Tulleys Shocktober Fest Scream Park 2015

lewumbrajumbos

I'm at tulleys at the moment and I'm Q img for the horrorwood hayride. I've already done the haunted house which was amazing, it was my first proper scare maze apart from Blair witch. It's very jumpy and a really long maze, it's so eerie and the theming is great. It was just me and my dad inside which made it sooo scary. I loved it afterwards. If that was the apparent 'weakest' maze at tulleys then I'm terrified for the cellar and the chop shop later tonight. I'll give you my full reviews later or tomorrow and keep you updated through the night. The atmosphere is great and the roamers are hilarious.

WOW WOW WOW! Haunted hayride was outstanding, I've never been so scared in my life and it was so fun, tulleys is worth the £30 just for that. As I said I'll give full reviews at a later point. Before we get into the scarier mazes I want a re run through haunted house as I loved it and I want to prepare myself again for the big ones, lol. There's no Q either so I'll update you in a bit!

I was meant to be going to Tulleys tonight, but I felt absolutely dreadful before I was meant to leave, and had started being ill.  So instead of experiencing all these wonderful-sounding attractions, I've experienced other scare attractions such as...

-The Toilet (featuring very authentic smells),

-The Sick Bucket (a not so pleasant experience that isn't my cup of tea),

-The Nap (a very disorientating experience featuring some awesome special effects that I can't remember)

-The Chicken Soup (almost as clichéd as a chainsaw ending)

-The Getting Slightly Better / The Post-Sick Semi-Sarcastic Post on TPM (a very enjoyable thing that should signify a turn of better events).

I was meant to be going to Tulleys tonight, but I felt absolutely dreadful before I was meant to leave, and had started being ill.  So instead of experiencing all these wonderful-sounding attractions, I've experienced other scare attractions such as...

-The Toilet (featuring very authentic smells),

-The Sick Bucket (a not so pleasant experience that isn't my cup of tea),

-The Nap (a very disorientating experience featuring some awesome special effects that I can't remember)

-The Chicken Soup (almost as clichéd as a chainsaw ending)

-The Getting Slightly Better / The Post-Sick Semi-Sarcastic Post on TPM (a very enjoyable thing that should signify a turn of better events).

Hope you feel better soon bro, the colony was a bit too scary for me I won't be having another run through.

Decided to man up and go solo, OMG it was crazy. A complete different experience to before, I was pinned down on the floor and screamed at, it was horrifying!

don't the tulleys mazes have a no touching from the actors rule...?

(correct me if I'm wrong)

In ascending order:

8. Hell-Elements: Just lazy.

7. Haunted House: Expected since it's for kids.

6. Chop Shop: I get the idea behind it but the same corridor layout gets rehashed about 5 times. 

5. Volt: I didn't actually experience the shock gimmick but I actually felt pretty unnerved in some of it due to how dark it was.

4. Cellar: Kind of standard maze I guess but it was really well done.

3. Haunted Hayride: It made absolutely no sense but it was a fun setup.

2. Nightshade Circus: The last few minutes were pretty excellent. 

1. Colony: Ended up by myself somehow which was fun. Sadly this meant the actor in the finale didn't bother doing anything. Otherwise it was pretty great.

My opinion

8. The Volt: Corridors are too wide for the gimmick to work, not a lot of actors.

7. Haunted House: Creepy, short but fun.

6. Hellements: Alright, greatly presented, just don't like the gimmick.

5. The Colony: Most themed of the mazes, just not too scary.

4. Haunted Hayride: Random, fun and scary!

3. Nightshade Circus: Really clever, love the ending.

2. The Cellar: Themed really well, and the actors are very jumpy.

1. Chop Shop: I'm really afraid of chainsaws, near the end it was a chainsaw frenzy.

I found it manic with blood,chainsaws, and strobes.

Okay then.

Hellements: Apparently been rerouted. No idea, still awful. The best bit is before you put the bags on your head. Lots of fire going off this year though. Just really not great at all. Even though they apparently change it every year in some  way in my eyes it should be flattened and replaced by something entirely new.

Haunted House: This thing is insanely themed! Even a Chucky doll hiding in there! I had better interaction with the actors last year and a few of the effects weren't working but it is a fab little attraction. 

The Volt: Good concept, and there is one part that is hugely dark, but by this time you're aware of what the electric pads look like so avoid them. Not great, just different I guess.

Nightshade Circus: The music in the queue is amazing! I want it! End of the day it took concepts from the brilliant Twisted Circus maze last year, had a change up but didn't live up to last year. The confusion of the patterns and everything just didn't work as well as previously. Ending was interesting.

Colony: Loved it! Tunnel was my favourite last year and this is basically a huge overlay of that taking parts from it and adding more. It is ridiculously long, spans multiple tents and outside sections. Not overly scary but it was the best overall complete attraction. Would loved to have done that twice instead of bothering with Hellements at all.

Hayride: Same as last year I believe so as fun as always. Some effects broken and annoyingly I think they're the same ones that didn't work for me last year too which is a shame. 

Cellar: This is the perfect example of a conga maze. It is done to perfection. Don't think it's changed at all either which is fine as it was great last year too.

Chop Shop: Urgh. Had so much hope for this. Old cars, parts, hillbillys. Brilliant idea! Then it becomes a repetitive walk through some windy paths past white and red walls with every actor just having a chainsaw. Effect works once, kinda boring after that. Huge shame.