Fright Nights 2016

Graw

This topic may seem a little premature with this years event having barely just begun, but it seems it's possible next years Fright Nights event will see a complete overhaul if the Lionsgate contract is not renewed. 

So do you think we've seen the last of the current line-up? If so what will you miss and what will you be glad to see the back of? What do you expect or want to see at future Thorpe Halloween events? 

Could be an opportunity for some exciting changes...

if it does happend, I'm gonna miss them. I think MBV and TCINTW were starting to get stale anyway. I'm gonna really miss BWP, it only just gotten really good in the last year or so. Sadly I think Thorpe might keep Saw Alive, which is a shame because that is starting to get dire.

I hope they actually give the new mazes good themes, and not just non similar versions of the lionsgate mazes..

happy to see the back of SAW Alive and hope that SAW the Ride gets re-themed, although unlikely

I was thinking if they keep the theme of Saw The Ride (heavily expected) it wouldn't surprise me if Saw Alive was the only survivor from the Lionsgate line up if it's under the same licencing agreement. 

I was thinking if they keep the theme of Saw The Ride (heavily expected) it wouldn't surprise me if Saw Alive was the only survivor from the Lionsgate line up if it's under the same licencing agreement. 

Unfortunately that'll probably be the case as they are tie ins with each other. I'm assuming they're under different contract given they came first. Shame really.

I really don't want Saw Alive to return next year. It would have been there for 6 years and it is the same every year.

Kinda sad CITW is going, only got two run throughs of it. First one was amazing, second not so good but still OK.

I want them to bring The Asylum or Experiment 10 back or if not then one maze that we had before the Lionsgate takeover (not including Saw) but it is not going to happen.

I wonder what mazes they will be bringing in and if they will have an IP or an original story.

We'll just have to see in a years time...

It certainly seems exciting if they do get changed! Of course that means there's much more room for error (judging by how badly they did with The Big Top on the opening weekend), but at the same time it creates a lot more opportunities which potentially could be amazing! If they change The Big Top into a genuinely outstanding clown maze with a curtain maze, crazy lights and music and a proper mirror maze, it could be just fantastic.

Something which could be an issue is how many scare attractions would be in the lineup. Thorpe Park struggles with massive queues and crowds already and they have 5 attractions, which is quite a lot. If they only had the budget to make say 3 attractions for next year, there would be even longer queues and more complaints. Seems like a lot to do to make 4 brand new mazes in one year?

This thread is very keen.

---

Looking back to 2013, when the park did 3 completely new scare attractions, designed an overnight event, had roaming actors and created Face it Alone, the park have shown they are capable of doing complete overhauls to Fright Nights.  It's obviously going to be difficult to do an overhaul to the event given the fact that the park have been struggling this year, as have Merlin as a whole, but given that FN is their flagship event, I do have faith that the park could do something wonderful next season.

Also, don't forget that one of the attractions to be rethemed would be BWP.  This could easily be done with a name change and a 30 second talk at the start to explain why we are walking in some woods.  "Headless Monk Hunt" anyone?

In MBV the guy was saying how the containers are getting pretty worn out especially after they've been kept in storage (that's one of the reasons the Hospital scene apparently didn't return, the set was damaged a bit too much). They mentioned something about buying/hiring out tents per year, wonder if we'll see any shipping containers next year!

Am I the only one who would be sad to see Saw Alive go? Yes? Okay but hear me out-

once that goes its unlikely we'll see that standard of themeing in a thorpe maze again :/ after getting a little too up close and personal with all the sets in face it alone I can really appreciate how much extreme attention to detail has been put it- will be sad to see all that go away :/ we can only hope they design something to the same standard- visually at least!

Tbh MBV needs to leave IMO, with just one container gone it's such a different maze, it's just not the same as it once was and it feels like it's been thrown together in a hurry this year to give them an extra maze!

Only one I'll be really sad to see go in terms of actual experience is cabin, I've honestly never been so impressed with a maze before, every run through I've had has been outstanding. Happy big top is coming back though! Will be nice to see some improvement but I'm such a big fan of the overall theme and storyline anyway! Love the music too (it's still stuck in my head though ah!).

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • Marc unpinned this topic