Fright Nights 2015

Jack F

Like how this argument has turned into how 'intense' the touching is. If Thorpe push you into other rooms (me in cabin last year) and Alton also do it, I don't see the difference. The weird 'it's not just touching, it's pushing' makes no sense whatsoever. And the fact that Alton are like 'ooh, it's touching' all over social media does make it, by definition, a gimmick. Thorpe does it too, I'm not denying it, but it's just something they do - not the basis of the event

Had an okay day at the park today, maze wise. Most queues were shorter than advertised and there was a generally good vibe. One thing that really pissed everyone on the queue off was a large group of 17-18 year old girls and boys who jumped the queue TWICE. They ended going in about half an hour before us, despite joining the queue after. No one wanted to confront them because they were loud and obnoxious, not to mention there were literally about 20 of them. Lots of people in the queue were muttering to each other about it.

There was a long breakdown on Saw alive later. The maze was dire.

Big top has improved a lot, especially in the first tent, but no chainsaw.

Also, a bunch of travellers were in the big shop causing trouble. Emptying the jellybeans into their hands, throwing balls at staff, spitting. They were asked to leave, but kept coming back so they called security. I even saw one of them smoking, he didn't look any older than me!

Like how this argument has turned into how 'intense' the touching is. If Thorpe push you into other rooms (me in cabin last year) and Alton also do it, I don't see the difference. The weird 'it's not just touching, it's pushing' makes no sense whatsoever. And the fact that Alton are like 'ooh, it's touching' all over social media does make it, by definition, a gimmick. Thorpe does it too, I'm not denying it, but it's just something they do - not the basis of the event

Ok Scarefest hasn't just been touching advertised this year.

But touching makes it on par with Thorpe. But I felt like the mazes were just much more intense than thorpes.

For Sub Species I was split into a group of 2 for the whole of it. At one point there was actor either side blocking my way. They split us up by pushing and shoving.

Molly crowe also had loads of touching, actors put there hand all other my face! Grabbed my neck, grabbed my leg, ect.

It does happen at Thorpe, but not as much, and not as aggresive as SF's.

Thorpe have always touched. And not very extremely. This is the first year towers are doing touching and they are doing it extremely. I'm sorry, it just does not compare to Thorpe. I go to Thorpe a fair amount and know a few actors but even then it isn't that extreme. Maybe some people should stop visiting almost every single night of FN and try out some other attractions so you know what else is on offer, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Thorpe's mazes feel cheap, short and just simple. Hardly any story (or none if you've never seen the films). I'd much rather pay £20 for 3 quality mazes of over 10 minutes than queue ages for a 3 minute walk of some people lunging at me.

Ryan most of the group last week came out covered in some form of makeup. They remember us from brave it alone that's why we keep getting an intense experience on a normal runthrough.

Okay Jordan idk about you but the only makeup I came out in was what I put on that morning :')

However... For everyone arguing this point now:

Best explanation I can give for what he's trying to say here- some the actors have been extremely intense in cabin on our run throughs because we vaguely know 2 or 3 of them, as in, not exactly besties, but we know them by name and they would give us a passing hello (obvs not while working). Some are from previous years, some just enthusiasts we've happened across etc etc. So yeah, basically we've been pinned to walls, pushed on the floor and crawled on top of, actually "greeted" by name, and kept back for ages. So I see what he's saying that Thorpes mazes CAN be as full on as sub species, however, this isn't usually the norm unless you're lucky and get a good run, so on the whole and based on other mazes I've done this year, I agree that touching is rare and mostly not toooo intense.

Regarding the makeup... We weren't covered in it haha :') occasionally if they wear a little too much fake blood it's at risk of transferring onto guests and that happened to one of our friends, most likely completely on accident. Aside from that- I've never had makeup put on me.

Like Amy said, people have allergies, they can't do that!!

Anyhow, let this die, it might've been exaggerated but he's made a point that thorpe are clearly capable of making mazes intense... The question is why don't they do that for everybody? It would certainly be better!

On topic of face it alone what mazes have people done it in ??

I've done 2 I'll do my third this week. Out of the 2 I've done Cabin was the most fun and Saw was the most extreme. I'll be doing a Big Top on Thursday hopefully to see what that one is like. Put it this way Saw was intense you can find out where many things are on Saw such as the scent cannon for the First Scene. But we can't tell you anymore.

I've done 2 I'll do my third this week. Out of the 2 I've done Cabin was the most fun and Saw was the most extreme. I'll be doing a Big Top on Thursday hopefully to see what that one is like. Put it this way Saw was intense you can find out where many things are on Saw such as the scent cannon for the First Scene. But we can't tell you anymore.

How did free flow work with face it alone

I wish I could tell you but that would be spoilers ;) pretty much just very hands on, scenery and props used REALLY well! Seems to be double the actors, I crawled half the maze and was covered in... Suspicious liquids :')

Hmmmm. I'll decide when I'm old enough. I'm guessing a spair change of clothing is needed ?