Top 10's

Mark9

I was thinking of all the rides I've been on in the last year... and thought I'd put them in an easy to read list... you can do the same if you wish. :P

1.Nemesis (1994)- Probably the biggest and most successful rollercoaster we will ever see in this country. It defies description and following the B&M rule its the fastest its ever been, cutting through its pit in less then 60 seconds. If you think Inferno is a decent ride, I hope you go to Alton to be blown away. A true raw adrenaline experience.

2.Dragons Fury (2004) Ten years later Tussauds struck gold with this Maurer Sohne spinning coaster. Despite troubles with reliability this is a proper family coaster providing kids with an excellent first rollercoaster and providing surprising thrills for adults. Not to be missed and the best Maurer ride in Europe (trust me, I've done all 5 :P )

3.Black Mamba (2006) Taking Nemesis's pit idea and taking it to the next level, Black Mamba is Europe's most innovatively themed ride. Its station makes any other ride looks pathetic in comparison. The ride is just hotting up and will soon be up to Nemesis standards. For now this really is one of the best Beemers in existance.

4.Tidal Wave (2000) One of Thorpe Park's only themed rides and actually one of Tussauds first rides, this Hopkins shoot the chutes is nothing special but the theming pushes it beyond the port of call. WWTP one of the most amusing Tussauds aspects of the last dcade. An almost perfect ride for the park.

5.Superman de Acero (2002) I was surprised by this. I'd heard a lot about the ride being to smooth and this is true however it packs so much variety into its two minute circuit, two air-time hills, an almost vertical first drop, seven inversions and a properly themed queue lines. The Floorless aspect adds much freedom for riders resulting in Europe's first of its kind to be a great little (big) ride.

6.Runaway Mine Train (1992) This may seem like a strange one but I find this little Mack powered coaster to be a fantastic ride. Starting off with a helix into several head-choppers before traverising through the Congo river rapids tunnel this short ride adds a lot to the park. The newly refurbished train looks fantastic and is an awesome asset to the park.

7.Oblivion (1998) Everyone praises what thorpe have done with Stealth but to be honest its a poor mans Oblivion as the worlds first vertical drop rollercoaster set the benchmark and has only just been beaten in America. The prospect of death set in the queueline as well as the huge hole add an interesting aspect to the ride and for such a short ride, it has a fantastic trick.

8.Acme Rapids (2002) This is what all UK rapids aspire to be in terms of wetness, this is an incredibly wet ride. The little sprayers added around the ride actually make sense and the wave machine got us utterly soaked. Its an aspiring little ride hidden away in toon world of Warner Madrid but is worth the find as one of the best in Spain.

9.Hex (2000) 2000 really was a hit year for Tussauds, especially with Hex which focuses on a local legend to create an atmospheric, enchanting ride. For those that haven't ridden I won't ruin the surprise, but it is definitly a must ride on anyones visit to the park.

10.Alpine Express (1984) Another Mack powered coaster, this time the first ever. Built in Europa Park the ride zooms into a tunnel where it is greeted by fire and water effects and a huge steel dragon which claws at the train. Not to be missed by anyoneThose that almost made it onto my top 10:-

Grand National, Duel, Air, G'Sengte Sau, Tarantula Add yours if you like :P

My top 10 rides were:1.Name: SheiKraOpened: 2005Max. Speed: 70 MPHMax. Height: 200FTFeatures: Holding Brake, Dive Loop, Second Drop And a Water Final.2.Name: NemesisOpened: 1994Max. Speed: 50 MPHMax. Height: 40FTFeatures: 2 Corkscrews, Zero G Roll, Verticle Loop, In a Giant Pit, Blood Waterfalls Under The Track And Heavily Themed.3.Name: KrakenOpened: 2000Max. Speed: 60 MPHMax. Height: 144FTFeatures: 2 Vericle Loops, Cobra, Zero G Roll, Corkscrew And Heavily Themed.4.Name: MontuOpened: 1996Max. Speed: 60 MPHMax. Height: 150FTFeatures: The one-of-a-kind Batwing inversion, the only Inverted coaster with more than 6 inversions - it contains 7, 2 Verticle Loops, Dive Loop, Corkscrew, Zero G Roll And Heavily Themed To Egypt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

1. Black Mamba, Phantasialand2. Goliath, Walibi World, Holland3. Nemesis, Alton Towers4. Expedition G force, Holiday Park5. Tonnerre de Zeus, Parc Asterix6. Goudurix, Parc Asterix7. Silverstar, Europa Park8. Megafobia, Oakwood9. Colossus, Thorpe Park10. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe ParkNote, none of Blackpool's coasters made it, but they were'nt far behind.

