Top 10's

Mark9

39 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

Whether it will remain in my Tops list after Shambhala is currently not yet known.

I can say this because my opinion on Shambhala is actually a secure one...

Shambhala will rival Helix, in your top 10 I guarantee it will either be 1st or 2nd.

Pretty much everyone including me on this forum who has ridden it has it as their number 1 coaster (apart from about 3 or 4 people), and that's saying something :o

It's a good ride, no doubt about that. Just a shame it's in PA.

I prefer nitro over shambhala ride wise but my opinion on shambhala is very biased because of the appalling staff running it.

Anyway updated Top 10

1. Millennium Force

2. TTD

3. Nitro

4. Bizzaro (SFGA)

5. Shambhala

6. Maverick

7. El Torro

8. Mean Streak

9. Kingda Ka

10. Stealth

22 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

Silver Star is a very hit and miss coaster indeed. My first ride was great, my second was amazing and my final ride being rather inadequate in comparison, which is surprising because it was towards thr back in the rain.

Silver Star ranks my tops purely as one of just two hyper coasters  I have done (The Big One being the other). Whether it will remain in my Tops list after Shambhala is currently not yet known.

Regardless, the attraction has many plus points, from its impressive height, racing hall queue exhibits (which change seasonally) and it's one of the highest throughout coasters in Europe (around 1700 PPH). It would never get a two hour queue if all line extensions were open.

In terms of queue line with 3 trains and all extentions open and backed up to the entrance of euro sat 45 minutes ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my new updated top ten coasters. These rankings are based on enjoyment, overall experience and rerideability - not how thrilling they are.

1. Arthur the Ride.

(Yep, a family coaster is my favourite roller coaster. But why not? It's the most immersive attraction I've ever done and is so rerideable. The coaster itself is smooth and has some very fun moments of acceleration. This is, in my opinion, my favourite all round coaster.)

2. Silver Star

(Now, don't hate on me, but I loved this ride. All 4 of my experiences were excellent. You cover so much distance in such a short time and the floater on the way back is amazing. Notably, the huge pop of airtime after exiting the MCBR. No, it's not very well themed and as an experience, it's poor. But it's bloody fun.)

3. Nemesis

(It's a classic, that only seems to be getting better. The speed is exaggerated through the phenomenal use of terrain and boy is it intense.)

4. Blue fire

(My first experience of a Mack Mega was incredible. It's as smooth as it gets and the highlight has to be that final insane inversion which wanted to throw me out of my seat. The weak launch is the only thing stopping this from being higher up my list.)

5. The Swarm

(It's pretty forceless but The Swarm will always hold a special place in my heart. The dive drop is still one of my favourite sensations on a roller coaster.)

6. Olympia/Munich Looping

(I only managed to ride this twice when I went to winter wonderland last year, but this Schwarzkopf classic really packed a punch.)

7. Wodan Timbur Coaster

(Perhaps the only disappointment of my trip to EP, Wodan was still a great ride which felt really wild. It just wasn't as good as I was expecting)

8. Nemesis Inferno

(Nemesis's younger brother isn't as good as the original, but it too is themed nicely and is very unique for a B&M invert. A fun ride.

9. Colossus 

(I've never found this ride unbearably rough (unlike Saw ?). I still find the layout very enjoyable and those heartline rolls make for a great finale to the ride.)

10. EuroMir

(I loved this ride. The lifthill of forever is great fun and circling at the top of the towers really creates  a great sense of anticipation. After this, the ride goes insane. It's by far the most intense coaster I've ever been on - I could hardly raise my hands. A great unique experience!)

I was bored, so I decided to rank all of the B&Ms I've ridden.

Some of these opinions may be controversial...

1. Shambhala

2. Nitro

3. Manta

4. Mako

5. Sheikra

6. Montu

7. OzIris

8. Kraken

9. Nemesis

10. Bizarro 

11. Dragon Khan

12. The Swarm

13. Chinese Fireball

14. Oblivion

15. Galactica

16. Nemesis Inferno

17. Green Lantern

18. Kumba

19. Hungarian Horntail 

- Silver Star (not on the list for reasons I explained in my last top 15)

Haven't updated this since 2015 so I thought I would update it as there are a few changes!

I really want to create a Top 20, as there's some rides in Tivoli Gardens, Blackpool pleasure Beach etc. which I think deserve credit however don't make it into my top 10.

Parks on my bucket list include a return visit to Phantasialand, Liseberg, Hansa Park, Holiday Park, Efteling, Energylandia and Legendia and also Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. I really hope to get out to these at some point in the next few years and obviously that will shift my top 10/top 20 a lot when I hopefully get to ride a lot of new creds!

