Top 10's

Mark9

So rage and saw both have theming. Just not very good

I know the troll should not be fed, but...Putting a cardboard cut out of a superhero the park have invented to tell you how tall you have to be to ride does not give the ride a theme. It becomes a ride with a cardboard cut out, not a themed ride. I love rage btw, just not enough to put it in my top 10. I'm not knocking it. But it has no theme.

I would just like to take a moment to say that some of you are being a bit too hard on some of our newer members. I'd like you to think back to the first time you joined a forum and how you felt. I've seen some members on here grow and remember how people perceived them when they were first starting out on the forums.Just because someone is young, has a lot to learn and has some possibly naive views on things, this does not make them a troll. It is our job to educate them and include them in discussion so they can develop their own personal identity just as others on here have had the chance to do so.

:P:D

I would just like to take a moment to say that some of you are being a bit too hard on some of our newer members. I'd like you to think back to the first time you joined a forum and how you felt. I've seen some members on here grow and remember how people perceived them when they were first starting out on the forums.Just because someone is young, has a lot to learn and has some possibly naive views on things, this does not make them a troll. It is our job to educate them and include them in discussion so they can develop their own personal identity just as others on here have had the chance to do so.

Don't worry, I'm not offended I was actually laughing when I looked back and realised how stupid I was being. I just said that cos I don't really like saw. But to be fair I'm being biased because AI is my faviroute theme park...

I am being nice! Anyway........ back to.......Top 10: Non coasters1 - The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman - IOAIt really is amazing. I rode it again and again, sometimes with the glasses on, sometimes off, trying to work out how it all works. However they've done it the overall result is sensational, completely immersing you in another world.2 - Mickeys Philarmagic - DMKJust enchanting. It is 10minute slice of pure Disney; funny, sickly sweet and perfect in every way.3 - Tower Of Terror - DHSAgain, totally immersive experience leads up to an incredibly fun ride. The corridor disappearing into the night sky is another effect that makes my head hurt with it's brilliance. 4 - Bilge Rat Barges - IOAThe best water ride I've ridden. So wild, makes all other rapids rides feel tame. 5 - Hex - ATA superbly executed, deeply themed walk through leading to a great effect in the madhouse. Now I know what's coming I love watching the reactions of those who don't. Sets the standard for UK theming.6 - Bubbleworks - CWOAThe original, no ducks allowed. The main ride was pure childish fun with a bit of soul, the finale was a truly awesome effect to a child. Bring on the strobes.7 - Mission Space - EpcotSuch a clever trick, the effect is amazing8 - 5th Dimension - CWOAGetting shrunk and attacked by Arctic alien with laser type things, an 8 year olds dream. The smell of dry ice puts me right back in front of zapomatic even now. What I would give to be able to ride it today.9 - Hearts and Diamonds (aka round-up) - Various travelling fairsYou can spend all you like on a big shiny s+s prototype, but the ultimate 'flat' thrill is still this very simple, seatbelt-less, incredibly intense ride. Huge throughput for a flat, too. Why don't they turn up in modern theme parks?10 - The Snails - Joyland, Grt YarmouthA really personal choice, one of my earliest memories. Having ridden it again as an adult it is still a fun ride with character that can only come with age. (hmm, this might, technically, be a coaster)

• 2 months later...

Updated from May1. Expedition Everest - Disneys Animal Kingdom2. Hollywood Tower of Terror -Disneys Hollywood Studios3. Superman de Acero - Parque Warner Madrid4. Katun - Miribilandia5. Nemesis - Alton Towers6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa Park7. Black Mamba - Phantasialand8. Manta - Sea World Orlando9. Space Mountain - WDW Magic Kingdom10. Euro-Mir - Europa ParkAs I probably won't be riding anything more thats new or comparable to those top ten a bit of analysis for fact fans. :rolleyes: Disney have three attractions enter my top ten, whilst Swiss company B&M see two of their rollercoasters join up with Nemesis, Black Mamba and Superman de Acero to create B&M rollercoaster dominance. Mack, despite being my 2nd favourite rollercoaster company only have two entries. And with Intamin's only bright spark being I-Speed, it had no chance against the quality of the Beemers, especially with Oblivion bubbling just under the top ten.

Its really hard to choose the positions on my Top 10 because they're all so different for different reasons:1 - Furius Baco - Port Aventura2 - The Scorcher - Six Flags Over Georgia3 - Oblivion - Alton Towers4 - Goliath - Six Flags Over Georgia5 - Tonnerre De Zeus - Parc Asertix6 - Stampida - Port Aventura7 - Poseidon - Europa Park8 - Trace Du Hourra - Parc Asterix9 - Nemesis - Alton Towers10 - Colossus - Thorpe Park

Again, it's really hard to place them and I'm sure they switch about too!

