Fright Nights 2015

Jack F

Okey dokey, let's get some facts out there...

-I don't think anyone 'knows' what the IP for WC16 is (if there even is one).  Everyone will have their ideas, some people will have heard things that they might not have supposed to heard, and so forth.  I'm sure there's someone who could somehow suggest that Hunger Games fits into all the clues so far.  I'm sure someone in the world thinks this is still going to be "Whitechaple - The Ride", based on long-dead ITV show...

-There aren't "clues" in Big Top, there are "Easter eggs".  These are very different.  A clue is something that will help you find something out.  An Easter egg is much more obscure, maybe even an inside joke, that likely won't help you figure something out.  So there's every chance that these "clues" are leading us down the wrong path, and are actually manufactured by Thorpe after hearing false rumour.

-For anyone curious, I will post the Easter eggs in the WC16 thread.

-The Figaro Brothers are The Ringmaster, Kenny the Clown and Big Baby.

I also did a backstage tour yesterday of MBV and Big Top.  Some stuff we were told (I may repeat what others have said, but meh)...

-The Lionsgate contract is not being renewed, and so this is the final year of the tie in.  This means there will likely be many new attractions next year, similar to 2013.  Big Top and Containment were introduced so that next year, these had familiar and established attractions amongst the new stuff.

-When I asked about if Saw Alive was included in the mazes not returning next season, our guide simply replied "Maybe", with a smile on his face.  Usually staff in the know have brilliant poker faces, so I wouldn't take that as confirmation either way.

-The hospital scene from MBV was not used this season partially due to space, but also due to damage to the container.  It makes me wonder what the shelf life is on these containers in a theme park environment, and whether we'll see this become a bigger problem in a few year's time.

-The Big Top tents were put up by a professional circus company.  The tents have currently been hired, but they are looking into buying them.  It depends on the success of Big Top this season I presume; however, the park plan to have it around for 3-5 years if all goes well.

-The tents were actually a lot larger than the design team were expecting.  Hence why during the first few nights, many scenes with very spacious.  Last week, they made some changes (as many have experienced) and made the scenes a lot more intimate, to help create the scares.  Like any scare attraction, I guess it is difficult to know how something will be received until guests actually go through it.

-There are at least 2 dead ends in Big Top.

-A few effects in Big Top are still being played about with.  Some that sounded great on paper just didn't quite work out in reality.  Some are still being perfected.  The maze will grow further still.

-There's loads of old bits of theming in Big Top.  The mirror maze section includes an old dummy from Se7en.  The drum in the dungeon scene is from Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari.  The dressing table from the dressing room scene is from Studio 13.  Loads of old costumes from previous mazes are in the dressing room too.

-Lots of the characters from inside Big Top are named after park managers and members of the design team.  The exceptions are Madame Mephsito and the Figaro Brothers.

-There's a neat little model of The Big Top's final tent to the right of the exit.

There's a few bits of WC16 related stuff to mention, but as said, I'll put that in that thread.  I'll try and get photos uploaded soon.

I also did Containment yesterday - a review of that will be on my Blog soon.