Fright Nights 2015

spoon

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone noticed any on-park advertising yet?

Wasn't any last week. Presumably it will start later in the summer period as they'll still be focusing on Island Beats at the moment.

Believe me, when advertising starts on park, someone will post about it! :P

Hello to all, as someone who used to work at the park and has a fair few contacts in terms of friends and management there is no new developments in terms of fright night plans as far as I know my self.. 

anyone agree that they would welcome a big theme boost around the park and not just for the attractions to set the whole experience..?

Since as we can tell where my bloody valentine was last year is now a construction site will it be remover or relocated? And now thinking about it, is it likely that part of the wc16 building will be allocated to fright night events similar to that of X's building?

Well after the success of last year I doubt they'll reduce the offering. The Lionsgate contract is still in place for this year so MBV, Cabin, BWP and Saw have to feature. Plus MBV is just some shipping containers at the back of the staff car park, they can put them on the beach if needs be (or behind Swarm which was rumoured and even said on the website at one point last year as they were going to start working on the Arena sooner than they actually did).

The tents aren't all that bad, they just got a bit fixated on trying to make the mazes look better on the outside (but then gave up on theming the actual park). They could even make a new maze and theme it so it works with a tent like a crime scene or something. 

I would really like to see some new attractions for this year, especially seeing as the queues last year were awful during Ride n Reserve which shows how the mazes on offer were still not enough to even out the queues better.

I think a new maze would be quite good in place of Studio 13 as I doubt it will return. If it does, however, I wouldn't mind a marquee with some fake movie style cameras scattered around to make it look more like a set. 

Thorpe really need a scarezone of some sort, not like a queue up scarezone but more like an area where actors just stay throughout the evening, as well as roaming actors who are easily missed.

I'd like to see some more interest in the roaming actors if anything, last year I think I saw them once and they looked great but after that point in the evening that was it. The you're next ones they had the other year looked cool!

I agree - I'm not sure if they were just less prominent last year, but I only caught a glimpse of last year's roaming actors from afar, which was a bit unlucky.  In previous years, I always seemed to bump into them.

I think that's another reason why a scare zone would be a good idea, along with roaming actors.  A scare zone would provide guaranteed contact with actors outside a maze environment, whilst the roaming actors' purpose would not be lost. 

They certainly would yet virtually every year fail in this area. There were a few years some of the rides had some extra themeing such as CCR, skeletons and masks placed in ride areas, cobwebs etc, but none recently.

Some pictures can be found at Total Thorpe Park on the 2007 - 2009 pages.

http://www.totalthorpepark.co.uk/features/events.shtml

I also noticed when I went last year there was no actors in the queue lines. In 2013 there were a few actors in both Cabin in the woods queue and my bloody valentines queue which were great. 

I didn't know there were roaming actors last year? I only saw roaming actors when Cabin in the woods was closed for a few hours, so all the actors from there were out and about. 

I'd love to see more roaming actors and actors in the queue lines :)