Kumba, Busch. For all it's shear force and bite..

Blue Fire, Europa. For it comfortable ride and crazy last inversion

Nemesis, AT. Just gets more forceful every time I ride it

Raptor, Gardaland. For all its sexiness and comfort

Forbidden Journey, IOAA. shear engineering show wonder (despite all it's flaws)

Revenge of the Mummy, UO. Crazy airtime, theme, and wow factor

Oblivion, AT. Original and best, the tunnel adding the exciting bite

iSpeed, Mirabillandia. Everything that Stealth is not

Adventures of Spider-Man, IOA. Story, effects and engineering marvel

Superman, WB Madrid. My last ride and memory, was just immense..

1) Gwazi (Lion) - Busch Gardens2) Nemesis - Alton Towers3) Expedition Everest - Animal Kingdom4) Kraken - Seaworld5) Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - Islands Of Adventure6) Tower Of Terror - Hollywood Studios7) Oblivion - Alton Towers8) Space Mountain - Magic Kingdom9) Air - Alton Towers10) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Magic Kingdom

• 4 weeks later...

Since no new coasters are on the horizon, time for the end of 2011 season results.

1 - Nemesis (Alton Towers)

2 - Katun (Mirabilandia)

3 - Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Studios Florida)

4 - The Beast (Kings Island)

5 - Tonnere de Zeus (Parc Asterix)

6 - Top Thrill Dragster (Cedar Point)

7 - Fluch von Novgorod (Hansa Park)

8 - Megaphobia (Oakwood)

9 - Duelling Dragons : Ice (Islands of Adventure)

10 - Kumba (Busch Gardens Africa)

As a quick break-down, two new entrants, one from each trip abroad hop in, with Fluch initially at number 6 (as mentioned before) due to the excellent story, theme and layout. Katun on the other hand just came in and promptly stood up to Nemesis bold as brass and went, "HELLO, I'M AS GOOD AS YOU ARE", and effectively went into joint first. However, for the purposes of the list, it's second, as Nemesis nicks it for the landscaping factor.

And what about the manufacturer breakdown? Well.4 - B&Ms (including 3 Inverted)3 - CCI Wooden coasters1 - Premier1 - Gerstlauer1 - IntaminAnd two new ones missed out this year, both from Italy, Gardaland's Raptor, and Mirabilandia's iSpeed, which were both excellent coasters, but Raptor just didn't have that extra edge in what is a very difficult area, and iSpeed's restraints prevented it from being the 10 it's layout deserved.So in that list, only 3 coasters remain that don't have the 'perfect' Benin marks... Needless to say, it's getting harder and harder to do a top 10. But that's all part of the fun for me.

I still haven't done mine yet? Ok...10) 0ver the hill - Adventure Island (hehe.)9) Detonator - Thorpe.8) Loggers Leap - Thorpe Park.7) Rage - Adventure Island.6) Colossus - Thorpe.5) Nemesis Inferno - Thorpe.4) Space Mountain - Disney Land Paris :o 3) Rock N Rollercoaster - Disney Land Paris.2)Tidal Wave - Thorpe.1) Nemesis - Alton Towers.PS. When I finally get to america, I think pretty much everything will be wiped off this list :D

