Fright Nights 2015

spoon

Well that's just pants.

I'm a Celebrity being closed highlights how successful it has been to be honest, I've said from the moment they announced it that it was a bad idea but to have the new attraction closed on this event is just rubbish.

As for rides closing early, it just should not happen.

Loggers has closed before night for a few years now. Just like Flume. It's to do with lighting and the case of an evacuation. They say 5pm, one of the busy busy days last year they ran it until they could do so safely. The 5pm is flexible basically with how dark it is. Rocky closes for BWP. Again, was meant to close at 5pm last year, was often running till 7pm. Rumba was meant to close at 7/8 each night. Ran till 10 on all nights. It's just a forewarning they might close at that time but in a lot of the cases they don't. Better to know that before you go and see they're still open at 7pm than to not have known and find them closed.

IAC could be due to staffing. On Tuesday there were signs up around park saying they're after actors for FN, maybe they haven't had much success or input from people so are running low? Plus, mazes aren't cheap to run. And taking it FN is no more expensive for a guest to visit than a normal day and you get 5 free extra attractions and rides open an extra 4/5 hours you can see why some cuts have to be made, especially with the current situation at Merlin.

I'm not surprised by IAC

And I'm still genuinely shocked as to why anyone would WANT to go on Loggers after 5pm with the British October time temperatures, let alone whether its a H&S issue or not. 

Also a while back someone mentioned a rumour that Face it Alone will be picked at random in a wheel of fortune style game. Well Thorpe just posted this picture which I guess pretty much confirms its location (if you look to the right of the clown).

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/r270/12038009_10153554025155867_4528252111220887847_n.jpg?oh=3afb0ae76e75b5c6f6b5117aafd47afb&oe=5685F994 

That doesn't make sense to me. Why would they put the wheel in The Big Top if its for Face It Alone?

It's just outside it. I think some sort of event will go on for Brave it Alone people during the day where they spin the wheel and find out what maze they are braving alone later in the day.

I'm not surprised by IAC.

And I'm still genuinely shocked as to why anyone would WANT to go on Loggers after 5pm with the British October time temperatures, let alone whether its a H&S issue or not.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/r270/12038009_10153554025155867_4528252111220887847_n.jpg?oh=3afb0ae76e75b5c6f6b5117aafd47afb&oe=5685F994

I was gonna do tidal in the dark ??

I went on tidal in the dark last year so I don't know why it would be shut this year

Budget cuts,Spoon is right. Merlin and there budget cuts.  :rolleyes:

I guess it isn't to bad of a loss,for me though Thorpe is going to be flooded with ques due to a plethora of rides closed..

From the looks of the site, you will enter the Big Top in the red tent (bottom end of where Curse was) work through to the circular tent, under the bridge past the game stand things (exterior element to the maze?) and then into the clown headed tent. It looked like a structure was being built on the small side of the beach to hold the Big Top sign which is situated that side and the Fastrack sign so I'd say the queue will be on the small side too. 

I'm a Celebrity being closed highlights how successful it has been to be honest, I've said from the moment they announced it that it was a bad idea but to have the new attraction closed on this event is just rubbish.

I must admit the closure of IAC during all FN dates has shocked me.  Whilst it's easy to suggest it's down to budget cuts, there could be other reasons.  Maybe they haven't got enough actors in to cover 7 attractions plus roamers and out-of-hours events?  Maybe they don't want people to do it in case they expect a scare attraction?  

I'm not suggesting that any of those are the only reason for the closure.  It could be a mixture.  But in all likelihood, budget constraints must be a factor, surely?  It's not a good sign when a park isn't opening their new attraction for what is usually their most popular time of year.

I went on tidal in the dark last year so I don't know why it would be shut this year

Budget cuts,Spoon is right. Merlin and there budget cuts.  :rolleyes:

Tidal is closed for maintenance, for definite. It isn't for budget cuts.

If long queue times weren't already a problem, closing handfuls of attractions is extremely unhelpful.

FFS, loggers, rumba, rocky, IAC, and of course Tidal Wave are all gonna be shut :(

I guess it isn't to bad of a loss,for me though Thorpe is going to be flooded with ques due to a plethora of rides closed..

Feel like these comments are taking things out of context.

After 5pm, how popular are Loggers, Rumba and Rocky Express? What sort of queues do they pull? Next to none I bet. I'm sure as well that Loggers, Rumba and Rocky were on a list of early close rides last season as well, and Rumba and Rocky stayed open later than the advertised closed signs anyways. Those 3 attractions aren't going to affect the queue times drastically in any way.

Equally, Tidal's closure isn't going to affect the queues that much. How often does it get above a 5 minute queue after September? I bet it doesn't. Those people that would ride it aren't going to affect the queue times drastically either.

IAC has the most potential to lead to repercussions around the park, due to its new-ness. However, don't forget that it's apparently getting around 200pph as a maximum. Not exactly a lot, in comparison to basically everything else on park. So even if it would have gotten a 2 hour queue during Fright Nights, you're only looking at about 400 odd people being re-distributed around the park. On busy days where a gate figure is ridiculously high, that's nothing.

So yeah, these closures aren't going to drastically affect the queue times that much. At worst, you'd be looking at 600 odd people who would be using those rides that now aren't, and instead are going elsewhere. Spread that across the park with 15000 other people, and the queue time increases will be negligible.

In saying all this, I think it should go without saying that I'm not actually supporting these ride closures in any way (Loggers is perhaps understandable due to lighting issues; hard to say exactly wither way without more info. To be honest, I'm surprised Mr Monkey doesn't close in the evening, given its young target market, but I digress...). But simply put, I just don't think these closed rides will affect the queues as much as some people are making it out to be.