For me its gotta be...1. The Scorcher - SFOG2. Goliath - SFOG/Silver Star - EP (theyre pretty similar)3. Oblivion - AT4. Nemesis - AT5. Stealth - TP6. Scream Machine - SFOG7. Colossus - TP8. Dragon's Fury - CWOA9. Air - AT10. Batman - SFOGI went to SixFlag Over Georgia in the Summer, it was AMAZING! The Scorcher was by far the best!

• 6 months later...

For me...1. Vampire at Chessington & Zoo :( 2. Colossus at THORPE PARK :P 3. Nemesis at Alton Towers :D 4. Rush at THORPE PARK5. Nemesis Inferno at THORPE PARK6. Dragon's Fury at Chessington & Zoo7. Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers8. Loggers Leap at THORPE PARK9. Rattlesnake at Chessington & Zoo10. Tomb Blaster at Chessington & ZooI know some seem weird, but I always take theming (sp?) of a ride into account.

1: U571 Simulator, MovieLand Studios, Italy. 2: Atlantis, Gardaland, Italy.3: Sequoia Adventure, Gardaland, Italy.4: Hollywood Action Tower, MovieLand Studios, Italy.5: Magma, MovieLand Studios, Italy.6: Stealth, TP. 7: Katun, Mirabilandia, Italy. (See a pattern developing?)8: Studio Backlot Tour, MGM WDW.9: Valhalla, BPB.10: Hydro, Oakwood.

Here be mine:1. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park2. Montu, Busch Gardens Africa3. Katun, Miribilandia4. Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park5. Stealth, Thorpe Park6. Nemesis, Alton Towers7. Dragon Khan, Port Aventura8. Kumba, Busch Gardens Africa9. SheiKra, Busch Gardens Africa10. Oblivion, Alton Towers...I'm a sucker for an B&M Invert :huh:

1) Duelling Dragons - Islands of Adventure2) Batman - Six Flags Over Georgia3) Nemesis - Alton Towers4) Air - Alton Towers5) Colossus - Thorpe Park6) Velocity - Flamingo Land7) Stealth - Thorpe Park8) Valhalla - Blackpool Pleasure Bleach9) Nemesis Inferno - Thorpe Park10) Kumali - Flamingo Land

Couldn't go down to 10 ! :P and the reason for most of mine over English ones is that the rides overseas really do give you a ride that however long you Que is worth it, Is there any ride in the UK with a MCBR? Not like on SAW's I mean like one on an Inverter or something like that. Note I couldn't think of the order to put them in apart from the 1st one :P1.The amazing (literally Amazing) adventures of spiderman- Islands of adventure2.The Incredible Hulk coaster- Islands of adventure3.Popeye and Bluto's bilge rat barges- Islands of Adventure4.Saw-The ride: Thorpe Park5.Nemesis- Alton Towers6.Kumba-Busch Gardens7.Revenge of the Mummy or whatever its called: Universal studios8.Simpsons Ride: Universal Studios9. Gwazi- Busch Gardens10. Expedition Everest11. Big thunder mountain railroad- Disneyland resort Paris12. Tower of terror- Walt Disney world Florida

• 1 year later...

1 - Nemesis (Alton Towers)Do I need a reason?2 - Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Studios Florida)Awesome mixture of dark ride and fun coaster... Extremely re-rideable, proven by me doing it 10 times in a day... 3 - The Beast (Kings Island)Nom, 6 minutes of pure increase of speed... And when night comes, it becomes something completely different...4 - Tonnere de Zeus (Parc Asterix)Ton of Air... So much airtime... So much fun...5 - Top Thrill Dragster (Cedar Point)Serious awesomeness just oozes from TTD... Looks bloody massive, sounds bloody loud, and rides bloody amazingly... One of the only coasters that made me nervous AND then proceeded to make me hyper for 30 minutes...6 - Expedition G-Force (Holiday Park)In hindsight, this may be the one that doesn't deserve it's place, but I really enjoyed it tbh... Must have hit it on a good day...7 - Megaphobia (Oakwood)Yay Welsh Wood... This is brilliant fun... A lot similar to Tonnerre in some respects... Added points for sheep living next door...8 - Duelling Dragons : Ice (Islands of Adventure)I much prefer Ice (or whatever version it is now) to Fire... Though again, this could easily change as haven't been on it for years...9 - Kumba (Busch Gardens Africa)The only B&M sit-down on the list, and it just rocks... It's classic B&M awesome, with g-forces coming out of the wazoo and a brilliant layout...10 - Phantom's Revenge (Kennywood)The big suprise really... Absolutely stand-out for the second drop and outrageous amounts of airtime recieved in the final legs... Great fun...

• 1 month later...

Shame more people haven't given reasons; this is potentially an excellent topic...1. NEMESIS. Even 20 years later, it is still a masterclass in ride design. Magnificent.2. VAMPIRE. Nemesis's spirital kin; gives an experience unique to the UK, and is utterly a shame no other parks have been bold enough to install anything similar.3. STEALTH. I was expecting to hate it, thinking 'one trick pony.' One tick pony par excellence....4. APOCALYPSE. Given the price it cast to install, it remains Draytons one genuinely world class attraction.5. PHANTOM MANOR. Again, it is a massive shame there are not more dark rides in the UK (curse you alton for the abortion that is Duel), this remains Europe's best.6. ROCK n ROLLERCOASTER. Frankly shouldn't work, but like its similarly excellent park partner......7 CRUSH'S COASTER the sheer amount of money chucked at is removes any doubt.8. MUMBO JUMBO. Unfairly overlooked, but as a mouse coaster, only short of... ...9. WILD MOUSE (BPB) greatness.10. AIR. Because rollercoasters don't it would appear, need to be intense...

1.Loggers Leap,I know it isnt amazing but it has character and thrill, it brings back good memories for me <3Thorpe Park2.Tonnerre De Zeus,I know I cant spell but it is such a great ride that gave me my first rollercoaster bruise :') Parc Asterix3.Stealth,might be quick but what a thrill, love this ride!!!Thorpe Park4.NemesisThis ride is a classic and is so much fun, really intense and great theming!Alton Towers5.Nemesis InfernoI love this ride, great theming, fast and intense. And at thorpe :DThorpe Park6.Oblivion,This ridescares the poo out of me but it is too good not to ride :DAlton Towers7.Jurassic Park River Adventure, (FL)Amazing theme, great story, hugee drop, love it!Islands of Adventure 8.Saw fantastic layout, huge drop really enjoyable!?Thorpe Park9.Rage,Really quite amazing for a funfair park, really intense!!!!Adventure Island10.Dragons Fury,Really fast, 90 degrees and decent thrill for a childrens theme park ;)Chessington

1- Stealth (TP) - Great ride, still gets me nervous a little bit everytime I go on it.2- Saw (TP) - Great theming, I just love it.3- Nemesis (AT) - Absoulutely amazing, my first ever ride I went on at alton4- Rush (TP) - I love the feeling when you face the sky5- Nemesis Inferno (TP)- I really like how disorientated it makes me feels after ;)6- Air (AT) just a cool ride in general7 Slammer (TP) nice ride to start the day off with8 Thirteen despite my username, I actually really like this ride9 loggers leap- my fave water ride10- Colossus- comes last on my list, not because of the ride, just the fact my ears bash the restraints :/

Out of the few theme parks I've actually been to:1. Kraken - <3 (It was the first time I ever rode a roller coaster at the front) 2. Nemesis Inferno - I love the dizzy confusion you get in the brake-run. 3. Detonator (It gets me every time)4. Irn Bru Revolution (It may be my inexperience speaking but the loop on this thing is intense!)5. Turbo (Brighton Pier) Yeah it may be a rough pile of old rusty Pinfari crap, but I lost my loop-ginity to it. 6. Grand National - I had so much fun on this, best bit was when my friends bag hit her in the face :) 7. Duelling Dragons (Fire) or whatever it's called now. 8. The Top Scan at Flamingo Park in Hastings (Can't remember the name) - Kick's Samurai's ass.9. Some fairground ride from Gay Pride last year. It went on for AGES and just kept getting faster and faster and I wasn't getting any more sober. It was amazing (I think it may have been made by KMG, it had the same restraints as Vortex at TP) 10. Stealth - Stealth is Stealth.Special mentions go to Zodiac for being my first inverting ride (Back when it was first installed - had no idea it went upside down) and Flying Fish for the childhood memories (It used to seem SO fast when I was ickle) also to Vampire, because I love it. I WILL break my Alton Towers cherry this year, dying to ride Nemesis and see what all the fuss is about.