Injuries

yeah

26 minutes ago, Han30 said:

Did they give you crutches if you can't put weight on your foot?  How the heck have you managed to sprain the same ankle 12 times!?  Ahh I had to lay off of sports when my toes went black (think they were broken) and I could barely walk - gutted as I was on a lot of sports teams.  You could try using a tubi-grip bandage thing - they're really good for support for injuries (useless for toes though!)

No they didn't (they did last time) but a family member had some so we borrowed hers! And yeah, they haven't all been serious, but two have. Also done my left ankle 7 times, again only one was serious. I remember the first time I did it, side footed a football as someone else kicked it, my ankle was basically a balloon lol. This ones weird. Hurts the most out of all of them, and hurts all the way up half my shin on the back of my leg, and unlike last time (where I overstretched ligaments) hurts non stop (aches)

1 hour ago, ChessingtonSam said:

This ones weird. Hurts the most out of all of them, and hurts all the way up half my shin on the back of my leg, and unlike last time (where I overstretched ligaments) hurts non stop (aches)

The back of your calf going up to halfway up the lower section of your leg is your Achilles tendon (I know, I've had a lot of trouble with mine recently) and going by how you can't move it and can't put weight on it (your Achilles goes round to underneath your heel) it definitely sounds like that's where you've sprained it. You can get some good ibuprofen creams/gels (I use Voltarol Emulgel P) that will reduce most swelling within a few days, and a tubi grip bandage will do wonders as well by giving you extra support :)

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:39 AM, Celia Mae said:

The back of your calf going up to halfway up the lower section of your leg is your Achilles tendon (I know, I've had a lot of trouble with mine recently) and going by how you can't move it and can't put weight on it (your Achilles goes round to underneath your heel) it definitely sounds like that's where you've sprained it. You can get some good ibuprofen creams/gels (I use Voltarol Emulgel P) that will reduce most swelling within a few days, and a tubi grip bandage will do wonders as well by giving you extra support :)

Call me crazy but I think I've sprained it all the way round. I read a bit in a PE book about sprained ankles and how they hurt the most wherever you've sprained it, and it hurts all the way round. And thanks for the tips, I'll look for them, I have got tablets to take (2 paracetamol, 1 ibuprofen, three times a day) as well as a tubi grip bandage.

• 3 months later...

I broke my little a few months ago, first time I've ever broken a bone :P

I was getting ready for work when it hit the bathroom doorframe - that is, the doorframe got "caught" between my little toe and the one next to it, with a spectacular crack! You think stubbing your toe is painful enough, try breaking it, it's a whole new level plus that sick feeling that goes through your body when it's in extreme pain (shock reaction?)!

The worst thing about all of this is that I still went to work that day (a hour and a half or so commute on trains and buses), in agony, was obviously late because of it but it was still put on my record and going against me! :( Why did I go into work with such a painful injury? Well, I thought that given how easy it is to break your little toe, it would be fine to carry on, given I have a sit down job, and try and bear the commute. Plus I felt pressured to put the effort in as it was only a minor injury and was concerned I would look lazy (don't get me started on those who brag about putting the effort in to work while they're really ill - yeah, good for you, except you're not letting your body get better as quick as it could, plus spreading your germs and making everyone else ill, which ironically has a worse impact on the company than just the one person being off ill). Big mistake. The first few days are vital for helping the swelling go down, and the first two weeks are the most important for the healing process, it's when you need to be more careful about baring weight and walking, so I should've been safer than sorry and taken that day off, and a few afterwards to keep it rested. 

The result? My little toe is still a bit swollen, so rubs against my shoes and gets quite sore, and still feels stiff/occasionally painful to move. I broke it back in April ffs. 

Tl;dr: Listen to your body when you injure yourself, and take whatever steps necessary for it to heal, regardless of what pressure is put on you. It's your body!

Ouch, sounds painful.

Just a useless update on my finger, it's all healed, not even a scar, but one thing I did discover was the usefulness of superglue and teabags to hold the nail together, at one point just moving my finger was enough to have me doubled up in agony, but I remembered my mum putting my dads finger back together many years ago with a teabag and glue, so I cut up a teabag to the shape of the nail and then glued it over the two pieces, instant relief, might be useful to someone else one day.

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot one from years ago! Must have been about six and learning how to ride a bike, I sustained a few injuries...! One time I rode head first into a tree, grazed my head a bit, can't remember much else (worrying). Like one month later I was at another park, fell off and sliced through about 5 layers of skin on the pedal, and I haven't even tried riding a bike since.

Oh Gawd - bikes - jeez.  Generally I am ok on them (I can even ride without stabilizers now!) but my younger sister used to always fall off, or end up crashing into something - I'm not quite sure how or why but I used to get very anxious going out on bike rides with her.

I had an incident a few years ago now - was cycling into town going very fast down a quiet road, turned into a public carpark which, back then was gravel - thought to myself "hmmm, should probably slow down" so I stupidly slammed on the brakes - went flying head first over the handlebars.  Got up (first checked to see if anyone saw), then had to put my bike back in the right position as the wheels were a bit skewed, cried and realised my knee was in agony and I had grazed both hands.   Hobbled home in tears and spent he next few days walking like an 80 year old thanks to chronic knee pain

On 6 October 2016 at 10:03 AM, 3Dimensions said:

A couple of weeks ago I went into A&E after giving someone a drunken rendition of a piggy back. We fell forward and I cracked my chin. Whilst the glue and wound on my chin have mostly healed my arm is still aching occasionally making it hard to play guitar. :lol:

Oh blimey- ouch!  Maybe lay off the piggy backs when you're pickled:good: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A sword? A real sword?  Do schools not realise that even professional multi million pound film and TV productions use fake items made of rubber because the risk is considered just far too high to use real ones?  Jesus H ****ing Christ if they gave you a real one I'd be talking to solicitor because that's a serious failure in duty of care.

Bloody hell it was a plastic 10p sword from ebay, calm down you lot! However, any toy sword can become a real sword if stabbed hard enough. It was at an angle where there was a possibility it could pierce my lower leg. My school isnt rich enough to afford homework diaries, let alone a real weapon* 

*though there was a decommissioned 18th century gun involved in the play but let's not get started.

I've killed both my knees...

I was suffering from lax ligaments in my right knee, runs in the family, and my knee was dislocating all the time. It recovered so I went back to normal, went on the trampoline, hit my left knee on the frame and bruised it badly around the top of the kneecap. Then I landed awkwardly on the other one and reinjured it. Agonising pain.

• 2 months later...