Injuries

yeah

Broke collar bone - disagreement with car over rights to the road

Broke left wrist & fractured forearm - falling off a tree swing

Fractured knee / compressed vertebrae / fractured wrist / broken toe / broken left knuckle - sports

More cracked ribs, dislocated thumbs and concussions than I care to remember.

Broke a leg slipping over in a field when I was a little kid. It looked so innocuous my parents refused to believe I'd really hurt myself so I hobbled around on it for a couple of days before they relented and took me up A&E to find I'd actually broken it.

Got in a fight at school and punched someone so hard they fell backwards (probably the only time I've ever really punched anyone!) and as they fell they reached out and grabbed my little finger and didn't let go as they fell away, breaking it. That hurt more than the leg.

Was chasing someone at work when my baton came out of its holder and fell under my foot while I was at full speed, turning my foot sideways. Damaged the ligaments in my ankle, looked like an elephants foot for a while and took ages to fix up. Hurt more than either of the broken bones!

I sliced my thumb on a blade of grass by a lake in the Black Forest once, I don't think I've ever bled so much. I fall down the stairs a lot but have only ever been to A&E once as a result of it, I'm just generally quite a clumsy person, which is something I know may shock people

I am really forgetful - just assumed this topic was about broken bones!

Years ago I fell over on icy pavement and managed to twist my knee - frigging hurt that did - I don't know what was worse, that, or the fact that there were a group of people behind me

Going over the handlebars of my bike and scraping the skin off of my hands and knees - it hurt but I was more concerned if anyone had seen

Cutting a fairly large split in my finger with those god-awful old tin opener things - they were awful and left tin lids really jagged

When I was a kid - rolling onto a portable heater and blistering my hand up quite badly to the point where I had to go to hospital

Currently having issues with my left hip which could possibly be arthiritis eeeek - been offered physiotherapy but declined for now

Thinks that's it which isn't bad considering I am clumsy as hell

Edit: Injuries inflicted from my sister -

Massive black eye after she locked me in a room with no handle to get out - I panicked, and was screaming at her to open the door - my face was right by the door and she kicked it open and I went flying.....that hurt a bit

Getting thrown against the side of the house and ending up with a vertical scab down my face.....yummy

Getting my head smacked against the kitchen cupboards and almost passing out

Getting thrown against a piece of furniture and cutting my head open

^^^ these were years ago now, we tend to get on better these days

Edited by Han30

Oh I forgot a fun one, I pierced my lip by accident when I was younger on a ski slope (again...) 

maxresdefault.jpg

So my mums a skiing instructor and until I was about 11 (from the age of 5) I would go skiing once a week.

You're essentially skiing on a giant honeycomb patterned tooth brush, its weird and I can't explain it but I raced my older brother one time, caught my ski in one of these holes and I face smacked myself a nice helmet-face-floor sandwich with several of these bristles cutting through my bottom lip.

5940150-280x210.jpg

I remember crying lots and getting some strawberry flavoured gas when they looked at it. For the next week though it felt like how I'd expect a stroke to feel like.

ti2hY1z.gif

^ me for that period of time

Oh I forgot a fun one, I pierced my lip by accident when I was younger on a ski slope (again...) 

maxresdefault.jpg

So my mums a skiing instructor and until I was about 11 (from the age of 5) I would go skiing once a week.

You're essentially skiing on a giant honeycomb patterned tooth brush, its weird and I can't explain it but I raced my older brother one time, caught my ski in one of these holes and I face smacked myself a nice helmet-face-floor sandwich with several of these bristles cutting through my bottom lip.

5940150-280x210.jpg

I remember crying lots and getting some strawberry flavoured gas when they looked at it. For the next week though it felt like how I'd expect a stroke to feel like.

ti2hY1z.gif

^ me for that period of time

Ah, the dreaded dry ski-slope. Pretty sure I went head first down one of these and nearly skidded off into some wooden planks

Keeping the skiing theme, I went skiing for the second time last year. Forgot how to stop myself and tumbled down a red run, whacking into my skiis as they fell off and I nearly fell off a good 20 foot drop/off a cliff. :) I was snow plough-ing for the rest of the day...

