Planet Coaster - new theme park sim from Frontier makers of Elite: Dangerous

stretchy

The game does look fantastic, even though we've only seen the trailer and the models! :wub:

They have a few models you can see which are being used in the game. The B&M hyper looks far more detailed than the one RCTW showed off.

https://sketchfab.com/frontier

On that pic of the Hypercoaster it has the Planet Coaster logo on the train. Really am hoping that'll only be a default graphic in the game, thus letting you use you're own graphics as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to have a quick look around the net about this game and found this (https://www.frontierstore.net/). Some of the featured products which you have to pay extra for, are quite high in my opinion especially the VIP staff pass. Though I don't understand the point of it, even after reading the quick overview, though I think it allows you to create peeps. Still, the price is silly for that extra addon.

No it's not you, paying £30 extra for the privilege of being a beta tester is, well, f*****g nuts.

The only time I ever did beta testing I was paid (with free content) all I had to do was sign an NDA and give my opinion (not that they listened to any of us), I didn't pay anything.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Almost definitely getting this over RCT World when it's properly released, seems to be a little more refined.

For all those that preferred the old RCT games (RCT2 being my personal favourite) then you may be interested in Parkitect. It's currently in pre-alpha so there isn't much content as yet and can sometimes perform a little strangely but it has a modding community already building additional features for the game, many of which are being incorporated during the regular updates. Coaster builder is very similar to that of the original RCT series in its simplicity but is a little more versatile as well. Been playing it a couple of days now and it has a lot of potential, plus it's only around £10.50 at the moment which gives you access to the full game when its released plus all of the pre-alpha releases onwards.

Get the game here

Nerd3 testing video shows some features of the game pretty well, his coaster building style is however very questionable...

https://youtu.be/C_jIT5ush2E

• 4 weeks later...

This game looks incredible.

Peeps have a clear relation to RCT3, the track editor is a best of both worlds (from no limits and RCT3) and the scenery looks fab.

I am so excited for this game. Frontier have completely smashed RCT **** out of the water with it so far, and how intricate, simple and easy everything looks in planet coaster makes me really happy and excited. A few friends of mine were saying they'd get RCTW just so they can share parks with their mates online. Well, Planet coaster does this too now. I have no reason whatsoever to choose Ataris game over this.

I just hope theres a way you can put supports of coasters onto paths. (:

• 1 month later...

With more information being released and the alpha being released before the end of the month I thought I would breath some new life into this thread. 

Currently planet coaster is doing an hour live stream every Wednesday. Not sure how long this is going to last for. The last one was with the lead art director where it showed some pre-alpha footage including an air race and a B&M floorless. Defiantly worth watching if you are interested in the game. The next one on Wednesday 9th at 7pm is about the rides in the game and will hopefully show off the coaster builder. Its with the lead person on rides who is a massive nemesis fan so I expect great things.