Fright Nights 2015

spoon

I went on it last year and the group got split into 2 (I didn't go through the tunnels, we went the other route), but I wasn't separated from my friends and don't see how I possibly could have, we just stayed with eachother and went where we were told to go. its a pretty intense

maze (well on my run through it was but most people don't agree haha), but yeah you definitely should be ok in regards to getting split up from your friend and I'm pretty sure no one gets split up on their own. hope that helps :-)

Cheers mate, this helps a lot!

Personally, I've always felt that Thorpe have been too samey with their endings to mazes lately.

Experiment 10, MBV and BWP all had / have endings which relied on a loud, scary noise happening, all in a similar vain to Freezer/Asylum/MBV.  Saw Alive relies of the sound of the air gun to try and get people running out.  Cabin tries to get loads of actors for the finale, but ultimately it just feels like it ends too soon.  

A chainsaw ending is memorable, but it's not very original and easy to know the ending from outside the maze.  Don't get me wrong, I do think it's a great ending to a maze experience, and having it one maze out of 5 at Thorpe isn't something I'd be against.  But I'd like to see something original and different.  BWP does a good job in terms of keeping with the story and building on the tension created, but the free-flow experience ultimately works against itself!  

(Long time lurker here) If breakout is going to be included with the ticket price and that shipping container is it, won't that make some extremely long queues with it's presumably low throughput? Perhaps they'll have some kind of reservation system

I believe it's going to be a attraction which you will have to pay extra for and will be only be available after park hours. Still awaiting further information for this though.

I actually think BWP was the best horror attraction at Thorpe last year. No sarcasm. It didn't try to be anything it wasn't, and it wasn't swarming with actors which made it eerie, and the few actors there was did really well.

I totally agree,

BWP was great last year, it  was on par with cabin.

Edit: Just checked thorpe parks facebook, and they said in a repsone to someone that breakout is a separate charge.

I believe it's going to be a attraction which you will have to pay extra for and will be only be available after park hours. Still awaiting further information for this though.

Well, on Thorpe Parks official twitter, they replied to a tweet asking whether breakout is only for overnight guests and they replied saying it would be free for Shark Hotel guests but available for other guests too. This unfortunately may suggest that guests who don't stay overnight will have to pay for the experience :( A shame as I was looking forward to participating in this attraction, but I don't really want to pay extra for it, if I am honest.  :mellow:

Well, on Thorpe Parks official twitter, they replied to a tweet asking whether breakout is only for overnight guests and they replied saying it would be free for Shark Hotel guests but available for other guests too. This unfortunately may suggest that guests who don't stay overnight will have to pay for the experience :( A shame as I was looking forward to participating in this attraction, but I don't really want to pay extra for it, if I am honest.  :mellow:

Well, I hope it won't cost too much. It looks like a thing I'd like to experiece

Can I please settle the strangely repetitive 'which maze is best' chat that goes on every year. If you go through MBV and get split up and picked on, it is the most intense maze (hence the rating. However, if you are in a big group; it's short and boring. Some enjoy Cabin and some don't; it's all about the path you take, and then how many actors are around. In general, everyone liked BW last year. And very few people rate Saw Alive. So quit the MBVvsCabin argument; as it depends on when you go. You can't say one is better than the other (even if I prefer Cabin most of the time :P (it's because MBV is too short)).

Can I please settle the strangely repetitive 'which maze is best' chat that goes on every year. If you go through MBV and get split up and picked on, it is the most intense maze (hence the rating. However, if you are in a big group; it's short and boring. Some enjoy Cabin and some don't; it's all about the path you take, and then how many actors are around. In general, everyone liked BW last year. And very few people rate Saw Alive. So quit the MBVvsCabin argument; as it depends on when you go. You can't say one is better than the other (even if I prefer Cabin most of the time :P (it's because MBV is too short)).

That's the issue I have with the current Fright Nights lineup as of last year - none of the attractions are solid.  Inconsistency is to be expected in scare attractions, but I've had truly amazing run-throughs on both MBV and CITW yet other times they are lacklustre.  If Thorpe can focus on making sure the actors put in full effort 100% of the time and keep effects working then I think it would be a much fairer comparison.

With that said, I don't see why people shouldn't decide which one they prefer based on their own experiences.

It's a far more interesting conversation than where MBV is being placed.

1. Experiment 10 2011

2. Se7en 2010

3. The Curse 2012 

Went to Thorpe today, MBV defo won't have the same layout! Also saw a small cage structure by the exit of BWP whilst coming off inferno.

Cage structure? Did you get any pictures? 

My personal favourite was Experiment 10, heard it was a lot better in 2011 than 2012 but I only did it in 2012. 

With the 2013/14 mazes, my favourite was MBV. In 2013 Cabin was very close to my favourite, if not joint with MBV but the 2 times I went on it in 2014 it seemed it went downhill. I loved the Asylum, and thought Saw Alive was a lot better in 2014. I thought Studio 13 was awful but I only ever got 1 go on that so I can't really judge it. 

MBV is a weird one, as it seems to just get progressively worse in terms of theming and number of actors as you go through it.  

After the forest scene, all I can ever remember is darkness and encountering one actor.  Compare that to the decent introduction to the maze, and the hospital and mine scenes, which usually have a good few actors in them, it just feels very...weak.  

Maybe the effect of scare mazes has worn off me a bit, but a dark, enclosed area with an actor doesn't impress or scare me as much as a themed area with loads of actors.  That's why I really loved Studio 13's ending, as I had about 3 or 4 actors in the final room before being chased out by a chainsaw, in an ending which fitted in with the whole story of the maze.

I think MBV has its goods and bads with me:

Pros:

- Theming is great. It's just sometimes it's too dark to be able to see it.

- The idea of being split up is great (especially with the screams and gory sound effects in the background).

- I kid you not. There is definitely a slight rush of desperation at the end when you see the light at the end of the forest.

Cons:

- Feels too short most of the time.

- Harry Warden cosplay is awful.

- The guy at the beginning is the only actor in the maze who actually has dialogue...and yet I've actually only had one good run, which happened to be on my first time in the maze! While that guy from my first time would actually tell the story of Harry Warden, others would just tell you a killer is on the loose and you have to run...

Mbv 3d movie had the most promise to be turned into a maze because being trapped in the mines with a killer is a really great concept its just the maze has a few flaws. My best run though it was when I was split up this was 2013 (when I was 12 fyi) was one of the scariest moments of my life 5 or 6 actors on 1 made it the best scare I've ever done.

The flaws are when your not split up

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk