Dismaland - Weston-Super-Mare

stretchy

I get the idea but it looks like it'll be executed poorly (but not in an artsy way). Banksy is overrated in my opinion anyway :L

agreed. as cool as his art is his political views and opinions that he promotes through his art is really basic and angsty, without actually helping to change anything or spread awareness about all the social issues his art is so "against". just my opinion, however

Once I know a bit more about it, I may have to pop down if I get any free time ( I only live half hour away ), I wonder how long it's intended to be open for? It's definitely not permanent as the local old residents don't want anything changed, hence why the tropicana has been closed ever since and nothing done to it whatsoever; well in general why Weston super mare is so stale... But they did get a permanent pirate adventure golf and high ropes course which I'm very surprised about, still have yet to try that though!

Edit: found this with lots of useful info. http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/news/banksy_to_unveil_tropicana_show_and_mercury_readers_will_see_it_first_1_4200875

http://www.dismaland.co.uk/sessions/

we have an official website... so looks like tickets can only be booked 10 days in advance, and ticket sales will start tomorrow, opening for saturday as tomorrow is for locals only. Looks like there will be queuing entry as well as booking online, but obviously the latter guarantees entry for the full time slot.

• 2 weeks later...

Myself and my parents attempted to go to this today (without online tickets). Absolutely packed, they had this massive cattlepen queue covering the greenery in front of the building and that was so busy they had to extend it. We obviously didn't get in, as the people who didn't manage to get tickets for the 11am showing decided they'd queue ready for the 3pm one in the boiling heat.

Did manage to have a peek over the wall though, they play creepy music and have a child doing announcements every now and then. The Ferris wheel they have goes backwards and forwards very fast and the people in pink coats with the ears are as equally depressing as the whole place is. There's also this black bird thing that looks like it's from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared walking around the top of the perimeter staring at children. I think next time tickets get released I'll have to get them ASAP...

Miles away from me, looks very cool and interesting. Friends/Family made the trip up last week said it was great but think there's a possibility they'll tour it, even if one or two pieces are missing. Indicated most of the pieces look fairly easy to lift and move around. Seems to popular to just throw away and not let as many people see as they wish really but who knows. 

Would be a shame as it's in the middle of absolutely nowhere for myself and a lot of others.