Fright Nights 2015

Jack F

-There's loads of old bits of theming in Big Top.  The mirror maze section includes an old dummy from Se7en.  The drum in the dungeon scene is from Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari.  The dressing table from the dressing room scene is from Studio 13.  Loads of old costumes from previous mazes are in the dressing room too.

Surely not, I was ridiculed at the suggestion that they would reuse theming from their previous mazes! ;)

What was the old dummy out of interest?  I also noticed the old dummy from Curse outside the BBQ, but someone took the head out yesterday!  :angry2:

I really don't think we can trust these "Guides" the amount of crap they have spewed out over the years... And I highly doubt they know anything to do with WC16 that we don't.

Out of curiosity, what is the "crap" they've spewed out? Other than a couple of marketing things (Saw being the most successful coaster launch in the world, for example), most of what I've been told on VIP tours has been very much the truth / believable.

The clues are clues in a very very obscure way... Said 'clues' are actually more of a homage towards said thing maybe for WC16. Nothing related to what the ride is, just a little bit of fun that they've thrown in, could be for an IP, could not be! ;) Like JoshC said, The Big Top does feature things from past mazes and even the park in general!

To back myself up here.... We were told what in big top was a 'clue', we researched these 'clues' and found a link to what could be the IP for the new ride. Every single other clue etc Thorpe have given links in to this IP.

well could you at least post in spoiler tags what the IP you believe the clues in big top allude to is? :)

well could you at least post in spoiler tags what the IP you believe the clues in big top allude to is? :)

Afraid not, judging from the reaction to what I've said now, I'd get in trouble for telling you what I've worked out from the clues given to me by Thorpe Park themselves,

Afraid not, judging from the reaction to what I've said now, I'd get in trouble for telling you what I've worked out from the clues given to me by Thorpe Park themselves,

alright I understand that but surely if you essentially got told or at least hinted towards what the IP would be (or given the clues to work it out) on a backstage tour (that any paying member of the public can experience)..then we can get told, as members of the public, too? :lol:

alright I understand that but surely if you essentially got told or at least hinted towards what the IP would be (or given the clues to work it out) on a backstage tour (that any paying member of the public can experience)..then we can get told, as members of the public, too? :lol:

You would think that wouldn't you, but apparently not.

Reviews of all the mazes I have never done before. I know you've all been waiting for this.

Preface: 

Mazes are always going vary on each run but I feel that this is even more the case with this batch of free-flow mazes. I would say, whilst you can get screwed over by random factors - a ball of a dozen 14 year old girls pushing you down the exit of a maze - I feel that you get what you put into them. I rarely find mazes scary but not reacting to actors is just as dull as not reacting to going on a rollercoaster I've been on before.

MBV:

Having said all that stuff, this maze is just bad. Experiment 10 was pretty revolutionary for Fright Nights when it debuted but the tight shipping containers do not suit free-flow at all. The actors have no space to work with for the first half and nothing really happens in the second half.

Blair:

I get what Thorpe is trying to do but the build up is wasted when the same scare happens every minute. Also, that hut is the only structure in the entire 'maze' so you know something has to happen. Taking two or three actors out of the start to make sure the hut has at least four actors would make the whole experience more dramatic I feel.

Big Top:

First run through was 'alright'. Second was great and this was even when the fortune teller and outdoor parts were stupidly short; I guess due to it being after park close. This maze reminded me that just because these things are called horror mazes, they are far more enjoyable when they have a comedic edge. I've now watched a video of the opening night and yeah it looked pretty bad but it's just so funny now. My biggest gripe is that the soundproofing is just felt, meaning you can overhear scenes AKA THE FLIPPING ENDING. The first tent is fortune teller + felt. Weakest one by far and I hope something changes or they just replace it next year. The second tent though is just excellent. The mirror maze completely breaks up the group and the following section in the near pitch black has people running for the exit. I'm also really fond of the room in the 3rd tent that suddenly floods with light. The majority of the actors were doing a great job playing the deranged carnie, trapping us in the mirror maze, grabbing my face etc.

Cabin:

I hyped this, it delivered. If I hadn't have known the whole 'pick your own door' thing I probably would have loved it even more. There's just so many ridiculous situations that you can get yourself into, like swapping rooms with another group and being called dumb by a hillbilly or managing to scare yourself and another guest when they open a door on you. Being chased by monsters and trying to close and lock the doors behind you before they get in is such a rush. Also I love how in one run a room may be completely empty but the next its got 3 actors and a dozen guests screaming their heads off. It's the closest to Honeycomb maze we are ever getting at Thorpe.  My two complaints would be:

1. The costumes were pretty uninspired, especially considering the IP we are talking about here. No unicorns fair enough but a give me a werewolf or a ballerina.

2. The choose your own room section is way better than the corridor section. The space isn't great for an actor to work. Also I know it's not like the movie but it would make way more sense if the controller/JOSH LYMAN/ scientist actors were being murdered by weird monsters than telling me they were going to shove my tongue down my throat.

Its good fun yeah, but for me it was not scary at all. It would of been miles better if there was a panic to escape, but for me there wasn't.

yeah you're right actually. it was a good time but it was ridiculously not scary. I mean the actor in the fourth room was pretty creepy but that's it... it really wasn't scary at all. 5/5 scare rating on the map too... :lol: