The Dome

JoshC.

• 8 months later...

I've always wondered if they could fit a dark ride in the lower level of the Dome? Something similar to Atlantis and Europa would work V well! 

Also the Dome/entrance brings to mind Hansa park, who over the last few years have swapped out there very 1970's entrance buildings/structure with themed buildings, which they've done in sections!  However I don't think Thorpe are so bothered about theming for theming sake..unlike Hansa and other German theme parks! 

16 hours ago, mrmonkey said:

I've always wondered if they could fit a dark ride in the lower level of the Dome? Something similar to Atlantis and Europa would work V well! 

Also the Dome/entrance brings to mind Hansa park, who over the last few years have swapped out there very 1970's entrance buildings/structure with themed buildings, which they've done in sections!  However I don't think Thorpe are so bothered about theming for theming sake..unlike Hansa and other German theme parks! 

Two reasons why this will never happen

1) The lower dome is home to Staff Areas, Back Offices etc

2) There simply isn't enough space for a ride anywhere there, but you would only know that if you have been down there. 

I thought that was still on the plans? Would make perfect sense for park guests and off season entertainment (Chessington not having a jungle/safari themed water park is another huge missed opportunity). I guess neither have a quick enough return to warrant their existence.

On 9 June 2016 at 8:50 AM, StevenVig said:

Two reasons why this will never happen

1) The lower dome is home to Staff Areas, Back Offices etc

2) There simply isn't enough space for a ride anywhere there, but you would only know that if you have been down there. 

True, but they could at some time swap out to new offices, and therefore use the whole of the lower level! However I agree I doubt it would happen.