Bolliger and Mabillard

yeah

Tall? Headchoppers? Pain? Altitude, you could have worded your post a little bit better, not because it's offensive or anything, but because it sounds like you hit your head on the headchoppers every ride.

it's the vests.... when you're tall and they go tight they literally dig in so much to your collar bone and tops of your shoulders which is very uncomfortable once the ride has hit the brake run and you've realised how tight it is!

I'm gonna hold my hands in the air and admit I am basic because - I love The Swarm :wub:   Like some others I have only ridden the 5 B&M coasters in the UK and I love them all (least fave is Nemesis Inferno because I can't breath on it!)  For many years now I've wanted to ride The Hulk and Manta - maybe one day.

Mark9 - I'm extremely jealous of your B&M ride count - my face was like this just reading it >>>>> :o :o :o

I think I'm basic too then, Swarm isn't in my top ten, but I think its a great ride, the second best at Thorpe certainly and definitely more enjoyable to ride then a lot of rides in Europe.

Bless ya though Han, my B&M list is relatively small compared to the hardcore enthusiasts out there that chase the creds. In the UK, we're very lucky to even have five B&M's, let alone the first inverter, flyer and dive machine in Europe. Whilst a lot of people don't like Oblivion and Air, I think they're great for what they are, particularly now as both ride types have taken off quite massively in the last five years, too think for a long time there was only one dive machine in Europe, and now there's four is a bit strange.

I know, but I was a little confused at first because I thought he meant he got hit by the billboard every ride :P

How were you confused? I clearly said in my post...

I think I would rate Swarm in my top 10 if it was slightly longer, and those god awful vests didn't have the locking pins on the shoulders. It's literally what destroys the ride for me, and because I'm tall, it's agonising. 

It's painful because of the vests, so no, I don't think I needed to word my post better!

Riddlers is legit good though.

I barely remember it tbh, which is usually a bad sign (arguably worse than remembering a ride for being dreadful)...

The one at Great America was really dreadful though, mainly cos the ride ops locked the seating way too early, but that's a flaw with the stand-up design really... And Mantis was quite bad as well (hence why they've converted it since)...

I'm currently listing my B&Ms and it's actually really difficult because the mid-card is still really strong... Is Medusa better than Kraken? Is Diamondback better than Silver Star? So many questions!

I find B&M standups a mixed bunch.  Vortex at Carowinds is pretty dreadful and Mantis was rather unpleasant too, but Georgia Scorcher is actually pretty good, and I was very impressed by Green Lantern (though I'm not sure how much that was due to me expecting it to be rubbish).

Part of the problem with them it that getting your seat adjusted correctly is difficult even if you've ridden a few and know where you want it.  I often find I've got it somewhere vaguely comfortable only for the op to unlock the row when I'm not paying attention and when it relocks I can only just reach the floor.

B&M rides

Nemesis: Gets boring.

Baron: 1898 Experience outstanding ride okay.

Nemesis Inferno: Fantastic Coaster still number 1.

Air: only flying Coaster I've ridden.

Black Mamba: Super Coaster forceful but last section of the ride is samey.

Oblivion: Does what it does fun coaster.

The Swarm: Very forceful on certain elements.

My B&M count that I can recall is 26:

Nemesis Inferno
The Swarm
Nemesis
Oblivion
Air
Silver Star
Dragon Khan
Batman The Ride (SF Over Georgia)
Georgia Scorcher
Goliath
Kraken
Manta
Dragon Challenge – Blue
Dragon Challenge – Red
Hulk
Batman – The Ride (SF Great Adventure)
Bizarro
Green Lantern
Nitro
Superman – Ultimate Flight
Apocalypse
Montu
Kumba
Sheikra
Leviathan
Behemoth

Best 3
Leviathan
– incredible first drop, insane airtime and the smoothest B&M I’ve ridden despite being the tallest and fastest
Kraken – such a solid and re-ridable ride with a reliable layout (AND I got lifthill evacuated which was my SeaWorld highlight)
Sheikra – somehow doesn’t quite pack the punch of Oblivion but tops it because of the rest of the layout

Worst 3
Manta
– The bottom of a pretzel loop is just awful, the few seconds you’re down there are just horrible. The water skim element is fun to ride and is a great visual. What was there before Manta, does anyone know?
Green Lantern – similar story to Manta, uncomfortable and feels like an endurance test so not enjoyable, Georgia Scorcher, a smaller stand-up is far superior
Superman – Ultimate Flight – similar story to Manta again, uncomfortable and feels like an endurance test so not enjoyable, Air, a smaller flyer is far superior

Well done to everyone for admitting they are basic have a round of applause from me. The reason I don't like The Swarm is because the restraints do like to dig into my collar bone and after riding baco and riding Swarm to death that the vibrations do put me off riding it. As well I think it's got abit to forceful for my liking when I rode it last year the force was manageable whereas now it just makes me grey out too much.

Well done to everyone for admitting they are basic have a round of applause from me. The reason I don't like The Swarm is because the restraints do like to dig into my collar bone and after riding baco and riding Swarm to death that the vibrations do put me off riding it. As well I think it's got abit to forceful for my liking when I rode it last year the force was manageable whereas now it just makes me grey out too much.

I have no problem with the force, you must just be basic. ;)