stretchy

Planet Coaster - new theme park sim from Frontier makers of Elite: Dangerous

72 posts in this topic

That is utterly incredible. I mean, the supports were questionable, as was the queue, but other then that the rides shaping, pacing and landscape was pretty spot on. Considering the game is still in alpha, this goes to show how incredible it will likely be.

Even more content has been revealed in the latest livestream!!! My poor heart can't handle this anymore! Almost everything I want out of this game is right here in this one video! :wub:

Project LC and CharlieN like this

7 minutes ago, Benin said:

Buy a real computer!

Ha! I like my MacBook, only negative I've had with it so far is being unable to play this game :P 

So obviously water rides are a thing now. Log flumes are confirmed. River Rapids are also confirmed. If they can also draft in a chute the chute ride like Tidal Wave and Jurassic Park I will certainly piss myself :P

20 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

I pissed myself at the woodie announcement. It's so beautiful :wub:

...but nowhere near as beautiful as the trigger effects tool! It's what was missing from RCT3 (bar Ride Events of course) and now it's in Planet Coaster. :wub:

18 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

...but nowhere near as beautiful as the trigger effects tool! It's what was missing from RCT3 (bar Ride Events of course) and now it's in Planet Coaster. :wub:

Indeed. The dark ride in the second live stream was incredible. This trigger tool will open up so many new possibilities for users.

On 11/9/2016 at 6:18 PM, CharlieN said:

The dark ride in the second live stream was incredible. This trigger tool will open up so many new possibilities for users.

This one?

CharlieN likes this

Official launch trailer has landed and without a doubt it literally completes the general look of the game perfectly! Having purchased the game last night while it was still in Beta (and assumedly at a cheap price), I honestly can't wait to get started with it once I've upgraded my system. :wub:

Note the Baron 1898 and Blue Fire recreations in there also. ;)

5 hours ago, Kerfuffle said:

Official launch trailer has landed and without a doubt it literally completes the general look of the game perfectly! Having purchased the game last night while it was still in Beta (and assumedly at a cheap price), I honestly can't wait to get started with it once I've upgraded my system. :wub:

Note the Baron 1898 and Blue Fire recreations in there also. ;)

And I saw a cheeky bit of Silvarret at the start!

He is an incredible creator. His woodie called Mjölnir is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in a long time - and it's not finished yet. The amount of detail is incredible and his rock work and terraforming is amazing:

Haven't even played the game yet (it's installed but I'm currently pending on the installation of a new graphics card that arrived recently) but I just can't get over how beautiful the soundtrack is :wub:

ChessingtonSam likes this

Excuse the double post but can we all just take a minute to appreciate the effort that's gone into this??? Never have I seen a coaster station be recreated so brilliantly :wub:

It's not all sunshine and rainbows though. The track does need a little smoothing out in places...but apart from that, for a recreation this is spot on!

Needs a bit of smoothy smooth and a change of the queue path type but apart from that it looks pretty good. Much better than anything I could make in it.