New for 2016 - Park-Wide Improvements

Surely the budget can't be that big though?  The rumoured Zamperla WaterMania thing surely can't have been that expensive, so the money that would have gone on that isn't going to stretch far.

Great to see improvements to rides if it happens, but as always with Chessington, it's only a case of believe it when I see it now. 

I've no reason to believe the Zamperla thing was anything more than a myth. A small budget can go a long way, from the figure I've heard quoted it's big enough.

But that doesn't matter, what matters is the improvements made and it may even surprise your pants off. Also it's actually nearly been completed already as far as I understand it.

They were given the budget and things, but they rather stupidly decided to advertise the new ride before they'd even done any ground tests (or even decided on what they were getting). I'm also under the impression that they weren't 100% sure of where the ride was going either. 

They're hideously unorganized at the moment, and this is a prime example of it.

Maybe as early as 2006 maybe.

2016 will be an interesting year in the way to see what's open and what's been changed/changing on rides both open and closed.

I reckon Tomb may not be coming back and will be used for the 2017 attraction depending how well WC16 goes. After all, 2017 is the next scheduled big investment for the park.

From what I've seen on their twitter they seem to just seem to be denying that there was any new ride and that the new 'attraction' was their glamping experience.

I don't really get why Chessington have been focused on hotels and stuff lately, I've always enjoyed the park on my visits but there's not really enough there to justify staying the night.

• pluk unpinned this topic