Fright Nights 2016

Graw

I'd love saw to be replaced by "the dolls house" there would be life sized dolls (like the wc16 promo) and massive teddy bears dripping with blood. Each room would identifiably be different. The living room would have a massive dolls tea party. The kitchen would have dolls with knives that they try and stab you with. The bath room would have a blood filled bath (they could just reuse the saw scene with a bit of added theming) with disected arms and dolls eyes. Finally, there would be a nursery with a jack in the box, teddy bears and a rocking horse that moves on its own. The house would have a Victorian gothic feel similar to duel.

All I want for Christmas is Asylum and Experiment 10 to return! Wait, forget that, I would also like a PS4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind a return of all the best mazes over the years (for the 15 year anniversary of Fright Nights) with improvements to them to make them scarier and better quality. This will never happen but I would like it to happen

For me I would choose.

Asylum: simple, but effective.

EX10: AMAZING.

The Curse: my first maze, nostalgia.

BWP: my favourite lionsgate maze/Zone

Hellgate: never done it, but it's a classic.

TBH I hate the idea of reviving attractions which our long dead,

But looking at TBT...

Maybe it is a good idea.

I wouldn't want to see Thorpe 'bring back' mazes in the way people are suggesting; I don't get the appeal of it.  The only maze I'd like to see return is Experiment 10, but even then, I'd like to see it with an improved layout / more isolation chambers so that it could deal with its own popularity.

But since we're listing our 5 favourite Fright Nights attractions...

-Studio 13:  The Motel

-Experiment 10

-Blair Witch Project (well, in 2014/2015)

-Cabin in the Woods

-Se7en

Se7en has and always been my favourite attraction, mainly due to the theme. The 7 sins has always been an interest to me, so was very excited when the news came it would open, many years ago. 

As much as I enjoyed The Asylum, it did get very boring after so many years without change. And I assume most of you know, it will never return in its former glory owing to the fact that it came under criticism due to the theme. Though I am sure if they tweaked it slightly they could get away with it under a different name. I am also aware that it's current location is occupied by IAC.

What I would love to see return is a revamped Hellgate. Though it was very dated when it departed, it was still pretty good!

Hellgate was very good, but unfortunately was neglected and left to rot in its final years.

That said, it had a very good atmosphere and had moments of suspense rather than just an actor shouting "boo".

Asylum was the best maze Thorpe have ever done in my opinion, wish they'd bring it back but with a different name (return of The Freezer!)

• 2 months later...

Is this actually confirmed? I know it's what we expect but I can't remember if it's fact.

Saw remains quite a big connection.

I hope it's that it was last year of Lionsgate. The mazes have been going downhill with 2013 the mazes being (well I'm told) very good and then 2015 being pretty poor.

Thorpe needs some new mazes and a VR one would work rather nicely, if they could do it properly.

Is this actually confirmed? I know it's what we expect but I can't remember if it's fact.

Saw remains quite a big connection.

It hasn't been "confirmed" in the sense of Thorpe have said on their site / social media that the Lionsgate mazes aren't returning (unless I've missed it). However, one of the Entertainments staff members at park told a group of us during a BTS tour that they're not returning (hence why a non-film based maze was introduced last year, to have an established maze on park). Take that for what you will, but personally I feel no reason to disbelieve what he said, since everything else he said was true.

^ but it wouldn't be Cabin because Merlin lost their Lionsgate connection.

They haven't "lost" the Lionsgate connection (they still have Saw for example!).  The Fright Nights mazes (BWP, Cabin, MBV) were on a 3 year contract - again, the source being from a BTS tour, but in 2014.  That contract ended last year and, for whatever reason, it seems it hasn't been renewed or extended or anything.  It could be that one of the parties felt like it just wasn't working out, or Thorpe just wanted to go back to original ideas - no one really knows!

---

A VR maze could be interesting.  And when you consider that Thorpe did Freakshow 3D, which tried to combine live action with 3D effects, it isn't a totally absurd idea to suggest.  It would take a lot of work to pull off and be very risky, but if it did work out, it could be amazing.  Not sure if we're at a stage where that can happen just yet though.  

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of Saw alive if they brought it back to 2010 standards.

I would like some variation and stuff changed in saw. that's my problem,

What I would like to see

The Big Top (with improvements made)

The big top needs a new first tent, have the ring leader in there instead of the middle. Have him welcome you to his circus. Out side sections have to go all around the maze unless they don't interrupt the flow. Between tent 1 and 2 you could have something like mbv and iac with the air bags. Hall of mirrors needs to be the hall of mirrors not the hall of black cloth. Longer strobe maze taking up rest of that tent. Where ring leader was they should have the doll section from s13. After that a spinning tunnel. Then to tent 3. The fun house I found boring and everyone I went with found it boring as well, so they could have a changing room with clown costumes or dry cleaning bags hanging down like mbv used to. Then a make up room. We can have the baby and the tilted room after that. If they were to end the maze with a chain saw they could make the last few corridors themed to the grounds with fence's and bins

What would u guys change

What would u guys change

The outdoor section was pointless, It was like having a short break for anyone that was scared. They should make that bit indoors  and put the entrance to the third tent at the start. I see they tried to make The Big Top a bit similar to the asylum but many improvements could be made to bring back Thorpe's most popular horror maze with a clown theme.

• 4 weeks later...

No movies are mentioned. From Tp.com:

EARLY BIRD TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Brave the live action horror mazes, where Liongate’s most terrifying horror films come to life. Iconic scenes from Cabin In the Woods and SAW along with THE BIG TOP come back for another year of screams.

Live action horror mazes return alongside thrilling rides in the dark including THE SWARM, UK’s first winged rollercoaster, SAW – The Ride’s 100ft ‘beyond vertical’ drop and Stealth, one of Europe’s fastest and tallest rollercoasters.

Something new is brewing for 2016, so keep your EYES peeled and mind the gap between now until October

Something related to DBGT?

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • Marc unpinned this topic