Fright Nights 2016

Graw

I think Big Top had a lot of potential, the exterior was great, but it was just poorly executed..

The first tent was the main reason Big Top gets a lot flak, which is one actor pointing you to a twisted maze of black felt walls with no theming whatsoever..

The second tent is not bad, but throughout the maze it seems to lack actors.

There are some decent scare tactics, but there are so many clowns mazes out there, Big Top being one of the weaker ones..

Thorpe took the wrong approach on big top, as it is more than clear they have been still trying to find a decent replacement to the asylum but settled with BT. They went for the idea of having the scenario loud and crazy when in my 

opinion the best mazes will lack audio and use silence and tension as a fear generator like the 

classics used to do so well, if Thorpe pull this off with platform 15 then I'm hopeful 

20 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

the Brave It Alone was certainly worth the extra money! :D

+1 for this.

I think people forget / don't understand how big a thing Face it Alone is; it's one of only a handful of 'alone' experiences available in the country, the cheapest one about (I think?) and is also pretty darn intense!

Obviously it has a niche market, but it's clearly a sustainable thing for the park to still be doing.

Containment was dire imo. It was quite fun I guess, and the actress in the last room went rather crazy on everyone, but overall it wasn't great.

It wasn't scary in the slightest, the puzzles (excluding the last one) were fairly easy to solve and therefore we progressed quickly. For £8, it's not something I'd do again in a hurry.

I would love to do FIA but sadly I still have another 4 years until I'd be able to :( 

22 minutes ago, MilesK said:

Containment was dire imo. It was quite fun I guess, and the actress in the last room went rather crazy on everyone, but overall it wasn't great.

It wasn't scary in the slightest, the puzzles (excluding the last one) were fairly easy to solve and therefore we progressed quickly. For £8, it's not something I'd do again in a hurry.

I would love to do FIA but sadly I still have another 4 years until I'd be able to :( 

Never seen someone describe something as "dire" and "quite fun" before haha!

1 hour ago, 0wl said:

Thorpe parks snapchat story involving an image which seems to be an (ofcourse) shipping container looking similar to MBV and seems to be in similar location???

MBV return ?

I'm doubting it as surely they would've revealed it with the rest of the lineup. If it's not that though, what could be going in that location. The shipping container hints at a maze, but I'm really not sure..

The Big Top will be on the previous site of MBV this year! Not sure how the maze will be changing but I also believe there will be no outside walk through gap where the public can see you this year (Where the bridge was). Possibly shipping containers could be used but not confirmed.

I don't have any prove of this so only time will tell that I'm right! :) I know it may seem abit suspicious considering I'm using a new account to post this but I do have an account on here which I cannot use to post this info!

The beach was a good location for the bit top because of the interaction of the bridge. 

With it changing location hopefully we will see a layout change and lots of improvements, as the big top was the worst maze I've done at Thorpe on all my run throughs. 

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • Marc unpinned this topic