Fright Nights 2015

Jack F

Problem is in these situations is what can the 'normal' staff member do? They're not trained to deal with guests of certain natures, and usually the only solution is to call TLs or Security so they can deal with it instead... Having discussions with aggressive/demanding/idiotic guests can ruin a night completely for the staff member, especially as you can't really trust the clientele at Thorpe not to do something outrageously stupid...

The other year weren't there a few security blokes stood around each maze? From an external company if I recall too, that's probably the solution...

What is going on today?!

Colossus, The Swarm, X, Depth Charge, Slammer, Storm Surge & Slammer are all currently closed, on top of the pre-warned I'm a Celebrity, Samurai, Vortex and, since 5, Loggers Leap, Rumba Rapids and Rocky Express.

Surely it must be a powercut?  To have 13 rides down on the opening night of Fright Nights is just absurd, on top of the various maze shutdowns I keep hearing about!

Just catching up on what's been going on. Amazing stuff. Sounds like the Sunday was better though.

If it wasn't for all the travellers on park yesterday afternoon/evening... The fright nights would have literally been a ghost town, it was that quiet! Didn't see too many problems with th travellers besides the above issues mentioned about throwing bottles and rubbish down from the top of depth charge while I was waiting for containment, and they just seem to gather round in massive groups blocking things up etc.

Can't be too stereotypical as went through MBV in a group of 3 after a evac, it was me and my friend and a traveller and he was a good laugh aha!

I was there yesterday as well. I had a really enjoyable day and the queues were very good in comparison to the Saturday by the sounds of it. However, as you say the real terror started when a certain type of clientele landed on park. I felt very sorry for staff as they just ran riot with no regard for anyone... it was rather sad really.

All in all though most fun I have had a Fright Nights for years though, Thought MBV was good but The Big Top was a bit of a let down, didn't really flow very well and the first tent was beyond pointless!

Quite enjoyed the big top last night, especially as it was nearly walk on and we were in a group of only 4! Much more theming needed in the tents though...

Reckon there were 6 actors in the whole maze, any idea how that compare to other mazes?

Quite unique having the bridge over the maze to watch people moving between tents but a bit of a missed opportunity as you keep getting moved on even if no one else on the bridge. Assume that's something to do with health and safety?

Quite unique having the bridge over the maze to watch people moving between tents but a bit of a missed opportunity as you keep getting moved on even if no one else on the bridge. Assume that's something to do with health and safety?

Well there was quite a few of us gathered on the bridge during the choosing ceremony on Saturday. Maybe it's more a case of stopping any potential abuse actors may get from passers by?

Is this "traveller" issue a regular thing at FN? All the years I've been I haven't noticed any travellers, let alone troublesome ones.

During my visits it's always 14 year old chavs trying to jump queues...

Has anyone had any of these issues in previous years then?

First Sunday of FN is known for it, same at Scarefest apparently. 

Is this "traveller" issue a regular thing at FN? All the years I've been I haven't noticed any travellers, let alone troublesome ones.

During my visits it's always 14 year old chavs trying to jump queues...

Has anyone had any of these issues in previous years then?

Yeah, two years ago on a Fright Nights Sunday I saw a woman get mugged, a fight, smokers in most queues and people jumping over the temporary fences ignoring the staff who were telling them not to.

That was another thing I noticed, on our second ride a large group of queue jumpers just went straight through the saw fast track and even when mentioned the attendants didn't really do much. It was quite obvious aswell as the chain rattled and they were a pretty boystrous group. 

Well there was quite a few of us gathered on the bridge during the choosing ceremony on Saturday. Maybe it's more a case of stopping any potential abuse actors may get from passers by?

Could be, but the actors were interacting really well with us on the bridge between maze groups until staff told us to move along. They have a member of staff there all the time to prevent you stopping in the bridge.

Saw Alive - 7/10

My first time in the maze, really enjoyed this one actors were good & made the group jump quite a bit, wished there was a better ending though as we just strolled out.
Overall 7/10 - was a good maze could just to with a better ending and to get rid of the hands on shoulder & make it free flow.

The Big Top 4/10

I was really excited/scared for this maze (I hate clowns) but I forced myself to go in and I was actually really disappointed. There was just a lot it black curtains with no actors. The mirror maze was just a corridor or mirrors not a maze & I didn't see anything that resembled a dressing room in the last tent. Just one little cage thing & then a guy with a chainsaw. Only good thing was that I didn't actually see the clown.
Overall 4/10 - thought it was a bit pointless, no really theming just seemed a bit all over the place I'm glad I got the Fastrack as if I'd waited 90 mins for I'd of been peeved.

My Bloody Valentine 9/10

1 went through the right door, disappointed with the lack of hospital, got out of the tunnel, waited for the other member of my group a actor came and changed me away & followed me to the pillowy section, couldn't see my friend so ended up doing the rest of the maze on my own (was like a mini free face it alone)
2 got told to go through the right door, asked to go through the left instead, still no hospital scene (boo) got out of the tunnel & there was an e-stop, walked through the rest of the maze with the lights on, you really don't appreciate how much work goes into the theming of the mazes when you go through normally.
3 went back and queued again, ended up being the first group back in. Actors were on fire this time definitely making up for the down time.

The Blair Witch Project 8/10

1 went through at about 7, was enjoyable but not quite dark enough. Trees seemed to be a lot closer that last year & the actors had plenty of places to hide witch was good, there were 3 or 4 in the last scene banging around.
2 went though again at 9ish was much better in the dark, could hardly are the actors (some appeared out of nowhere) again 3/4 in the shed which was a huge improvement on last year (there was only 1 when I went though)
Overall 8/10 - massive improvement on last year, actors were really good.

Overall 9/10 - actors were really good in this & on the third go defining made up for the technical problem, it's just missing the hospital scene.

Cabin In The Woods 10/10

1 I was in front, went though the garden room, then through the first door - ended up meeting another group which caused a bit of confusion. I stayed in front & there were loads of us, the ramp section was full. The actors were amazing though and darted round scaring all of us.
2 I was in the middle, went through the garden door then into the furthest door away, through the room with the masks & into the control room!! (I finally found it) went back and carried on through again the actors were amazing, one lied on the floor till I walked past then ran past me screaming & one was sat up on the wall above me & I had to crawl under him to get out.
3 went in right at the end (was 10 when I got in) I was at the front again, actors were amazing this time (same route as 2) there were stopping my & not letting my past, one by the bridge let me go then stopped my friend & just wouldn't let her past no matter how hard she tried. There just seemed to be loads of actors in this one.
Overall 10/10 - still my favourite maze, actors were amazing & love the free flow style

Ride/Maze Count

CITW x3

MBV x2.5

TBWP x2

TBT x1

SA x1

Swarm Front x1

Swarm Back x1

Nemesis Inferno x2

Colossus x1

X x1

Saw x1

Rush x1

Quantum x1

Just thought I would share this, I've found the dispatch music used this year.  (The recognisable bit starts around 1 minute into the track).

https://youtu.be/cMGq6dm6Lws?list=PLmwj9pWSJQnI2UlUaCWPxFAqqCnXztw5h

The music is very similar for sure, I just thought the tune was a little more bouncy when it was played around the park. Maybe the music technician did something with it or it was reorchestrated. Anywho great find!