Fright Nights 2016

Graw

I would really like a scare zone on Swarm island. It would work well with survivors and be dramatic with all the swarm effects.

They could easily turn the whole island into a scare zone. Foggers, scary lighting, a few actors...

Also, Ive just noticed, the only LG mazes advertised are Cabin and Saw. MBV and Blair haven't been shown like they were on the description last year. Could this mean that only Cabin and Saw will return from the Lionsgate lineup. Cabin has been rated the best maze at Thorpe over the 3 years and Saw has a separate contract which (hopefully) runs out this year. It could be possible that these are the only two returning + The Big Top and the new maze/mazes.

• 3 weeks later...

Have we considered a Derren Brown parkwide take over yet? I find Derren's voice to be quite creepy as it is. He could just be saying random quotes over the PA system. And there would be large room for potential. Has the Lionsgate contract been confirmed?

Idk but the cabin sign is still up and the web site says ....

abf246994ec9390fa9f974ac4d7b8a56.jpg

Almost completely missed the DBGT reference in there. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with if it is related.

Hopefully there'll be more than 1 new attraction though. I don't know if the park would cope with just 4 mazes, considering the queues lately especially if TBWP gets the axe. That was a huge queue sponge.

They certainly seem to be hinting at a link between DBGT and Fright Nights 2016. With two Lionsgate mazes looking like they've been ditched, there's the possibility that they are (finally) considering a proper revamp, which can only be healthy considering how brilliant the event was in my eyes in 2013 and 2014, before a quite disappointing experience last year. Having never been in Experiment 10 I really like the idea of that coming back. Also, does this mean a quick end for Containment too?

Unsure how the money works from Merlin on these, but considering Towers is pretty much set this year for SF with a brilliant set of mazes, Chessington who knows but they've kept Trick or Treat Woods route in tac (joy.) and after last year I've lost all hope of a good event there again, Thorpe probably are going to see the most changes. Big Top will be back and hopefully complete from day one. Saw Alive will be back as part of the Saw contract and they've probably decided Cabin is popular and good so lump that in on that. Assuming Containment will return which I can't see why it won't as it's just sitting in a car park behind MHQ that leaves two unreturning attractions. BW maybe replaced by a similar attraction down that path. So MBV. Who knows, but they'll be silly not to do a maze linked to Ghost Train in some way I'd say. 

It'll be interesting to see if they make use of the shipping containers again.  Given they've gotten a bit beaten up and will need another retheme, I wonder how many years they've got left in them.

If we do see a Ghost Train maze tie in, it'd be interesting to see if Derren / his team have an input on it.  And a more theatrical maze would be just right for Thorpe, to help vary things up!

I am surprised that no one has picked out the odd wording. .

'something new is brewing' - well that has nothing to do with Darren's Brown Goat Training (Training brown goats since 1871).

Brewing? Hmm... Are we going to see a maze themed around my favorite subject  -- Beer ?

p.s. the cabin sign was up on MAP day. I just think they didn't bother taking it down last year,

p.s. the cabin sign was up on MAP day. I just think they didn't bother taking it down last year,

Not surprising really. The maze itself has had a long history of signage being left up all year round. Freak Show's sign was left up with a banner over it stating it's only available for Halloween, Hellgate's sign was left up quite a bit, especially during the 2006 season. The Passing's sign was still there for the majority of the 2013 season. Now Cabin's sign has been untouched.

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • Marc unpinned this topic