Tulleys Shocktober Fest Scream Park 2015

lewumbrajumbos

• 2 weeks later...

Went on Saturday and absolutely loved it... The atmosphere was amazing all night with loads of roaming actors. Lighting was great park round as well. But most importantly the mazes (well most of them) was amazing. All laster I'm sure for like 10 minutes. They was suspense full, great themeing, great actors and also some really intense sections. Trying to get back later in the event instead of Thorpe again...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

After going tonight, here's how the mazes compared to Preview Night.

The Volt:

The Volt it much better than last time. The maze was pitch black for the most of it, which is unnerving with the shock pads. The Volt is a simple maze with a few actors too. I think it works well as a filler type attraction. 7/10

Nightshade Circus:

Same as last time. Still a really great clown maze with some good actors 9/10 

Chop Shop: 

Crazy! 5 actors with chainsaws at the end. The actor shortcuts meant we saw some of the actors again and again. Great maze, one of my favorites of the whole YEAR 10/10

Hellements:

Awful 4/10

The Colony:

Great run though, loads of actors playing around on the beautifully themed sets of this maze 9/10 

The Cellar is amazing as always. Also

Hayride and Haunted House are the as same as ever.

• 10 months later...
4 minutes ago, Jack said:

Who's hyped for this year?! I myself am bricking it?

Really really excited for this years Shocktoberfest. I've never been before and it's looking highly likely I'll be going this year. 

The two new mazes (Pandaemonium 3D and Covern of 13) both look very interesting, and let's not forget 6 other attractions.

The only one I'm scared for is The Chop Shop. It looks absolutely crazy! After Sub Species however, I think I'm ready for anything ?

57 minutes ago, MilesK said:

Really really excited for this years Shocktoberfest. I've never been before and it's looking highly likely I'll be going this year. 

The two new mazes (Pandaemonium 3D and Covern of 13) both look very interesting, and let's not forget 6 other attractions.

The only one I'm scared for is The Chop Shop. It looks absolutely crazy! After Sub Species however, I think I'm ready for anything ?

I've done both multiple times, and Sub Species is way scarier IMO.

Though the final 5 minutes of Chop Shop is manic, and the theming is pretty amazing.

And on another note Pandaemonium looks very intresting, Tulleys seem to like changing there Clown Maze yearly.

But this will probably be a massive change to it though, and the 3D element is gonna be very exciting to see how they utilise it.

It seems like they ditched The Volt in a heartbeat though, which is understandable..

Still puzzled why they've kept Hellements, its starting to get dire beyond belief..

5 hours ago, MilesK said:

I myself am bricking it for the cellar, I hate jump scares and I know I will have to lead the group as all of my friends are even more scared than me! The cellar looks the worst by far imo, the chainsaw in big top didn't bother me at all last year so I'm sure I'll be fine in the chop shop.

2 hours ago, Jack said:

I myself am bricking it for the cellar, I hate jump scares and I know I will have to lead the group as all of my friends are even more scared than me! The cellar looks the worst by far imo, the chainsaw in big top didn't bother me at all last year so I'm sure I'll be fine in the chop shop.

The chainsaw in the Big Top was absolutely nothing. On my run the guy just stood there and watched us leave. Something like Studio 13 was how a chainsaw ending should be. I've never run so fast in my life!

With the Chop Shop I've heard you get about 5 actors at once with chainsaws throwing them around and chasing you maniacally out of the maze. Guess we'll have to wait and see..

1 hour ago, Coaster Jamie said:

I'm thinking of doing Tulley's this year, how does the scare factor/quality of the mazes compare to Fright Nights?

Also, how easy is it to get on all 8 attractions in an evening without Fast Pass?

Overall the Scare Factor varies, but the Theming is superior in almost everyway.

Also the atmosphere is much better than Thorpe's IMO, due to the load of roamers, and they actually interact with you unlike Thorpe.

The Ques usually don't go higher than a hour, so FastPass isn't entirely worth it. 

But if you go Peak Season then buying it would probably be worth it.

15 minutes ago, imindetonator said:

Overall the Scare Factor varies, but the Theming is superior in almost everyway.

Also the atmosphere is much better than Thorpe's IMO, due to the load of roamers, and they actually interact with you unlike Thorpe.

The Ques usually don't go higher than a hour, so FastPass isn't entirely worth it. 

But if you go Peak Season then buying it would probably be worth it.

Thanks for the info, the first Saturday of the event is looking the most likely so hopefully it won't be too busy with it being further away from Halloween.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/09/2016 at 5:06 PM, Coaster Jamie said:

Thanks for the info, the first Saturday of the event is looking the most likely so hopefully it won't be too busy with it being further away from Halloween.

