Fright Nights 2015

spoon

Yeah I agree, the roaming actors in a 'gang' last year created a great atmosphere wherever they went (there's a video somewhere on youtube I think), but more are definitely needed. I also doubt that Thorpe would scale down their offering from 5 mazes to 3, so we will just have to see what they've got planned for us..... The full press release was september 9th last year, wasn't it?

Idk about anyone else but I saw LOADS of roaming actors last year- granted they were the same ones over and over again- the cult in the red hoods and then the ones all in black with white faces. My friends and I, among a few others got trapped between the two groups of actors over by SAW at the beginning of the evening and all hell broke loose :') probably my fave moment of Fright Nights last year, just utter chaos and everyone running around screaming! The actors in the Cabin and Studio 13 queuelines were good too- didn't see any in other queues but heard there were some in MBV?

Never saw Your Next the previous year so IMO last year was an upgrade in that department, though I may just have been really unlucky!

Idk about anyone else but I saw LOADS of roaming actors last year- granted they were the same ones over and over again- the cult in the red hoods and then the ones all in black with white faces. My friends and I, among a few others got trapped between the two groups of actors over by SAW at the beginning of the evening and all hell broke loose :') probably my fave moment of Fright Nights last year, just utter chaos and everyone running around screaming! The actors in the Cabin and Studio 13 queuelines were good too- didn't see any in other queues but heard there were some in MBV?

Never saw Your Next the previous year so IMO last year was an upgrade in that department, though I may just have been really unlucky!

Ah yeah I remember the group walking around in the red hoods. When I saw them they didn't do anything though, they were simply walking around? 

In 2013 I saw a few actors in the MBV queue and 1 or 2 in the Cabin queue, which was great. Last year however I saw none in the queues.

I guess it depends on what night you go, and I was unlucky.

Ah yeah I remember the group walking around in the red hoods. When I saw them they didn't do anything though, they were simply walking around?

In 2013 I saw a few actors in the MBV queue and 1 or 2 in the Cabin queue, which was great. Last year however I saw none in the queues.

I guess it depends on what night you go, and I was unlucky.

Oh no!! That is pretty unlucky! When I was there they all crouched on the ground, then one of them yelled something about eating us and they all attacked! Simultaneously the guys in black chased us with weapons, it was amazing!

An actor in the Cabin queue became quite fixated with us and chased us into the maze and was waiting to give us one last scare when we came out of it- he was awesome haha!

The director was good too, he stopped my boyfriend and I and briefly pretended to interview us about being in his "film". All in all pretty good I thought!

Oh no!! That is pretty unlucky! When I was there they all crouched on the ground, then one of them yelled something about eating us and they all attacked! Simultaneously the guys in black chased us with weapons, it was amazing!

An actor in the Cabin queue became quite fixated with us and chased us into the maze and was waiting to give us one last scare when we came out of it- he was awesome haha!

The director was good too, he stopped my boyfriend and I and briefly pretended to interview us about being in his "film". All in all pretty good I thought!

I don't remember being interviewed was this the time when I was engrossed in my brilliance or my iPad either one of the 2.

Hopefully FN's news isn't that far away as Alton Towers have just started teasing their first new addition "Sub Species" which is 18+. Seems like Merlin are big on these intense Halloween experiences. Having been on Face it Alone in Cabin in the Woods, it really was a way better experience. I hope we see more of these types of things making their way into the main event. I remember back in the day, actors would sometimes pull you out of the group and into a room alone etc. I would love to see that kind of thing return. 

I'm excited to do Face it Alone! (I say this now but knowing me I will back out) I got lots of interaction in cabin in the woods last year, also during Saw got sent out on our own. A lot of actors seemed to go for the younger ones and scare them by shouting rather than one on one interaction, both would be great to watch though!

I may do Brave It Alone this year also! But I'm not having any high expectations just because I was on my own for the last 10 seconds of My Bloody Valentine last year. :lol:

Face it Alone is extremely different to the mazes during the day, even if you're in them alone.

Whilst I would encourage anyone who enjoys scare attractions to try it, just remember it IS an extreme experience.

Whilst I would encourage anyone who enjoys scare attractions to try it, just remember it IS an extreme experience.

