The Future of Stand Up Coasters

Charlesberg

I am aware that stand up coasters aren't really what everyone likes and that may be the reason they don't continue fabricating them.

I have said lots in the Bolliger and Mabillard topic but I want to do a topic on this specifically so that B&M discussions can continue normally without lots of stand up coaster posts dominating it.

Personally I think that they should carry on but using new restraints but many may disagree.

I believe that there should be a future for stand ups but mainly I'm not going to stay solid with my thoughts I mainly want to see how other people interpret this.

Should there be a future for stand ups?

What ways should they change if so?

Do they need to change?

Personally I'd love for B&M to continue making stand ups as their stand up's seem the smoothest and actually look safe (I'd never get on shockwave in a million years it looks dodgy but I'd get on Green Lantern with no problem at all). Maybe if they could make a restraint similar to the vest harness but adjust it to work on a stand up then they could work well. :) 

Saying that B&M Stand-Ups are the smoothest isn't saying much about them, rides like Vortex or the formerly titled Iron Wolf are regarded as bloody dreadful...

It's a position thing, that can't really be solved by restraint methods... Their future what with Mantis' refurb seem very much in doubt...

They are so uncomfortable if you don't get the seat just right. First time on a stand up was just me trying to stop the pain the whole way round. If it wasn't for there being no queue I wouldnt have bothered with a 2nd go.

I think the future for them is the floorless conversion. Stand ups don't attract people any more and people which do ride them always say that they are uncomfortable.