10. Olympia Looping.

9. Furius Baco.

8. The Swarm.

7. Silver Star.

6. Arthur.

5. Black Mamba.

4. Blue Fire.

3. Wodan.

2. Taron.

1. Shambhala!

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd do a top ten for Europa,

as lets face it, Europa Park is bae :wub:

10: Alpen Express

Even though being a pretty boring looking powered coaster tucked in towards the back of the park- Alpen Express is actually really fun!

The cave section in particular is beautiful, and the coaster is surprisingly forceful at points too!

9: Matterhorn Blitz

Okay, its a Wild Mouse, but its perhaps one of the best Wild Mice out there.

The Elevator lift section is pure fun, the first drop is surprisingly fun, and like most of Europa's offering, its also well themed!

8: Swiss Bob Run (whatever's it called)

Basically Avalanche but not as fun.

But I gotta admit the steep-ish drop is fun, and its really well themed.

7: Poseidon

Poseidon and SuperSplash kinda fought for this position, but this easily goes to Poseidon.

Poseidon's first half is a little rough, but the second half is pure fun, and the theming is perhaps the best in the park. Like damn, the station for this thing is.. :wub:

6: Eurosat

Eurosat is really just pure chaos.

With its very unusual layout with constant sharp turns and helixes- Eurosat is kinda insane in pitch black.

The ride also seems to last forever too, and I gotta admit, towards the end its kinda insane.

5: Euromir

Being perhaps the weirdest ride at the park, Euromir is just odd..

The tediously long spiral rave lift hill, the weird turns around the glass towers, and the actually really intense finale make Euro-Mir kind of a experience.

The ride might start of like a snail, but Euro-Mir actually made me grey out a few times, so don't underestimate it..

4: Silver Star

Silver Star is pretty much just as I remembered.

The ride is okay, it has a few alright air-time moments, and a few fun moments, and a fu**ing ridiculously high throughput.

But the ride overall is kinda underwhelming.

And unlike other Europa Park rides, Silver Star kinda lacks theming.. Being plonked over a car park.

3: Arthur

Arthur is perhaps one of my favourite, if not my favourite dark ride.

The ride is just so perfect..

The atmosphere, the length, and the really fun coaster sections make Arthur just a brilliant experience.

I always come off Arthur with a big smile on my face.

2: Wodan

Wodan just always seems to be crazy every time I ride it.

The ride just seems to build up speed, and it doesn't slow down at all, its insane!

The crazy turns, the pops of airtime, and the fairly smooth ride experience makes Wodan just really really fun to ride.

1: Blue Fire

Blue Fire.. Omg, where do I start?

Good theming? We got it

Airtime moments? We got it

brilliant inversions? We got it

Comfy and loose restraints? We got it

And that Heartline Roll towards the end is perhaps my favourite inversion on a coaster to date.

Just.. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm half way through my trip and I thought I'd post my current top 10!

1. Diamondback - First B&M hyper, and wow, I adore this thing, I've been at kings island for about 3 days and have rode it over 15 times now ( thank you season pass ERT!) Back row is my favourite, you pretty much float around the layout, the splashdown is nice, it's super smooth minus one little part, just before the trim the train viabrates a fair amount but nothing negative honestly,

2. New Texas Giant - Just pure fun, nothing more to be said

3. Wild Eagle - Out of The Swarm and Wild Eagle I much prefer Wild Eagle, The back row on Eagle is quite an intense drop, it really throws you over, it's kinda forceful in the back, but overall it's so smooth and just glides, road it about 10 times at my 2 days of Dollywood

4. Banshee Back row! It's not as intense as other inverts, but it's smooth, and I love the layout, only downside is Vest restraints, much prefer the older OTSR's

5. Mystic Timbers - My first ride on this was in the pitch black, front row, at around 11:45pm so. The entire park was closed which made the ride even more special because it was so quiet and the only sound was the train flying through the course, it was a season pass ERT event on Tuesday and I was one of the last in line (50 minute line :/ ), but this thing just flys! it doesn't slow down at all, it's so smooth, has some awesome airtime too! 

6. The Beast

7. Mystery Mine

8. Tennessee Tornado

9. Mr Freeze: Reverse Blast

10. Batman: The Ride (SFOT - Intense!)

• 1 month later...

Long time reader of TPM forums, better time than any to join I reckon. What better way to start than to divide opinions and possibly trigger some people with my current top 10 list, enjoy!

1) Helix - In my opinion roller coaster perfection, the pacing, the setting, the length, the incredible air time moments, the bursts of intense positive g and the trains, oh god the trains. Came off of it first time and said aloud, "I'm not sure how this coaster could be bested", and it hasn't. Love it.

