New for 2016 - Park-Wide Improvements

Just read on Chessington Buzz, Chessie have begun a teaser campaign for their new 2016 ride. All we know so far is that it will be in the Mystic East, as on the map it reads 'New ride for 2016' next to Peeking Heights. So this could mean Heights is being removed? Also on the map it says about the glamping we already know about and a new High Ropes course! I didn't expect this! Excited to find out what the ride is!

Edited by JoshC.
Merged with existing thread :)

OCTONAUTS INFERNO

Yeah that might work,

Also having read the article, I can confirm that the (perhaps dreaded) Treetop quest thing is happening now (for 2016) and will be near the Explorer hotel area apparently, where it's actually I don't know.

There is barely enough space to put a decent sized flat ride, let alone a Wacky Worm or anything bigger...

I meant Toadies site in addition to where peeking & the game things are located

Given there's no plans online yet and Chessington has pretty difficult planning constraints, it surely can't be anything remotely big if they're confident enough to be advertising it already?

My bets is on a small ride replacing the Lorikeet Lagoon area, which has been closed and empty all season.

As I do not know, how long does it take for planning permission to be submitted and accepted by the council before construction can begin? If we're talking a fair amount of time, could we potentially be seeing a magical month of May opening?

If the attraction is indeed located next to PH, this will result in the smaller trampolines, bungee trampolines and the rock climbing wall being taken down. The hot dog stand potentially will be removed as well. This doesn't leave an awful lot of room for an attraction, so unless chessington truly surprise us, I am expecting a small children or family flat ride. A small scale ride is likely due to chessington wasting even more money on accommodation by setting up glamping and high ropes whilst abandoning their park. A large scale ride has been overdue since we go back to Dragons Fury.

---

The idea of Samurai isn't a bad one either, I know the reliability would be as useless at chessington as it is at thorpe but the cycles it currently operates on are much more suited for the target market at chessington opposed to thorpe(they could even turn it down another notch if needs be). However, this is the most unlikely thing to happen and in all honesty samurai just needs scrapping altogether.

As I do not know, how long does it take for planning permission to be submitted and accepted by the council before construction can begin? If we're talking a fair amount of time, could we potentially be seeing a magical month of May opening?

If the attraction is indeed located next to PH, this will result in the smaller trampolines, bungee trampolines and the rock climbing wall being taken down. The hot dog stand potentially will be removed as well. This doesn't leave an awful lot of room for an attraction, so unless chessington truly surprise us, I am expecting a small children or family flat ride. A small scale ride is likely due to chessington wasting even more money on accommodation by setting up glamping and high ropes whilst abandoning their park. A large scale ride has been overdue since we go back to Dragons Fury.

Planning doesn't have to take long. If they get it in around now time (could be sitting with the council and just not registered into the system/computer yet) it'd be approved most likely before closed season and expecting it to be a fairly small, simple ride it could easily be done for March. 

It's not an awful size site, if you utilise the space of the path behind Toadies a bit too. Could easily fit in a medium scale flat ride. I feel like it won't be too kiddy or un-noteworthy if they're already advertising something new. The budget has nothing to do with them spending all their money on hotels etc, that's a separate budget assuming all the Merlin parks work the same way.

Samurai, even if it's tamed down, would still have a 1.4 height restriction making it utterly pointless. Air Race please :)

In terms of the 2016 being a complete new ride & being supposedly where the Mystic East games are, I made a general site outline in where the ride would go.

11879133_1182212471796015_73237058900355

Whilst it looks a bit larger than expected, there still isn't a lot of room there even though the footprint is similar to Peeking Heights, so I'm not to sure what they could actually put there, it's probably too small for an air race or a coaster (even octonauts size).

Unless peeking's going, the only rides I can picture here are a ride like sky force or samurai dare I say it!

I also highlighted toadies site which is quite a bit bigger than you think (almost the size of Fury's footprint).

11888607_1182212455129350_16810324791499

If you were to rip peeking out and the games too, that would be the site for one hell of a coaster.

• pluk unpinned this topic