pognoi

The Chessington Adventure Tree

38 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Where exactly is the carousel going? The actual plaza itself looks too small, unless it replaces the doughnut stall, or the compass in which case I will riot. 

It is replacing the donut stall.

30 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

It is replacing the donut stall.

Oh, well that's a slight inconvenience tbh and that's it, puzzled as to why they've gone for this though.

The new Carousel is opening because the current one is now in its twentieth year at Chessington, and was already second hand so will likely fail insurance next year. With the recent Bubbleworks fiasco, and Safari Skyway dead and buried, the park don't want to be seen removing any more children's rides, hence this investment.

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 10:40 AM, HermanTheGerman said:

The new Carousel is opening because the current one is now in its twentieth year at Chessington, and was already second hand so will likely fail insurance next year. With the recent Bubbleworks fiasco, and Safari Skyway dead and buried, the park don't want to be seen removing any more children's rides, hence this investment.

Safari Skyway was not a children's ride okay it was a terrifying nightmare creature which haunts my dreams okay 

2 hours ago, Fires of Fury said:

Saw the new carousel being tested today, it didn't look too bad, but I think I'll really miss the old one. 

Does the top half spin or not? Was there any water features?

On 29/03/2017 at 11:15 PM, ChessingtonSam said:

Does the top half spin or not? Was there any water features?

There wasn't a top half to the ride, and unfortunately there are no water features. It's basically like the old one, just with an African theme.

5 hours ago, Fires of Fury said:

There wasn't a top half to the ride, and unfortunately there are no water features. It's basically like the old one, just with an African theme.

By the top half I mean the actual tree itself

No water effects today, but around the ride are barrels with pieces of tree pointing to them.  Looks like it could have potential for water to trickle down from the top into those barrels (be that rain water of planned effects), but not sure really.  Top half definitely won't move though.

It looks and feels very Chessington, even if it is a bit out of place in location, and the announcements are bit bland.  It had a 10-15 minute odd queue today as well, so it's a shame they didn't get a bigger carousel to help deal with the crowds that it will get in that area.

From what I saw a couple weeks back, the Carousel is certainly decently themed and fits into Chessington's image very well. Hopefully the water feature will be working soon as it looks a great little feature for the ride.

It is a shame though that it's smaller than the old one (even if better themed) and the surrounding area like the castle could do with some enhancements.

I'm assuming the old Carousel when removed was scrapped?

It annoys me so much that the tree top isn't the same diameter as the actual Carousel... It kinda messes up the visuals of it a little bit...