Totally aware of that. :P I remember Peaj recently told me of his experience in Studio 13 last year...but obviously that's not coming back. If anyone has an opinion on the best maze for BIA then that'll be appreciated (although I currently have eyes on Cabin and SAW).

I remember hearing Ryan's experience back in 2013, it sounded interesting...

It's nice being picked (majorly in some parts, axe to the throat ahem) on in the general mazes because I literally have no reaction but to smile at the actors, I'd love to see how they differ with one person.

I'd recommend people to do the BTS tours of the mazes because that was great! Learnt a lot about the environment along with what characters are given to actors, how they scare and where the secret doors are in CITW. You also get a free priority pass to that maze you chose to look at!

I remember back in the day, actors would sometimes pull you out of the group and into a room alone etc. I would love to see that kind of thing return. 

I remember in 2013 in Saw Alive one of the actors grabbed my cousins legs (she was at the back) so she could no longer move. This meant she got split up from us and she was on her own for a while :P 

Guess it just depends on the actors.

I remember in 2013 in Saw Alive one of the actors grabbed my cousins legs (she was at the back) so she could no longer move. This meant she got split up from us and she was on her own for a while :P

Guess it just depends on the actors.

Well please do us a favour and tell Thorpe to bring back those actors! Can't have a repeat of the HILARITY the maze was last year!

Well please do us a favour and tell Thorpe to bring back those actors! Can't have a repeat of the HILARITY the maze was last year!

Hahaa like I'd remember who it was  :lol:

One of my favourite actors who worked in Cabin in 2013 didn't do it again in 2014. He's a security at the park so I spoke to him recently and he said he will probably be at Fright Nights again this year  :D

I'll always remember the actor from my first time in My Bloody Valentine! Upon entering the maze, he didn't do what other actors did last year and just tell you "a killer's on the loose and you have to run now"...he actually told us the full story of Harry Warden...and how "he might be still lurking in the shadows of this very mine". Top class acting for a poor maze! :D

I'm worried that Thorpe aren't going to bother adding anything for this year, its always so exciting when a new attraction is announced and seeing as Alton Towers and Chessington both have revealed the attractions for this year, Thorpe haven't released anything. I understand they are focusing on Island Beats but after the queues last year I don't know how the park will cope with only four attractions.

You have to remember, the big reveal came on 9th September last year, so don't hold your breath! Also, Island Beats is on for another fortnight, and Thorpe aint gonna break the hype train until it's over. Just hang on, it's so unpredictable this year! (apart from certain IPs)

I'm worried that Thorpe aren't going to bother adding anything for this year, its always so exciting when a new attraction is announced and seeing as Alton Towers and Chessington both have revealed the attractions for this year, Thorpe haven't released anything. I understand they are focusing on Island Beats but after the queues last year I don't know how the park will cope with only four attractions.

There's still plenty of time for an announcement - most seasons Thorpe have added something new to Fright Nights, they've announced it specifically in late-August / September time.  The only time I can think otherwise is 2013, when they announced the Lionsgate sponsorship in July-time.  

If they made IAC a more scare maze friendly experience for FN or moved Studio 13 into a tent / the marquee, I'm not going to begrudge the park not adding in a new FN maze, when we've continuously had new mazes since 2010.  Still would love to see more out-of-stuff though (like a proper scare zone, for example).

If the park are adding in a new maze though, wouldn't it be nice if they could do a Sanctuary and theme it as a back-story to WC16.  I'm sure they could shoe-horn it into the park-wide movie theme, and would work as some brilliant advertising for the ride if they did!

I would be happy with the same lineup as last year to be honest, especially when you consider than next year they'll have to completely overhaul the lineup (as the sponsorship runs out after this year - I think?)

However, I've said this a million times but I'll say it again: THEY NEED PARKWIDE THEMING THIS YEAR. A Halloween event is not a Halloween event if the park doesn't have the right atmosphere - with the audio they play, parkwide theming would complete the scary feel.

One thing I thought they needed was more roaming actors. That is what I thought took away from it last year. But I agree the same line up is welcome here. But I'm not sure about blare witch because they destroyed the shed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk