Fright Nights 2016

Graw

does anyone know if the queue for DBGT continues inside or not? if they don't do a maze based on it I could see them adding actors into the queue. I could also see containment being rethemed to fit w/ DBGT somehow, seeing as it had many references to it last year

The entire event needs an overhaul... last year was, quite frankly, abysmal. We didn't do Containment as neither me or my friend could justify spending money on it. The changes made to the mazes were minimal at most, and the actors were lack lustre. They were sending people in huge groups because it was busy and they had, surprise surprise, oversold fast track so the back of the group was almost completely ignored.

We went to Tulleys Farm the next day and they had made huge changes to the maze line up, so we didn't know what to expect. I wish Thorpe would do the same.

Hopefully we will be getting a DBGT maze and actors within the queue line, and some more roaming actors! The guests can have so much fun with roaming actors. And maybe they'll control fast track and guest numbers a bit better too.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The entire event needs an overhaul... last year was, quite frankly, abysmal. We didn't do Containment as neither me or my friend could justify spending money on it. The changes made to the mazes were minimal at most, and the actors were lack lustre. They were sending people in huge groups because it was busy and they had, surprise surprise, oversold fast track so the back of the group was almost completely ignored.

We went to Tulleys Farm the next day and they had made huge changes to the maze line up, so we didn't know what to expect. I wish Thorpe would do the same.

Hopefully we will be getting a DBGT maze and actors within the queue line, and some more roaming actors! The guests can have so much fun with roaming actors. And maybe they'll control fast track and guest numbers a bit better too.

I agree with you entirely! Fright Nights 2015 was diabolical, and that's putting it nicely. A full overhaul would be nice but I presume that'll come in 2017. A Derren Brown Maze could work (something like Svengali or The Séance) and one or two actors in the DBGT queue would be nice too (and the Saw q [emoji5])

As you said, more roaming actors would be great too; there wasn't that many last year either.

And of course the persistent overselling of the Fastrack issue... That may never be resolved but we can wish!

does anyone know if the queue for DBGT continues inside or not? if they don't do a maze based on it I could see them adding actors into the queue. I could also see containment being rethemed to fit w/ DBGT somehow, seeing as it had many references to it last year

The full queue is outside (I believe so anyway as the entrance leads straight into the pre show)

I agree with you entirely! Fright Nights 2015 was diabolical, and that's putting it nicely. A full overhaul would be nice but I presume that'll come in 2017. A Derren Brown Maze could work (something like Svengali or The Séance) and one or two actors in the DBGT queue would be nice too (and the Saw q [emoji5])

As you said, more roaming actors would be great too; there wasn't that many last year either.

And of course the persistent overselling of the Fastrack issue... That may never be resolved but we can wish!

The full queue is outside (I believe so anyway as the entrance leads straight into the pre show)

Last year, the best event I went to was Scarefest at Towers, and I did 5 events within the month... It's such a shame that they seem to have given up with decent mazes and creating an atmosphere. We didn't see a single roaming actor last year, not one!

Lemme at the event, I'll be giving people heart attacks [emoji14]

Last year, the best event I went to was Scarefest at Towers, and I did 5 events within the month... It's such a shame that they seem to have given up with decent mazes and creating an atmosphere. We didn't see a single roaming actor last year, not one!

Lemme at the event, I'll be giving people heart attacks [emoji14]

Scarefest was also my favourite last year (I've never screamed so much as I did in Sub Species [emoji23])! All three mazes were outstanding! The shocking difference in quality really bugged me, as surely both events should be consistent, and especially seeing Alton had to cope with the aftermath of The Smiler crash. I even went to a much smaller event with a very low budget in Hemel Hempstead, and even that topped Thorpe!

There was a group of around 6 roaming actors I saw dresses up as clowns or something, but they just walked on by with only one of them interacting with people. I had two actors come out of role in two different mazes (Saw and Cabin)! That kinda ruined the experience :/

I walked around with smudged off horror makeup on the days I went and both times people thought I worked there! Just hide in a dark corner in a maze with some fake blood and no one will be able to tell the difference! ;D

Oh, that made me chuckle! I mean like designing the mazes, I'd change everything. What they don't realise is that using IP mazes, they get old and stale quite quickly. CITW is a few years old now, the rest even older (film wise). MBV wasn't a very good film so how are you going to make a decent maze from it?

Side story, one of my friends decided that there weren't enough actors in a maze we did a few years back, and hid in a corner. Promptly an actor came and started to shout at him in German :')

• 2 months later...

This years line up has been announced! 

Returning -

The Blair Witch Project

SAW: Alive

The Cabin in The Woods

THE BIG TOP

CONTAINMENT

New for 2016 - Platform 15

"Depart on a one way ticket and trek along the overgrown railway line, the last known route of the vanished locomotive — the notorious Sleeper Express. Don't lose your tracks and risk disturbing the haunted souls that were once aboard, where you may just experience the same chilling fate.

Can you outrun what lies at the end of the line or will your journey terminate here, at PLATFORM 15?"

image.jpeg

image.png

Alwo, in Halloween Horror Nights style, characters from previous mazes will be roaming the park!

What are your thoughts on this years line up?

What's Jack Black doing on the right of that last picture?

This is very exciting! Hopefully this will be a good maze unlike pretty much all of last years mazes.

Where is this going to be located though? MBV's location? Somewhere near the Ghost Train? That island behind The Swarm?

Why can't it be Fright Nights now! I'm excited for it and it's only June :D

EDIT: To answer Mark's question:

Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 19.27.26.png

Not surprised to see MBV not returning as staff said how damaged the sets were from the past 2 years, but after them hinting highly that they weren't going to have the Lionsgate mazes anymore I am surprised to see BWP and Cabin back. Hopefully this year they can amp it up and Big top has hopefully had enough constructive criticism for it to really show what it's capable of! New maze sounds... Interesting... 

Saw isn't taking up flat ride space as it is floating. 

Big Top was rushed to completion. There were some great run throughs on it but also awful ones! The fact aspects of it also grew as the event went on shows they were rushed or tried too much. 

I would assume BWP will remain where it is so Platform 15 wouldn't go down the train line. Could easily put a tent somewhere and make it seem like trains. Possibly behind Swarm as that's rumoured a lot now and they were land cleaning again recently I think. 

The roaming actor bit sounds cool though! Although nothing will beat the You're Next characters with their plastic weapons...

9 minutes ago, TallGuyDom said:

Chainsaw actor from asylum roaming the park confirmed?

Also from the description, it sounds like the old train path will be used for the new maze.

If this happens I will probably won't survive the night!

11 minutes ago, Mitchada04 said:

Saw isn't taking up flat ride space as it is floating. 

Big Top was rushed to completion. There were some great run throughs on it but also awful ones! The fact aspects of it also grew as the event went on shows they were rushed or tried too much.

The gigantic queue line is... And they could probably extend the land there if they wanted to.

Agreed with your points about The Big Top. I went on the infamous opening Saturday when everything broke down and Fastrack was nightmare-ishly oversold, and got a terrible run through. The day after, people were saying it was a great maze. Seemed a bit hit and miss. Hopefully they can keep it to a high standard with every run through this year.

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • Marc unpinned this topic