The preview night on the first Saturday is normally a good one to go to... The queues will be ok, but be prepared to wait a bit for the Hayride. Towards the end of the night I have often found that some haunts, namely cellar and colony get very quiet and have even had runs through on my own and in pairs. Take your time and enjoy the event and the atmosphere... if the queues are short don't rush to get everything done straight away, I'm acting inside The Chopshop this year so would be great to hear about your opinion of the park when you are done :)

5 hours ago, SYNAW said:

The preview night on the first Saturday is normally a good one to go to... The queues will be ok, but be prepared to wait a bit for the Hayride. Towards the end of the night I have often found that some haunts, namely cellar and colony get very quiet and have even had runs through on my own and in pairs. Take your time and enjoy the event and the atmosphere... if the queues are short don't rush to get everything done straight away, I'm acting inside The Chopshop this year so would be great to hear about your opinion of the park when you are done :)

Thanks for the tips, I've booked for Saturday 8th, really looking forward to it!

I'll most likely post a review for each maze :)

Just came back!

My full review of the event: http://forum.maniahub.com/blogs/entry/803-tulleys-farm-shocktoberfest-2016-review/

But a short listing of my opinion on the attractions:

8- Coven Of 13
7- Hellements
6- Creepy Cottage
5- PANDEMONIUM'S 3D CARNIVAL
4- Haunted Hayride
3- The Chop Shop
2-The Cellar
1- The Colony

Really enjoyed my first time at Tulley's last night - and great to see some folk from here too :) We went straight to Hayride and there were some technical difficulties so we were queuing for about 40 minutes - we were concerned it was going to mess up the rest of our night meaning we couldn't do all 8 haunts - but we did get everything done in the end! Chop Shop at 10pm was walk on FYI. My thoughts from last night:

• Blown away by the size of the haunts - we must've been in The Colony and Coven of 13 for a good 5+ minutes, The Colony in particular is massive!
  • Roaming actors in the park are BRILLIANT and totally make the event - I'm in love with the giggling Cinema Attendant Girls with their ex-boyfriend popcorn :wub: , they were awesome! A mate of mine who is in a blues/country band ended up singing with the two hillbilly banjo guys outside the Chop Shop,  brilliant stuff. Those two hillbilly's spotted my Hollywood Tower Hotel t-shirt and said "You best not be doing any espionasge boy, you're from the competition - don't you be going home with anything" :D 
  • My highlight was probably The Chop Shop - at one point I ended up split from my group of 4, turned a corner to be faced by a chainsaw guy - then turned round to find one had appeared behind me too. "Whatcha gonna do now" they said haha. Later on in the haunt I was bellowed at with "WRONG WAYYY PIGGY, WRONGGG WAYYYY" as I kept getting lost. Chop Shop reminded me very much of The Freezer/Asylum in parts, the good old days ;) My mates were shouting "Where's Mat?" behind me and an actor said to them "Mat's goooone" haha. See video below for how awesome the the Chop Shop looks outside.
  • Like I said - Colony is HUGE and another highlight. Really is super creepy being outside in the pitch black. Really enjoyed it, loads of actors here, loved the fire, the smoke, the darkness, the eerie latin whispered at you... so much to take in.
  • Even the "less scary" haunts (Creepy Cottage for example) the actors were top notch, I was at the front and a number of times I literally jumped out of my skin when an actor appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Theming on Creepy Cottage and also The Cellar was top notch - the sinking down effect here was cool!
  • Pandemonium 3D also provided some good scares - again because I ended up separated from the group and they wouldn't let me back. A female actor in there made me jump and then used the actor run perfectly to appear behind me again round the corner with a whisper of "I'm back" :D The 3D Part was genuinely confusing and did add to it.
  • Hayride was more of a laugh than "scary" but was well done, unique - and again, massive. Being at the front of the cart did take a way the magic a bit as I could see the driver controlling the sound effects with his iPod mini lolz. Loads of actors and scenes on this, and it did work well.
  • Coven Of 13 - I liked the laser "headless people" effect at the start, that worked very well I thought! The scariest part was the outside bit where you were anticipating actors but there was a walk without them until they appeared.
  • Only low point was Hellements which I thought was pretty poor - just disorientating with a bag over your head, and in a weird way, it doesn't make you jump when actors whisper at you/make noises etc because you can't see them.
  • Thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed my evening and I now intend on going back every year - I know Tulleys have space on their side vs. Thorpe Park but there really is no comparison to be honest. Chop Shop for example was borderline as "intense" as Face It Alone for me last year (albeit without the ball gag and swearing haha)
  • Did I mention the Popcorn Girls?