Bolliger and Mabillard

yeah

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to ride a hyper, but I simply haven't had the chance to do it. I don't go abroad much, so I need the UK to get one for me to ride.

Give it time, you're still young. PortAventura for example is really easy to get to from the UK and it's an affordable place to go. I don't think the UK could ever do a hyper coaster justice because you require height and length for a really good hyper. Our closest one is The Big One and thats a terrible example of a hyper.

I've been hankering for a new B&M to ride for a while, anyone up for a trip to France for Monster or Heide for Krake and that Demon thing?  ;)

I'm getting seriously annoyed now. There's so many coasters that I've practically studied and would love to ride, however, realistically I know that will never happen.

Fury 325, for example. I bought a poster of this B&M beauty, but I doubt I'll even get to The USA let alone get to Carowinds.

Ugggh, life's annoying.

I'm getting seriously annoyed now. There's so many coasters that I've practically studied and would love to ride, however, realistically I know that will never happen.

Fury 325, for example. I bought a poster of this B&M beauty, but I doubt I'll even get to The USA let alone get to Carowinds.

Ugggh, life's annoying.

I once thought those things. I remember one science lesson writing up a list of coasters around the world I want to ride and thinking I'd probably not be able to do many. I've now visited Europa Park, Disneyland, Port Aventura and have trip to Orlando booked for this Summer. Just got to be patient :)

I once thought those things. I remember one science lesson writing up a list of coasters around the world I want to ride and thinking I'd probably not be able to do many. I've now visited Europa Park, Disneyland, Port Aventura and have trip to Orlando booked for this Summer. Just got to be patient :)

I've made my theme park tour of the world. There's 63 parks...! My aim is to at least get to ten of those.

I have such big dreams for the future but they will be impossible if I don't get the experience needed to do what I love: theme park design.

I've never been on a mack, never a hyper (bar Stealth) and to be honest, bar Nemesis, I've never been on a renowned roller coaster.

:(

I thought Stealth didn't count as a hyper as its a launch.

Portaventure is easy and cheap to get to. Six Flags great adventure is easy to get to if you ever find yourself in new York.

If you work hard enough and generate the money then you can easily visit the great coasters.

There are 2 definitions oh hyper coasters. It either means the model of hyper coasters or just any coaster in height between 200-300 feet. This is similar with Gigas as there is a model B&M giga howeve giga also means any coaster within the height region of 300-40o feet.

I do not consider Stealth to be a hyper but I was just clarifying for those who view the terms hyper, giga and strata purely to do with height.

Prior to 2015, I had only been to two parks outside the UK and neither were big players in any way.

Last year was a turning point for me when I visited two big parks outside the UK, Disneyland Paris & Efteling. Both were amazing parks and better than anything the UK currently offers. This year I hope to continue that trend as I'll be doing my first ever trip to Europa Park trip in May, Liseberg in June and eventually Phantasialand at some point too hopefully.

For those of you wanting to do abroad parks but haven't done so, you need to explore the wonders of Europe. I was in your boat just over a year ago, pretty much envying anyone who visited parks abroad. All the trips so far have been highly enjoyable and can be done on the cheap [under £300] if you plan carefully and are willing to fly cheaply without hold.

Having starting my visits and is worth the money and a worthwhile experience.. I've still got a considerable list of parks aside from the ones this year] I still haven't done such as Port Aventura, Parc Asterix and Gardaland. That's before we get on the stuff on the other side of the Atlantic and Asia.

Disneyland Paris would likely be a great starting point for those who haven't done any European parks due to it being easy to get to and cheap (if you don't stay at a Disney hotel (if you're willing to cap the Magic a little)). Port Aventura could be an alternate first place but I'm yet to go myself (which may be for next year).

Asterix is also an utterly fab park to boot...

You can balance out trips abroad and real life when you have money... It's easy... Even in US you can do a few trips for a surprisingly low cost (£1000) for most things (not Orlando though, that's ridiculously priced)...

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, imindetonator said:

Incorrect, its Alton Towers's new B&M Giga ;)

No, its LEGOLAND's new Wingrider silly.

Basically Merlin have purchased a new B&M coaster. On a serious note, apparently its Wingrider track according to a few comments.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

What ride would be best for me to go on before Shambhala or Dragon Khan?

With me, I would always do the biggest ride first. Both times I went to PA I started with Shambhala.

With you, I can obviously tell it's something your nervous for. That's understandable. But think of it this way, Shambhala comes across as a ride built for pure fun rather than seeing how scary they can make it.

Shambhala isn't very intense (I honestly find Dragon's Fury more intense), the ride is purely a "best" coaster. There are no real gimmicks (it deserves it's height status). You will notice the height, but as soon as you start facing down on the drop, your body will immediately adapt to the height and you will absolutely love it.

Ride Shambhala first, you won't regret it ;)

Then after that, you'll have no problem with Dragon Khan.

• 2 months later...
On Friday, February 03, 2017 at 9:48 PM, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

With me, I would always do the biggest ride first. Both times I went to PA I started with Shambhala.

With you, I can obviously tell it's something your nervous for. That's understandable. But think of it this way, Shambhala comes across as a ride built for pure fun rather than seeing how scary they can make it.

Shambhala isn't very intense (I honestly find Dragon's Fury more intense), the ride is purely a "best" coaster. There are no real gimmicks (it deserves it's height status). You will notice the height, but as soon as you start facing down on the drop, your body will immediately adapt to the height and you will absolutely love it.

Ride Shambhala first, you won't regret it ;)

Then after that, you'll have no problem with Dragon Khan.

Advice for any other parks?

Basically, I'm pretty sure I've left the school I was going to PA with. So I won't be going. Inferno, or Swarm? Maybe I should go on something at Towers instead?

On 9 April 2017 at 6:06 PM, ChessingtonSam said:

Advice for any other parks?

Basically, I'm pretty sure I've left the school I was going to PA with. So I won't be going. Inferno, or Swarm? Maybe I should go on something at Towers instead?

I would say do Swarm first (my regular motto is Stealth first, but judging by your situation that seems unlikely).

The Swarm is the definition of a ride that is not as scary than it looks. It's quite smooth, graceful, fun and you feel very secure due to the huge harness (it's the same vest restraint style used on Galactica). Plus, after riding Swarm, you'll naturally feel more confident with riding other major coasters at the park.

I've known some people who were fine on Swarm but were freaked out by Dragon's Fury, most people on this forum will agree that Dragon's Fury is way more intense than the Swarm. With this ride, even if it is slightly nerve racking (that is understandable) you will love it and it won't be nearly as scary as you expected.

If anything, just launch yourself in with Colossus as going upside down is really not at all amazing. I used to be really scared of going upside down but it is just alright (vertical loops are probably my worse inversion). Swarm is a bit rattley nearer the back so try to do front row (the scariest part is the drop as it actually has some force). Inferno is enjoyable and I enjoyed it most in the front row because it is a fun coaster. I'm quite weird because I did ride Stealth 2 years before any other major coaster at the park, yet I was too scared to ride dragon's fury or air the year later. Saw is a fun coaster as long as you put your head back and has a lot more force than any other Thorpe coaster. Colossus you need to ride front row and is certainly an enjoyable experience. Overall, just make yourself ride upside down coasters (best if you go with friends so you feel more relaxed)!