2) T Express - From the first drop that screams "I'm going to kill you", the many sustained moments of ejector airtime, the out of control fast pace, the beautiful setting and the fact it's the only roller coaster I've cried happy tears on, I can't help but love this beast. It's almost offensive it lives on the other side of the World.

3) Karnan - Newest coaster to grace my top 10. This roller coaster and the experience attached to it, cannot be done justice but me simply telling you what I like about it. One of the weirdest and most over the top coaster I've ridden.

4) Taron - If it wasn't for the trims nearing the end of it and a couple of parts that fell flat for me, this incredible coaster would have probably been fighting Helix for first place. The second launch on this thing is something every so called roller coaster enthusiast needs in their life, I know I do.

5) Piraten -  I rode this coaster, until my body couldn't take it any more. The layout is perfection. A coaster that attempts to both murder you and steal the t shirt off your back is a coaster this guy loves. The sideways air time hills are so messed up and typing this is making me want another go. Expedition GeForce, bow down.

6) Wildfire - Probably going to be banned in my first post for saying this, but having ridden Wildifre, I'm not sure RMCs quite live up to the hype, sorry. While I really enjoyed Wildfire, expectations had me expecting something life changing, which it was not. Roll on Lightning Rod I say.

7) Expedition GeForce - Very over hyped, but still damn good fun. Moments of this coaster are extremely good, but too much darting around doing not much for my liking, Oh and the trims, WHY?!

8) Balder - T Express' little brother and a very fun little ride in it's own right. To it's credit though, it's goes even harder than Piraten in it's quest to remove clothes.

9) Flying Dinosaur - After years of Air trying to convince me B&M flyers are boring, sluggish and pointless. Japan graced me with this gem. Fast, very intense, fantastic.

10) Nemesis - Please don't ban me, I can't believe it either. Nemesis is wonderful, however the more new coasters I hit, the move it seems to slip on my twice annual Nemesis pilgrimage. 

• 3 weeks later...

All my updated lists:

Top 10 Theme Parks:

1. Six Flags Great Adventure
  2. PortAventura
  3. Europa Park
  4. Busch Gardens Tampa
  5. Phantasialand
  6. SeaWorld Orlando
  7. Disneyland Paris - Disneyland Park
  8. Alton Towers
  9. Parc Asterix
  10. Disney's Hollywood Studios

Top 15 Roller Coasters:

1. Shambhala
  2. Kingda Ka
  3. El Toro
  4. Nitro
  5. Manta
  6. Mako
  7. Cheetah Hunt
  8. Taron
  9. Sheikra
  10. Space Mountain: Mission 2
  11. Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
  12. Montu
  13. OzIris
  14. Stealth
  15. Kraken

Top 20 B&Ms:

1. Shambhala
  2. Nitro
  3. Manta
  4. Mako
  5. Sheikra
  6. Montu
  7. OzIris
  8. Kraken
  9. Nemesis
  10. Bizarro
  11. Black Mamba
  12. Dragon Khan
  13. The Swarm
  14. Chinese Fireball
  15. Oblivion
  16. Galactica 
  17. Nemesis Inferno
  18. Green Lantern
  19. Kumba
  20. Hungarian Horntail 

Edited by 'Airtime Falcon'
One of the titles was 'Top 10 B&Ms', despite the fact there were 20 on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Top ten B&M Inverters.

1. Katun

2. Nemesis

3. Oz'Iris

4. Black Mamba

5. Monster

6. Nemesis Inferno

7. Montu

8. Silver Bullet

9. Hungarian Hungtail

10. Chinese Fireball

The ones who didn't make it:- Batman: La Fuga and Batman the ride at Magic Mountain

Since I've been travelling a fair bit this year so far, this is the updated list, which excludes Red Force at PortAventura which could make the list later next month:

Top Mixed Manufacture Coasters:

1) Helix. Everything about this ride is perfection from the speed, presentation, seat comfort, music, smoothness, intensity and track layout, and the airtime it offers is immense.

2) Shambhala. Still one of the most exhilarating coasters out there with a huge sense of adrenaline down every drop, and the minimalistic restraints are what sells this ride.

3) Taron. Best themed coaster out there today and an excellent second launch, though the trim breaks near the end do kill the pace a little.

4) Nemesis. Still a firm favorite and always will be. No more.

5) Balder. For a wooden coaster, this is surprisingly smooth and has some very fast and steep drops which all offer great airtime.

6) Black Mamba. Very closely behind Nemesis, but the layout towards the end does seem a little standard and nothing that exciting.

7) Sheikra. Only done once over 10 years ago and still remember it being brilliant.

8) Lisebergbanan. This might be a family coaster, but it sure packs one hell of a punch and is surprisingly fast too.

