Tulleys Shocktober Fest Scream Park 2015

lewumbrajumbos

It's unlikely that you'll need to fasttrack anything if you're willing to wait up to 30 minutes (usually less as Tulleys throughout is fantastic, the max I queued was about 15) excluding the hayride, which tends to gain larger queues as the night goes on. I'd advise either getting on it first thing or fasttracking it in the evening :)

Just came back from tonight.

Overall there was some heavy changes from preview night, most actually being positive!

The Cellar

Had a odd run-through, didn't go in a conga line.

But actors still got some strong scares, and the theming is stunning-7/10

Hellements

Hellements is probably the weakest maze of the event.

I had a lucky run through on preview night so I kinda was too light on how bad it is..

It still has some redeeming features like the fire, but most of it is a tad dull-3/10

Haunted House

As good as always, the theming is fab throughout, and with a few actors, its a nice little gem-6/10

Haunted Hayride

As fun as always, the attraction is a random jumbled mess, but its a amazing jumbled mess.

The attraction is full of brilliant theming, brilliant actors, and a great mix of fun and fear-7/10

Pandemonium

Pandemonium was one of the best experiences in a maze I've ever had.

Due to me actually knowing some of the actors, I was constantly stalked throughout the maze.

The mazes seems to have quite a few more actors than preview night, and OH god where they entertaining.

One clown in particular followed/stalked me throughout the maze, this clown followed me for 10 minutes!

They had our group in stitches too, they even called a bald guy in our group "Mr Potato Head"

The maze was more fun than scary, but there was still some good startle scares.

Pandemonium is by far the most entertaining maze I've done this Halloween-9/10

Coven Of 13

I was initially quite harsh on Coven, maybe a little too harsh.

The concept and idea for most of it is quite original, and the problem on preview night was mainly down to execution.

The swamp scene is cool, and the finale is something very different.

Some scenes have had some changes, and overall the maze felt more effective.

I think Coven still needs some work, but with some tweaks it could be a standout-7/10

Chop Shop

Chainsaws.. Donald Trump.. Chainsaws..

AHHHHH-8/10

The Colony

The Colony had some tweaks done to it.

The claustrophobia tunnel was so long our group where left desperate to get out!

The maze still had some of the great scares it had on preview night, the loud car-horn, the beehive scene, ect.

Though the chainsaw? It does not make sense at all, though the rest of the maze is brilliant-8.5/10

Is it me or did the amount of chainsaws in Chop Shop dwindle this year?? Had a few goes through it when I went and I must of only of had 5 chainsaw encounters compared to over double that last year. Don't get me wrong, I still loved it and still found it to be one of the best mazes I've done this Halloween but it just seemed the ending wasn't as packed with chainsaws as last year. All other mazes I found to be really good (Cellar is simply a masterpiece!!) but I think Hellements needs to be moved on next year as I find it stale now (then again I'm not a huge fan on hood mazes). Overall I really enjoyed Tulleys this year!!

9 hours ago, Martin Doyle said:

Is it me or did the amount of chainsaws in Chop Shop dwindle this year?? Had a few goes through it when I went and I must of only of had 5 chainsaw encounters compared to over double that last year. Don't get me wrong, I still loved it and still found it to be one of the best mazes I've done this Halloween but it just seemed the ending wasn't as packed with chainsaws as last year. All other mazes I found to be really good (Cellar is simply a masterpiece!!) but I think Hellements needs to be moved on next year as I find it stale now (then again I'm not a huge fan on hood mazes). Overall I really enjoyed Tulleys this year!!

I went towards the start of the event (it was my first time) this year and Chop Shop did have a lot more than 5 chainsaws from what I can remember. Perhaps it's decreased as the event has gone on for some reason?

• 2 months later...

I sadly don't see them implementing touch scares, but I think at this point nothing can save Hellements..

Overall I think we'll see Coven, Cellar, Hayride, and Haunted House all return this year.

The rest of the Haunts I'm not all that sure on, though I guess Chop Shop is a fan favourite so I doubt it'll get the.. Well. Chop!

Allowing touching is never going to happen with Tulley's I don't think. But there are some good reasons for it however, that if you were to ever go to the auditions and training would be explained to you (I'm not allowed to say anything about the training particularly). All I'm going to say is think how many shut downs there are at thorpe mazes due to guest action and then think about how many shutdowns there are at Tulley's... pretty much none in an evening. As a Chop Shop chainsaw actor for 2016 I can confirm that with Chopshop it honestly depends on your run, due to the way the maze is laid out and if a slow group stops and blocks an actors exit or there needs to be a chainsaw refuel/swap-over you may miss an interaction with an actor. You were almost guaranteed at least 4 chainsaw encounters, but with any luck you would get a lot more. 

I think a bigger factor in the number of shutdowns is the parks clientele. Fright Nights is full of pikeys who like to hit people whereas Tulleys pulls a more laid back crowd who are more aware about this kind of event.

Also Chop Shop scared the **** out of me last year so cheers dude! [emoji106]

• 3 months later...

ScareTour have teased a little on some changes happening this year- and oh god, even if it is May, I'm hyped for Tulleys 2017!

And longer mazes? I gotta say the majority of mazes at the event are already long as hell, so, just, wow

Very interesting. (Sorry for bumping this topic like 5 months too early..:lol:)

tulleys.png.a2c549e2f762c8a6dab6cf4c548be000.png

On 23/05/2017 at 10:53 PM, JoshuaA said:

ScareTour have teased a little on some changes happening this year- and oh god, even if it is May, I'm hyped for Tulleys 2017!

And longer mazes? I gotta say the majority of mazes at the event are already long as hell, so, just, wow

Very interesting. (Sorry for bumping this topic like 5 months too early..:lol:)

If Colony gets an extension then I need to hit the gym before I go!! That maze is already an endurance as it is!! :o 

I predict Hellements will leave (its widespread regarded as stale now), Coven and Chop shop will get the extensions and Haunted hayride will get a makeover. I obviously could be hopelessly wrong about ALL of that but I see hellements going as being odds on.

• 8 months later...

Very interesting. (Sorry for bumping this topic like 5 months too early..[emoji38])

Such a shame most of these turned out to be nonsense. Anyone know what happened?

I have no idea what happened though I guess the majority of the mazes at the park are long as hell anyway so I guess it would been stupid if they extended some of them (Chop Shop could do with a extra scene or two though)

Anyway I guess last year was more of a low-key year for Tulleys anyway.

I'm guessing this year will see more of a lineup shake around, like 2015 did.