Fright Nights 2015

spoon

A CARNIVAL OF THE UNDEAD CREEPS INTO THORPE PARK RESORT FOR HALLOWEEN

Selected dates: Friday 9 October - Sunday 1 November 2015

• NEW for 2015 THE BIG TOP CARNIVAL MAZE

• Adult babies, clowns, mime artists and a devilish ringleader, the new stars of the UK’s premiere Halloween event, FRIGHT NIGHTS, arrive at THORPE PARK Resort

• UK’s premiere award-winning Halloween event celebrates 14 ‘Gorious’ years

Roll up! Roll Up! FRIGHT NIGHTS returns to claim its prized title as the nation’s premiere Halloween event and reveals a brand new horror maze experience THE BIG TOP – a carnival brimming with sordid characters including adult babies, clowns, mime artists and a jack-in-the-box.

NEW for 2015, Guests are invited to join the show as they twist their way through the brand new scare maze set in an abandoned carnival on the island’s Amity Beach.

Prepare for screams at the carnival, experiences include a Fortune Tellers Wagon, a mirror maze brimming with chuckling clowns and mime artists, a creepy fun house, a torture chamber, game stalls with a twist, a circus scare room and the clown’s dressing room.

The Carnival owners, the Figaro Bros, will greet you along your journey. Guests quickly discover this is no longer a place of laughter. Will they make it through the final encore of the Carnival show?

A second scare experience is due to join the line-up, it will be based on the nation’s top fears and guests will have to escape under timed conditions.

In gruesome collaboration with global horror producer, Lionsgate UK, FRIGHT NIGHTS also brings award winning scare actor-led horror attractions based on cult classic The Blair Witch Project; the dark My Bloody Valentine, the twisted The Cabin in the Woods and the menacing SAW, already the inspiration for the world’s most terrifying rollercoaster at the Park.

PLUS face thrilling rides in the dark including THE SWARM, the UK’s first winged rollercoaster, Stealth, one of Europe’s fastest and tallest rollercoasters, Colossus, a ten loop rollercoaster and Nemesis Inferno, a feet-free, legs-dangling coaster experience, as well as SAW – The Ride, all in the dead of night and all included in the Park entry price.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/thorpeparkmania/posts/10156086824755624

There's a fairly lengthy description of The Big Top in the press release.

THE BIG TOP - NEW

NEW for 2015, grab your ticket to the greatest scare on Earth as the circus comes to town this October at THORPE PARK Resort’s FRIGHT NIGHTS. Twist your way through this new scare maze set at an abandoned carnival on the island’s Amity Beach. The Figaro Bros Carnival comes back to life to haunt those who dare to trespass.

Start your visit and discover what your future holds at the ancient fortune teller where the tarot cards will reveal your fate as you enter this circus like no other - this is where your journey begins. As you enter the hall of mirrors keep your eyes open but don’t look too closely…there may be others watching. Search quickly to find your way out but beware, the worst is yet to come.

Journey through the carnival’s funhouse, once a place of laughter, now a haunting monument to the twisted revenge of The Figaro Bros become a part of their twisted game to see if you can avoid the same fate as those who have come before you.

To make your ultimate escape, walk along old carnival grounds as you approach THE BIG TOP – the main circus tent where the clown’s dressing room lies. Complete with a life sized Jack in the Box; it is here where you’ll experience your final encore.

Will you escape the Carnival Like No Other?

Cabin in the Woods: The Maze

Winner Best Halloween Scare Attraction SCARS 2014

Experience a frightening live recreation of this ground-breaking satirical horror film. Visitors will tour the seemingly innocent rustic cabin, within which lies a secret facility that unleashes nightmarishly hideous ‘beings’.  A fully immersive, brilliantly themed maze where visitors can influence the outcome and come face to face with the nightmare and devastation that is, The Cabin In The Woods.

My Bloody Valentine: The Maze

Relive one of the most terrifying films of all time. Ten years after a tragic mining accident in the town of Harmony, Harry Warden awoke from his coma on Valentine’s Day and brutally murdered 22 people with his pickaxe before being killed. Years on, there’s a killer on the loose – has Harry returned? Visitors will find themselves in the horrific hospital ward before having to negotiate their way through the tunnels of an abandoned mine, neglected shacks and a pitch black forest.

The Blair Witch Project: Scare Zone

A previously unused, dark wooded area of THORPE PARK, has now been renamed as ‘Burkittsville Village’ and is the setting for the recreation of this cult black and white movie. This outdoor scare attraction leaves it all to the imagination using the natural surrounds and woodland setting with a new ambient soundtrack to create the ultimate scare walkthrough experience.

SAW Alive: The Maze

Guess who’s coming to play? From the twisted minds that created the world’s most terrifying rollercoaster SAW - The Ride, comes the world’s most extreme live action maze – now with even more evil for 2014! Visitors will come face to face with the sadistic Billy puppet and face his nightmarish games…winding their way through this brilliantly themed multi-roomed maze. 

Also, I like how Saw Alive is more evil for 2014!  :lol:

I seem to remember a life sized Jack in the Box in Carnival of Screams at Alton, I don't have a problem with them reusing a few set pieces but if it's just a re-hashed version of COS then I will be very disappointed.

Also, I like how Saw Alive is more evil for 2014!  :lol:

I seem to remember a life sized Jack in the Box in Carnival of Screams at Alton, I don't have a problem with them reusing a few set pieces but if it's just a re-hashed version of COS then I will be very disappointed.

Anything not about the new attractions has seemingly just been copy and pasted from last year's press release!   :P

The thing with any carnival / clown themed maze is that they will almost always rely on similar ideas, so it'd be a surprise if Big Top didn't have similar scenes to COS in my opinion.  However, by the sounds of it, there are plenty of differences, and Big Top also sounds a lot darker, so I doubt it'll be a re-hash of COS.

Also from the press release is more about this escape attraction...

Overnight Experience packages start from £249.00 for two and includes two day Park tickets, complimentary parking and hot buffet breakfast, Free entry after park closing to the brand new mystery attraction – PLUS priority ride access for the first hour of park opening

Would suggest that the escape attraction is an after hours event?  Also seems like they're going to play the mystery card and reveal it quite late on.

Try this link: https://www.thorpepark.com/fright-nights/fright-nights/ (found by Googling 'Thorpe Park Fright Nights')

If you go to the main TP website and click on Fright Nights, it takes you to https://www.thorpepark.com/island-beats/fright-nights/ , which is now an outdated link since Island Beats is now finished. :)

Thank you! I appreciate it! It has been confusing me haha!  :)

I asked thorpe park fright nights today on facebook. Breakout is a free attraction included in normal price. It will also be included in fasttrack packages with the other mazes. So we have 6 free fright night attractions this year

That particular Facebook page is not official and in no way connected to Thorpe Park. Take anything they 'confirm' with a pinch of salt.

So are they gonna put MBV on the beach too? Hopefully that means we'll get a revised layout to go with it, regardless of where it ends up. It'll be a shame if the back of the build is exposed and they don't bother extending the facade though...

I think they could put my bloody outside the crust! Now they've opened up that huge area it's defiantly gonna be a snug fit but it could fit in there