I'm starting to somewhat question my co-ordination.....yesterday I "almost" fell over after I came out of the slide on IAC maze - that was after I got stuck on the slide because of my damn shoes.

Then to top it over I actually did fall over after I came out of the MBV maze - embarrasing, yes....painful; a fair bit.  Woke up today with bruises down both my shins, feeling like I've been beaten up and a slightly twisted ankle.  I think my shin bruises are from riding loggers twice in a modified boat - never put your knees against those silly middle handlebar things - it's painful :wacko:

• 1 month later...

OK seriously... I am clumsy af... Knee problems all week (right knee) that weren't too bad but reached its worst on Sunday after my match, then went and injured my other knee on Saturday landing awkwardly on the trampoline... again didn't hurt so much at first but kills now, since about an hour after my match... going hospital at 3... wish me luck.

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Jesus I really am clumsy.. slipped on a football and twisted my ankle, felt a pop but heard nothing, literally couldn't move at all without it hurting like hell, went to hospital today and apparently "theres no broken bones so it's a small sprain" and I "cant do sport for weeks" (thanks then). Also think I've bruised my foot at the same time, meaning I can't put weight on my right foot and can't even put my foot flat on the ground when I'm sitting down. This is now the 12th time spraining my right ankle. Really is a wonder I haven't broken it yet. Touchwood.

Be careful what you wish for, sounds like me at your age, in my early teens I went through a phase of breaking at least one bone a year.

Sunday was interesting, let's just say saw, it slipped and my finger got in the way, not how you're thinking, but I now have vertical channel up my finger from the tip of my nail to my knuckles (yes it sliced my nail in half vertically), makes typing an experience since just slightest movement is excruciatingly painful. 

11 hours ago, Ian-S said:

Be careful what you wish for, sounds like me at your age, in my early teens I went through a phase of breaking at least one bone a year.

Sunday was interesting, let's just say saw, it slipped and my finger got in the way, not how you're thinking, but I now have vertical channel up my finger from the tip of my nail to my knuckles (yes it sliced my nail in half vertically), makes typing an experience since just slightest movement is excruciatingly painful. 

I dont wish Ill break my ankle lol, I said its a wonder I havent yet, but now Ive said that...

And is it sad I thought you meant the Thorpe Park Saw and was trying to figure out what you meant by "slipped'

I also thought you meant Saw the Ride!  Jesus so I'm a bit confused - did you kind of saw your finger in half but vertically? Not fully in half?  Whatever happened it sounds bloody painful.  Saws and even lawn mowers scare me - I was quite proud of myself when I used my electric drill to do some DIY but it was terrifying.  I just don't fully trust equipment like that.  I remember a thing at school in woodwork - this thing (can't remember the name) but its like a massive sand paper sheet which is powered - our teacher told us to be careful as we could easily lose a finger - then wondered why we weren't keen on using the damn thing. 

On 5/9/2016 at 10:22 PM, ChessingtonSam said:

Jesus I really am clumsy.. slipped on a football and twisted my ankle, felt a pop but heard nothing, literally couldn't move at all without it hurting like hell, went to hospital today and apparently "theres no broken bones so it's a small sprain" and I "cant do sport for weeks" (thanks then). Also think I've bruised my foot at the same time, meaning I can't put weight on my right foot and can't even put my foot flat on the ground when I'm sitting down. This is now the 12th time spraining my right ankle. Really is a wonder I haven't broken it yet. Touchwood.

Did they give you crutches if you can't put weight on your foot?  How the heck have you managed to sprain the same ankle 12 times!?  Ahh I had to lay off of sports when my toes went black (think they were broken) and I could barely walk - gutted as I was on a lot of sports teams.  You could try using a tubi-grip bandage thing - they're really good for support for injuries (useless for toes though!)