9) Stealth. Short, fast, powerful and simple. Easy...... and only one of them.

10) Megafobia. Almost like a smaller brother to Balder; still smooth, fast and lots of airtime.

Top Flat Rides:

1) Loke.

2) Talocan.

3) Detonator.

4) Mechanica.

5) Uppswinget.

6) Rush.

7) Slammer.

8) Hurakan Condor.

9) AtmosFear.

10) AeroSpin.

Edited by Martin.C
Two Stealth's are better than one, but there's no such thing... yet! Thanks for pointing that typo out Ryan. Now, where's my coffee to pay more attention next time?

59 minutes ago, Martin.C said:

1) Helix. Everything about this ride is perfection from the speed, presentation, seat comfort, music, smoothness, intensity and track layout, and the airtime it offers is immense.

2) Shambhala. Still one of the most exhilarating coasters out there with a huge sense of adrenaline down every drop, and the minimalistic restraints are what sells this ride.

3) Taron. Best themed coaster out there today and an excellent second launch, though the trim breaks near the end do kill the pace a little.

4) Nemesis. Still a firm favorite and always will be. No more.

5) Balder. For a wooden coaster, this is surprisingly smooth and has some very fast and steep drops which all offer great airtime.

6) Black Mamba. Very closely behind Nemesis, but the layout towards the end does seem a little standard and nothing that exciting.

7) Stealth. Short, fast, powerful and simple. Easy.

8) Lisebergbanan. This might be a family coaster, but it sure packs one hell of a punch and is surprisingly fast too.

9) Stealth. Short, fast, powerful and simple. Easy.

10) Megafobia. Almost like a smaller brother to Balder; still smooth, fast and lots of airtime.

Stealth, so good it makes the list twice :P 

6 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Top ten B&M Inverters.

1. Katun

2. Nemesis

3. Oz'Iris

4. Black Mamba

5. Monster

6. Nemesis Inferno

7. Montu

8. Silver Bullet

9. Hungarian Hungtail

10. Chinese Fireball

The ones who didn't make it:- Batman: La Fuga and Batman the ride at Magic Mountain

Is that a clone reasoning to spite the Batman's or did you dislike them that much? I ask because I found Batman La Fuga to be rather good fun and I've heard nothing but negatives about the ex Duelling Dragons.

25 minutes ago, Mega-Lite said:

Is that a clone reasoning to spite the Batman's or did you dislike them that much? I ask because I found Batman La Fuga to be rather good fun and I've heard nothing but negatives about the ex Duelling Dragons.

It's not a clone reasoning, I find La Fuga a bit 'safe' whilst riding (I.e., a bit boring) and I did the Batman at Magic Mountain during its backwards phase and the thrill of the ride is completely lost. The dragons aren't great either but I like the gimmick behind them even if I find the rides a tad mundane.

Since I made my last top 10 I visted both cedar point and holiday world, so now heres my new top 10

1. Maverick 

2. Diamondback

3. Top Thrill Dragster

4. Millennium Force

5. New Texas Giant

6. Mystic Timbers

7. Raptor

8. Mystery Mine

9. Mr Freeze Reverse Blast

10. Tennesee Tornado 

Honourable Mentions:

The Voyage - Would have made top 10, but was just too rough.. ended up with a pounding headache both times

Thunderbird, Lovely launched wing, very bumpy in the outside seats though

Batman: The Ride - SFOT - Was simply intense

Sadly... Lightning rod was closed for an extensive period when I visted Dollywood, however the park is still simply amazing, even without LR, good thing with it, is that it's at the front of the park away from everything else, I pretty much forgot it existed! 

I feel as if I'm the only person on these forums to have ever been to canadas wonderland, so here's how I rank the parks two beasts among other well known classics:

1.leviathan

2.fury 325

3.behemoth

4.sheikra

5.shambhala

6.mako

7.intimidator

8.kumba

9.stealth

10.montu

Sorry for the double post but I thought it would be a cool idea to share our top 10 scare mazes/attractions on here, so here's mine:

10 - my bloody valentine (2013)

9 - saw alive (Thorpe 2013-2016)

8 - Woodstock shock and roll (tulleys 2012 I think)

7 - cabin in the woods (Thorpe 2013-2014)

6 - big top (Thorpe 2016)

5 - the cellar (tulleys 2011)

4 - studio 13 (Thorpe 2014)

3 - carnival of screams (towers 2011)

2 - Chop shop (tulleys 2015)

1 - the asylum (Thorpe 2013)

Top twenty (I'm for the overkill here)

1. Katun

2. Nemesis

3. Superman de Acero

4. Blue Fire 

5. Tatsu