Updated from September

1. Expedition Everest - Disneys Animal Kingdom

2. Hollywood Tower of Terror -Disneys Hollywood Studios

3. Superman de Acero - Parque Warner Madrid

4. Samurai - Chessington

5=. Katun - Miribilandia and Nemesis - Alton Towers

7. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa Park

8. Black Mamba - Phantasialand

9. Manta - Sea World Orlando

10. Oblivion - Alton Towers

Been having a trip down memory lane and just remembered the effect Samurai had on me when first seeing it, riding it and saying goodbye to it at Chessington. So it jumps straight to number 4 on my list.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated from... whenever I posted in this thread. 1 Oblivion - No other coaster has ever made me unable to breathe <3 2 Detonator - Even though I rarely get to ride it anymore, everybody I go to Thorpe with is too scared. The only ride where I still think "Why did I want to do this?" at the top. 3 Nemesis - I loved the tingly feeling I got in my legs before the Zero-G and the second corkscrew is just, perfect. 4 Grand National - It's a lot of fun, plus my friends bag hit her in the face, which made me laugh. 5 Nemesis: Inferno - Like Nemesis it just does something to me, By the time it hits the brake-run I always feel really dizzy (Good dizzy) 6 Stealth - The launch still surprises me, and I've been on it so many times. 7 Rush - I just love how free you feel, and the airtime. 8 Air - I'm not sure why they're called flying coasters, It felt like more of a certain dog like position to me. Fun ride though, and so comfortable! 9 Vampire - Just because It's Vampire really ;) 10 I decided to give the number 10 place to Florida's coasters, as I went there in 2008 and can't really remember what made them special... but I know they deserve a pace on my list. As you can see, I don't get to go abroad to visit other Theme Parks a lot. As much as I'd love to and hopefully will in the future... when I win the lottery ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I guess now would be a good time to finally try and do a proper one of these! This season I've only hit 5 new coasters, but I suppose there are plenty to be getting on with -_- This list is a pure coaster top 10, it should be noted. Top 10 rides is just too impossible.1) Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa2) Manta - SeaWorld Orlando3) Nemesis - Alton Towers4) Air - Alton Towers5) Cheetah Hunt - Busch Gardens Tampa6) Duelling Dragons (Fire) - Universal's Islands of Adventure7) Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa8) Incredible Hulk Coaster - Universal's Islands of Adventure9) Revenge Of The Mummy - Universal Studios Florida10) Expedition Everest - Disney's Animal KingdomSo the manufacturers go, somewhat one-sidedly: B&M x7; Intamin x1; Premier x1; Vekoma x1. Tough choice putting CH up at 5 over all three of the 6, 7 and 8 spot coasters, but having only had one experience of it the choice is slightly based on memory with a pinch of 'positive marking'. It is also perhaps worth noting that Sheikra left me pretty nonplussed, which was a shame.

Decided to create one of these as well, what with getting a fair few new rides done with my AT visit this year.

1) Nemesis, Alton Towers. Amazing ride, theme, theming, audio and atmosphere. Strong top spot.

2) Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park. B&M Inverts seem to be something I like. Great ride experience and audio; hard to beat really.

3) Hex, Alton Towers. A new entry for this year. One of the strangest experiences on a theme park attraction; brilliant atmosphere, story, concept and theming. Mind = blown.

4) Th13teen, Alton Towers. Another new entry this year. Great fun, with a nice ambience created around the area. If it hadn't been for that trim on the first drop, it could have even have made third..

5) Rush, Thorpe Park. Simple concept, no real theming, yet the ride experience, audio and generally just the ride itself makes it the best flat ride I've been on to date.

6) The Antelope, Gulliver's World Warrington. Getting harder to put rides in positions now. I dunno what it was about this one, but I remember riding it and just absolutely loving it - shame it's the only woodie I've been on!

7) Rattlesnake, Chessington WOA. Love the ride, love the theme, theming and audio and it's just great fun. Should probably be sixth, but I guess the amount of times I've ridden this and Antelope are affecting the decision.

8) Detonator, Thorpe Park. Granted, it's the only drop tower I've been on, but it sets the standard high. Going on what others have said, I imagine that it's hard to beat as far as drop towers go.

9) Loggers Leap, Thorpe Park. Great log flume, can't really be faulted apart from the fact that it's a little bit on the short side.

10) Saw - The Ride, Thorpe Park. Seem to have differing views to most members of this forum, but I just find it 'intense', not 'rough'. Layout is great, theming is okay, audio is the biggest problem I have. I always do one of these as well...*Honorary mention: CCR, Thorpe Park (as always :)). Loved the attraction, still gutted to see it go.*

• 4 months later...

Right. New year, new list. Again, this is purely coasters:

1) Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa

2) Manta - SeaWorld Orlando

3) Nemesis - Alton Towers

4) Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa

5) Cheetah Hunt - Busch Gardens Tampa

6) The Swarm - Thorpe Park

7) Duelling Dragons (Fire) - Universal's Islands of Adventure

8) Air - Alton Towers

9) Revenge of the Mummy - Universal Studios Florida

10) Expedition Everest - Disney's Animal Kingdom

B&M x7, Intamin x1, Premier x1 & Vekoma x1

Guessing some of that will be a bit controversial to some people, but I stick by it! Montu is just amazing, is really intense and fast, and has pretty good theming so it retains the top spot. Manta and Nemesis stay in their positions making up the rest of the top 3. The meteoric rise of Kumba is really due to a number of factors, including the downgrade of DD because of lack of duelling and my own failure to remember how good it was until thinking about it again recently. Cheetah Hunt also moves up and scrapes into the top 5. The Swarm is the only new entry, and comes in at 6 simply because I prefer it in a one-on-one to any of 7-10. It's more intense than I expected and the overall experience is very good. DD remains but is downgraded to 7; as someone on another forum put it, "Duelling Dragons - Dragons - Duelling = ?". Air slips down the ranks into a fairer position, but I still love it :wub: ROTM and EE stay at the rear of the pack, both are excellent rides and I'm fully expecting stick for their lowly positions but it's personal choice I guess! Something had to suffer for Swarm's success, and The Incredible Hulk has taken the hit, falling off the bottom. So there we have it, top 10 as at 13 March 2012. Don't think I'll be hitting anything new this year other than having done Swarm so should stay like this for a while.