Fright Nights 2015

spoon

I'm assuming Saw Alive is not suitable for an 11 year old that wouldn't even go on the ride?

Not talking about my son here but his friend who came along on one of the Summer Nights with us, he wouldn't go on Saw with me but was bitterly disappointed that IAC and Saw Alive were closed..... he said he would lobby his clueless dad about going back.

Do I need to tip a wink to his dad about it?

CoS worked really well as a part indoor part outdoor attraction when it moved, so I can imagine it being a lot like that, winding in and out of tents. 

I'm not convinced that this is gonna be anything more than a standard Merlin themed attraction, unlike what most people are already thinking. At the end of the day, its just a multi coloured marquee, they're not exactly hard to rent out, and just coincidentally happen to fit in with the theme. I guess time will tell though. It's not always a bad thing they don't go overboard theming though, as long as the atmosphere is right. 

I'd take an atmospheric intimate half themed marquee over a overly themed cattle herd universal maze any day. 

Some updates for you guys:

I know it's me being picky but if you could ever get a video update, rather than photos in a slideshow, that would be great!

As for the Big Top, looks like it could be good so far! It's the only reason I'm doing Fright Nights this year as last year was dire, so I hope it's fun! If there isn't smoke everywhere and carnival music playing I will be disappointed!

"I'd take an atmospheric intimate half themed marquee over a overly themed cattle herd universal maze any day."

I agree actually. The Americans seem to do things a lot better than we can in terms of theme parks most of the time, but I've always thought that our scare attractions were better than theirs. True, they have incredible theming on theirs, but they're just not that immersive because they only have one very clear, uninteresting route, very obvious scares, and you have to wander slowly in one long line. In England you go in groups, you can run and hide in places, you can cower in a corner and the actors have so much more freedom to get right up to you and genuinely scare you.

On another note, do you think Saw:Alive will have the 'hands on shoulders' style again this year?

"I'd take an atmospheric intimate half themed marquee over a overly themed cattle herd universal maze any day."

On another note, do you think Saw:Alive will have the 'hands on shoulders' style again this year?

Hopefully, I like the conga line style in saw alive because it is a classic and reminds me of being the first public group through back in 2010. Those were the days, when it was a permanent attraction!

so guys, I'm thinking of doing face it alone either this year or next, but really wanna know what I'm dealing with. if anyone who's done it before could describe what happened to them in their experience in detail (pm me maybe???) that would be great, just so I know what I'm getting into, thanks. :).

so guys, I'm thinking of doing face it alone either this year or next, but really wanna know what I'm dealing with. if anyone who's done it before could describe what happened to them in their experience in detail (pm me maybe???) that would be great, just so I know what I'm getting into, thanks. :).

I would personally say it's best to know as little as possible. Otherwise the experience is lessened.

Just know that ANYTHING is possible and it is an extreme experience. :)

Like Josh said you're better off not knowing. Plus the disclaimer you sign beforehand says you shouldn't tell anyone!

I found it all a bit awkward and improvised if I'm honest. They just threw me about and made me do awkward stuff. I much prefer the normal scare attraction formula.