Fright Nights 2015

Jack F

Some positive feedback! Finally. At the moment, I think, the biggest worry is that the big top is a piece of sh**e so far. I look forward to hearing your thoughts tomorrow. But it seems as if though the doom and gloom, you didn't have too bad a time! On a side note, I wonder if containment will improve...

We've been told a scene in the big top is unfinished, awaiting props/parts to finish it which should be there by next weekend. My main issue is how much scaffolding there is, as how in the big top last tent they couldn't even cover the outside walls with black curtains and instead just left the scaffolding with yellow foam pads which ruined it so much in my opinion; and on my run through the actors just didn't seem to get it right and use the maze to the best potential, so hopefully it will continue to improve.

I haven't done containment, but my friends have and said it was amazing with clues/links to WC16, I have my containment time slot booked for tomorrow so can't wait to check it out :)

Was hell. Two mazes done all day. No atmosphere. Waited two hours (they told us it would be half an hour) for Blair Witch, which was okay. Big top was meh, basically Studio 13 with clowns.

Whenever there was a 'technical difficulty', the atmosphere became quite nasty. When they announced it would be reopening after a 20 minute stop, everyone booed the staff. Quite horrible.

The fast track queues were WAY too long. They need to get that sorted. The roaming actors were cool, I saw a group of clowns but then also a mismatch bunch of dead brides, zombies, the RingleaderBae and a bloke in a top hat.

Today wasn't the best of days unfortunately as many rides broke down during evening and remained closed all night, 14 in total plus Big Top was shockingly disaponting not to mention only managing 4 rides somewhat.

Containment however was really good, as were Csbin & Saw Alive but can't save what operation wise has possibly been my worst trip for 4 years.

Well, I suppose it's understandable them offering such a crap experience today; it's not like they've planned and run these Halloween events ever before, is it? Or made these very same mistakes to be able to learn from over and over again.

I despair. I know people often look at posters on here and the enthusiast community in general and bemoan the constant negativity from people who are supposed to be fans, but I'm sure all we want is for the parks to be a success. But with what they give us they don't deserve success, they deserve to fail financially in the way they have been recently, and that's really quite sad.

This stuff is simple. These problems are pathetic.

We've been told a scene in the big top is unfinished, awaiting props/parts to finish it which should be there by next weekend.

I personally think that that is outrageous. How is that acceptable from a company as big as them who have had all year to plan for this event?! I get that it means things can only get better but I still dont think its an acceptable excuse and I will be super unimpressed if it is still unfinished when I go next week.

I have to agree with pluk, these problems should not be happening on this scale at an event that has been running for years.

↑↑ thats the point though, they should have been able to get it open and fully completed to enable the actors to prepare. To then just have the attitude of 'well it will improve and be finished in a couple weeks' its just a joke. Its ok to have the main attraction finished and 100% brilliant towards the end of the event? I dont think so.

I personally think that that is outrageous. How is that acceptable from a company as big as them who have had all year to plan for this event?! I get that it means things can only get better but I still dont think its an acceptable excuse and I will be super unimpressed if it is still unfinished when I go next week.

Agreed with that, it is not good enough for the maze to be half-done when it is open to the paying public, it is just a farce.

As for the operations yesterday, I am dreading visiting today but unfortunately it is already arranged.

It's no wonder Thorpe are struggling with gate figures when that is what happens when they get busy.

It's totally unacceptable and their communications to customers during e stops and breakdowns are also a joke.

The host in the queue told me in Blair Witch during a breakdown that I knew as much as him about what the problem was and how long it would be, I told him that was a totally unacceptable level of communication and customer service, he just said go to guest services!

The amount of times I've left a queue only for the ride to restart 5 mins later! Appalling customer service generally. I'm just glad I live very close and have a pass.

Such a shame because there is so much potential

The Big Top was awful yesterday! I queued 90 minutes in the slow-moving q with people constantly jumping over fences and cutting in the lines but I finally got on at around 10-15pm. Then they rushed us through the maze by pushing us through the fortune teller section and straight out the exit, chasing us through the mirror maze and then telling us to keep walking through the outdoor bit on the inside. Theming was better on the inside than out and overall it wasn't worth the wait. Very disappointed this year

I went yesterday, I did all the mazes for the first time and considering what I'm like (a total wuss who is terrified of clowns and all things jumpy) I was really... Underwhelmed?

One of the biggest let downs for me was honestly cabin. The actor in the first room was stopping us from going through a certain door which apparently led to the forest area and when we found the control room the actor in there broke character and told us it was off limits? I then walked through the rest of the maze confused more than anything, there weren't many actors at all in there and I felt really disappointed more than anything, given the hype I'd heard.

The big top was decent, I was very much freaked out when I ended up at the back and someone stroked my back, and being cornered by a clown and approached by baby was also quite creepy!

Saw again I hadn't much of an idea as to what was actually going on, it was either so dark I couldn't see, or the strobes simply confused me completely. As this was my first maze I was doc using more on staying calm and avoiding the attention of the actors though!

My bloody valentine was one of the ones I was most worried for, being claustrophobic, but it just felt like a walk through some dimly lit, tight corridors. I didn't draw much attention to myself like most of the mazes as I really didn't want it but I just generally didn't feel much of an atmosphere? I also felt like I was walking through IAC at one point.

Blair Witch was probably the 'best' in terms of being creeped out/scared by the actors who would just stare at you and start to follow you. At one point I was completely left alone as the person I was walking with was kept back and I was really quite terrified! Shame about the bright construction/floodlights kind of making it too bright halfway through though, and the shed it a slight anti-climax in all honesty.

I was genuinely surprised that I got through all the mazes unscathed, and I'm not sure what that really says about the mazes, as I really wasn't particularly scared for the entirety of a maze. Given that I was absolutely terrified by Haunting in the Hollows last year I'm not too sure what to make of it! I'm not sure if the order had something to do with it but our first maze was at about 7 so it's not as though the actors wouldn't have 'warmed up' however they were very good nonetheless, I just didn't understand a lot of it all and I don't think it's because I haven't seen the films.

With regards to queues, they were quite ridiculous. I feel as though we wouldn't have got all the mazes done if we didn't have director's cut but it really did seem as though fastrack was oversold. I'd never seen it so bad with my own eyes before and I was surprised how busy it was on its first 'proper' day.

I went yesterday, I did all the mazes for the first time and considering what I'm like (a total wuss who is terrified of clowns and all things jumpy) I was really... Underwhelmed?

One of the biggest let downs for me was honestly cabin. The actor in the first room was stopping us from going through a certain door which apparently led to the forest area and when we found the control room the actor in there broke character and told us it was off limits? I then walked through the rest of the maze confused more than anything, there weren't many actors at all in there and I felt really disappointed more than anything, given the hype I'd heard.

The big top was decent, I was very much freaked out when I ended up at the back and someone stroked my back, and being cornered by a clown and approached by baby was also quite creepy!

Saw again I hadn't much of an idea as to what was actually going on, it was either so dark I couldn't see, or the strobes simply confused me completely. As this was my first maze I was doc using more on staying calm and avoiding the attention of the actors though!

My bloody valentine was one of the ones I was most worried for, being claustrophobic, but it just felt like a walk through some dimly lit, tight corridors. I didn't draw much attention to myself like most of the mazes as I really didn't want it but I just generally didn't feel much of an atmosphere? I also felt like I was walking through IAC at one point.

Blair Witch was probably the 'best' in terms of being creeped out/scared by the actors who would just stare at you and start to follow you. At one point I was completely left alone as the person I was walking with was kept back and I was really quite terrified! Shame about the bright construction/floodlights kind of making it too bright halfway through though, and the shed it a slight anti-climax in all honesty.

I was genuinely surprised that I got through all the mazes unscathed, and I'm not sure what that really says about the mazes, as I really wasn't particularly scared for the entirety of a maze. Given that I was absolutely terrified by Haunting in the Hollows last year I'm not too sure what to make of it! I'm not sure if the order had something to do with it but our first maze was at about 7 so it's not as though the actors wouldn't have 'warmed up' however they were very good nonetheless, I just didn't understand a lot of it all and I don't think it's because I haven't seen the films.

With regards to queues, they were quite ridiculous. I feel as though we wouldn't have got all the mazes done if we didn't have director's cut but it really did seem as though fastrack was oversold. I'd never seen it so bad with my own eyes before and I was surprised how busy it was on its first 'proper' day.

Ughhh the organization sounds awful... Hope it get's better as time comes along.