Fright Nights 2015

spoon

But I'm not sure about blair witch because they destroyed the shed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

But sheds aren't that hard to put up at all, or maybe they are going to have a slightly less B&Q-ish finale this year and build something proper. It wouldn't take long to put another one up.

But sheds aren't that hard to put up at all, or maybe they are going to have a slightly less B&Q-ish finale this year and build something proper. It wouldn't take long to put another one up.

Fair enough. Do you think they will have enough room on the beach for studio 13 and my bloody valentine

I don't think they want to use the beach again, I remember hearing somewhere that it destroys the floor and they have just repainted it. S13 could probably fit in the marquee, and there's probably room somewhere for the MBV containers, maybe around the back of Inferno (but not in the way of Blair Witch)?

Last year when the mazes were released my bloody valentines location said behind the Swarm. This could be where it originally was planned to be as they thought they were going to start working on the arena before Fright Nights? I think they'll put it behind Swarm.

Only old maze I really miss is Se7en.  I really enjoyed the concept of the maze and there were some great scenes with great effects in there.  The blank areas between scenes were very meh, but it was overall a good maze in my opinion.

-Curse was always underwhelming to me; nice to look at, but never more than people shout 'Arrrrr, me mateys'.  Shame I didn't do it in its last season, as apparently it was good

-Asylum was very meh, and liked giving me a headache.

-Hellgate was a bit meh too.

Some of the others I miss in some ways - I'd have liked to try Passing a couple more times / see it develop over a couple of seasons.  Could have been a really nice attraction.  Experiment 10 was great too, but needed some of its issues sorted out, and unfortunately MBV just doesn't match up to it.  So I 'miss' them in the sense of I'd like to have seen them have more time to possible develop.

I wish I'd done Freakshow 3D too.  Sounded like a nice and clever concept (and then it would have given me a full house on Fright Night attractions).  Shame it's all be painted over and the like.

But then again, I'm not complaining with what we've got.  Cabin is a brilliant maze with a fantastic idea.  MBV inherits some of Ex10's issues and some new ones, but at least uses small spaces and good theming well.  Saw Alive is a solid conga line style maze.  Blair Witch was great last season, and showed that Thorpe can utilise suspense in their attractions.  Studio 13 had a fantastic premise and is to the date the most immersed I've felt in a scare attraction.  So, very happy with what we've got at the moment!

Was it just me that liked experiment 10 ??

Forgot about that, sadly it was only good in 2011 as they destroyed the ending in 2012 as well as the sequence of the smoke chamber room and audio, but in 2011 it was easily one of the best scare mazes the UK has seen. I also remember lighting being much better in it's first year.

It had a lot longer than two years in it as well, hopefully they'll bring it back after the Lionsgate sponsorship runs out.

Also, I disagree about Asylum being meh, I really enjoyed it and the reactions from most people as well as reviews suggest that it was a popular maze, but I appreciate that people have different views on things!

The Curse was always my favourite, especially towards its final years when the actors would speak in a different language and it was so smoky everywhere!

I never did the curse. but I doubt it will return because Thorpe Park had an issue with the floor on Neptune's beach getting damaged or something like that, read it earlier in the thread

S13 was my first maze ever so I didn't know what to expect at all, so I was dying with nerves beforehand (one of the first days of FN and I was one of the first to go in) but I just laughed my way through. It wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it was so I was a bit disappointed really.

S13 was my first maze ever so I didn't know what to expect at all, so I was dying with nerves beforehand (one of the first days of FN and I was one of the first to go in) but I just laughed my way through. It wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it was so I was a bit disappointed really.

I can relate to laughing. I got a picture on my phone of me and a mate laughing. Probably shouldn't have taken it but, thorpe park never need to know

Studio 13 was one big blur for me, all I can remember is the flashing lights and the actors getting touchy, also at the end with the chainsaw. I have a photographic memory so I remember Cabin and the others really well but I think the lights confused me...

Also what was up with the actors having totally white faces and nothing else? Looks like they stuck their face into a cheesecake