Retheme Game

yeah

So I'm not sure if this counts as a game, but here is what you have to do:

Pick a ride from each UK Merlin park, and retheme it!

You must tell a name, and a back story.

You can keep the ride's original name if you want.

Here goes:
Thorpe Park: Rumba Rapids

New name: Rumba Rapids

I would retheme Rumba Rapids to fit in a bit more with Nemesis Inferno. Add lots more water effects, and more wave machines throughout the ride. As for the indoor bit, I'd slow it down in there, have orange lights shining on the waterfall, and on the right have a volcano, that also has orange lights on it, and sprays water and mist everywhere, so the orange lights would make it look like lava. Then make it so you go near the waterfall :/. After that, a wave machine speeds you up, before entering into more water effects, and eventually returning to the station. Also give the ride a general clean-up. As for the theme music, have the normal music be interrupted by rumbling near the end of the song (to simulate a volcano), followed by some high-tension music, before eventually a grander, more triumphant version of the normal tune.

Alton Towers: The Flume

New Name: Sharkbait Splashdown (I can't think of anything)

I would retheme The Flume to fit in with Mutiny Bay. Get rid of the bath tubs - replace them with boats similar to Pirate Falls. Change the ducks to treasure or something. That's it, really.

CWOA: Tomb Blaster

New Name: Vengeance: The Story of Rameses

So I've mentioned this in the past, but I think Tomb Blaster should reflect why Rameses wants Revenge. I don't know what I would change as I've no clue why Rameses wants revenge, maybe I'll get round to that another day?

LLW: Viking River Splash

New Name: Safari Rapids

So a lot of you may disagree with this one, but Viking is really starting to fall apart recently and it needs a refurb - why not retheme it? Have lots of LEGO animals - all of which spray water, and for the finale, have some monkeys tip the bucket over - and have it actually work this time.

Thorpe Park: Nemesis Inferno

New Name: Inferno

Nemesis tagline needs to be removed, because Inferno has nothing to do with its predecessor whatsoever...apart from it being an invert.

Thorpe Park: Storm In A Teacup

New Name/Theme: Bad Piggies: Mechanical Mayhem

Let's face it. Since ABL opened, Teacups has more or less become part of the area, thanks to the area soundtrack being the idle audio (during loading) and also the Piggy vinyls being the ride's backdrop. Retheme the Teacups to Bad Piggies by removing the roof, replacing the teapot centrepiece with a pile of wooden boxes/crates (similar to Marauders), perhaps with some TNT crates. Also replace the teacup gondolas with rickety barrel themed ones with a green snout print on the sides. Replace the mechanism to make them spin easier.

...and come on! The main theme will be perfect for when the ride's in motion!

Why does everyone here hate Chessington :lol:

For me personally, it's the fact that it's falling apart and losing its magic.

From key rides being closed for lengthy periods of time (Skyway, Tomb, etc), to rides' theming falling apart, to a lack of good investments, to there being basically a complete disregard to any visitor aged over 12.

Chessington can be a fantastic little park, but they're not doing a lot right lately.

It's not hate, but rather a frustration at the lack of TLC as Josh points out.

I know I bang on about it, but you'd think that as it's the one asset Merlin actually own (rather then just operate) they'd put the effort in to keep the place a top class facility, rather than letting it fall into ruin.

Perhaps that is the plan? Are a lot of the facilities listed there? It's a favourite route for companies nowadays who want to redevelop a site but can't due to listed buildings, they let them fall apart to the point where it's impractical to rebuild, thus by the back door gaining permission to knock the place down and start again. It happens all the time round here, we've got tons of listed buildings but they are slowly one by one being bulldozed after they fall down due to a lack of maintance. Either that or Merlin's maintance budget is allocated to all the other parks where they have to keep the site up to a standard specified in the lease and there's no budget left to maintain poor old Chessie.

Thorpe Park: Colossus

New name: Anadin the ride

I just thought the sponsor would really fit, and maybe some new trains.

The new trains will be designed to be even more painful!

Chessington: Tiny Truckers

New Name: : ROAD RAGE!

I feel like tiny truckers is a little to close and  a little to similar to toadies next door, So I thought of road rage.

They will be animatronics shouting profanity at you added, and maybe some annoying traffics lights that never change,

And loads of trucks added so it overflows!

Alton Towers: Air

New Name: Tropical Oasis

I would love to add loads of waterfalls and tropical plants around that area, and loads of new misses with them to.

It will also fit the theme of FV, and isn't air supposed to be like a oasis.

Legoland: The Dragon

New Name: The Dragon's revenge

I love The Dragon, but I feel like it would be way better if more of it was enclosed.

I would love it to have more special effects too, to make it more exciting.

• 3 months later...

Ride: Stealth

New Name: Stealth 2: EXT

This would be more of a refurb but I would extend the current layout so it contained a few inversions, banked curves, etc. as this would then make it the best ride in the park in my opinion. I would also add on board audio to make it sound more like your part of a race. I would also maybe make each train slightly different e.g. colour, the bonnet thingy (whatever it's called) so that it's like each train is a different race car.

I'd retheme Stealth to Stealth VR. Riders would wear VR headsets, and the video would be of an extension of Stealth (twice the track length) that you go through at twice the real speed.

Pretty sure it'd be the world's first Launched VR Coaster too, which is great.

I'm hurt you'd make one of the few rides I actually like virtually unrideable for me </3