Fright Nights 2015

spoon

I find it interesting that Thorpe have gone into full swing with the FN advertising on social media so soon.  What with changing their profile pictures to their 'dark' Thorpe logo, and having banners that state the FN dates too.

Even though there's only a few days left of Island Beats, I was expecting them to push that as much as possible.  Maybe it hasn't been as successful as they liked, and they've decided to just cut their losses and crack on with focusing on the next big event?

I find it interesting that Thorpe have gone into full swing with the FN advertising on social media so soon.  What with changing their profile pictures to their 'dark' Thorpe logo, and having banners that state the FN dates too.

Even though there's only a few days left of Island Beats, I was expecting them to push that as much as possible.  Maybe it hasn't been as successful as they liked, and they've decided to just cut their losses and crack on with focusing on the next big event?

I seem to remember Fright Nights advertising starting just as early as this two years ago - can't remember when it started last year.  :lol:

I seem to remember Fright Nights advertising starting just as early as this two years ago - can't remember when it started last year.  :lol:

Two years ago was different though - they were really pushing to Lionsgate sponsorship for its first year and didn't have a major summer event going on at the time (Sun Scream was going on, but it wasn't anywhere near as big as Island Beats should be).  Last year it started to pick up in September time.  It's just me being purely speculative and it's probably coincidence, but it just seems a bit...odd.

On a different note, Scruffy Dog tweeted this earlier.  It feels very circus-y to me..

EDIT:  Another video has been released.  Loving these little teaser videos to be honest (but then again, I'm easily pleased with this sort of stuff :P ):  

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpf1/v/t42.1790-2/11914476_10153485417460867_609170704_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjMwMCwicmxhIjo1MTJ9&rl=300&vabr=86&oh=0428c919b4ab680bb21ce9aebf6eddbf&oe=55DE3749

Also worth pointing out that these videos were recording on-park (I think), so any sets / theming seen in the video are likely indications as to what we could expect from the maze! :)

Interesting. Will Thorpe continue to drop new teasers/information every day? Or do you think they'll take a break at some point? I suppose if they continue; they can milk the big top for a week, then the next new attraction for a week, then focus on each of the IP mazes.... that'll last a while and cause a LOT of hype...

Interesting. Will Thorpe continue to drop new teasers/information every day? Or do you think they'll take a break at some point? I suppose if they continue; they can milk the big top for a week, then the next new attraction for a week, then focus on each of the IP mazes.... that'll last a while and cause a LOT of hype...

I doubt we're in for more till next week at the earliest.  I'm guessing that they will drag out a reveal for the second new experience next week at some point, then post weekly videos as a countdown to Fright Nights.

Also, it's been mentioned on Thorpe's Facebook that Fastrack will be priced like last year:  £5 per maze and £25 for all five.  Good to see no discount on the bundle again, and it does suggest that whatever the second experience is, it's not a maze. :P

Quote from the park's website, confirming this will be on / by the Beach...

NEW for 2015, twist your way through THE BIG TOP a brand new scare maze set at an abandoned carnival on the island’s Amity Beach, while former entertainers of the once famous Figaro Bros. Carnival come back to life to haunt those who dare to trespass.

Quote from the park's website, confirming this will be on / by the Beach...

If it's on the beach, I hope it's a high throughput as I remember the ridiculous queues that The Curse, and later Se7en got in that location.

Presume this means we'll see the return of the white tents?  Although with a Circus theme there is potential to theme them quite easily.

Don't get lost in The Figaro Bros. World Famous Mirror Maze...#THEBIGTOP #FRIGHTNIGHTS2015 http://t.co/hvH4RIInaM

From Thorpe's twitter. There's going to be some sort of mirror maze within the maze... to me that will be pretty cool, especially if they use a mixture of mirrors and see normal glass... The actors can do some damage in there...

Mirror Maze sounds fun, but I immediately have some concerns about throughput. Very easy to have congestion in a mirror maze if not controlled carefully, ruining the experience a bit. Also easy to allow plenty of time for people to escape the maze, but can slow down throughputs a bit.

Don't get me wrong, a mirror maze in a scare maze does sound fun (I can't think of any scare mazes that do have one actually?), but it will surely be difficult to pull off?

Ok, so look at the image they shared for the mirror maze. On the photo it said 'mirror maze - the big top'. I reckon this is a replica carnival with multiple attractions. Tomorrow we may get another photo that says 'fun house - the big top' or something else to do with the circus/carnival...