Fright Nights 2016

Graw

I don't know how TBT will work round the MBV area..

The only good thing about TBT last year was the outside and the atmosphere with amity beach.

Also does this mean something else going to Amity Beach? As I highly doubt another maze coming this year.

And I don't know how there gonna fit TBT into that space, MBV (a fairly small maze) barely squeezed into that space.

2 hours ago, MilesK said:

At least the tents are up fairly early instead of being rushed up last minute like 2015..

"fairly early"? That's a bit of an understatement.. :P

That's a fairly big tent (certainly bigger in height than any others, and size-wise not far off the likes of Curse and Se7en surely?), and there could be space for another tent maybe?  Assuming this is Big Top, I wonder how different it will be..

I expect it will be fairly different. The maze does not have an out door segment this year unfortunately. I'm quite disappointed that it is now going to be a bog standard circus maze as opposed to the carnival-esk feel of last year, moving between each carnival attraction situated in each tent...

It's great to see that they are already building it, rather than the "last minute rush" situation last year.

As for maze itself, I'm glad to see it's in a more permanent-looking tent, hopefully this time it'll actually feel like a horror maze rather than something very temporary.  Also, if it's not having an outside section then they could maybe use some of the theming for the interior.

• JoshC. pinned this topic

Hi all, I've followed these forums for years (since 2012) but have never actually come round to making an account, now I have and I want to know which is the hardest maze to lead in, like which has the darkest scenes to navigate etc. 

I have only done fright nights 3 times and only been in a total of 4 mazes as I am a huge wimp. This year I want to man up and do all the mazes and maybe even lead a few! Thanks to anyone who replies

Welcome to the forums! :)

For me I'd probably say Cabin in the Woods - for the first half of the maze there's no set route as such - some doors take you onwards some take you to a dead end and some take you back to the beginning! That said it's a "free flow"  maze so no hands on the shoulders of the person in front of you!

Infact I think this year Saw Alive is the only one where you have hands on shoulders (unless it changes for this year) so that maybe your best bet to start!

Hope you enjoy! 

Imo Saw is pretty easy to lead as it's just a conga line and isn't particularly dark. CITW you can roam freely which is nice and you might stumble across a few dark rooms but generally it's more about exploration and actors following in that one. Blair Witch is only dark if you do it later at night but even then you can still see some elements of park and it's not claustrophobic as you're outside! Considering TBT could have a possible layout change this year and Platform 15 is new I couldn't say for those yet. I'm sure when FN has its first night there will be reviews posted on here so you'll have time to prepare :)

hmm, I going to disagree with Amy and Marc and say that Saw Alive is one of the more difficult to navigate and lead.  Quite a few of the scenes have a lot of smoke effects, which mean that even though it's not particularly dark, it's hard to tell where you're going.  Also, a few of the scenes are quite open (especially in the first half), making it less obvious where you need to go if you don't know the route.  

Thanks for all the replies! I am going on Sunday the 9th so hopefully it won't be too busy. If any of you are going on the 8th please post reviews and pics to this site and if any of you do YouTube please send links to povs. 

Dont know if you have gathered but I am extremely scared!

Hi all, I've followed these forums for years (since 2012) but have never actually come round to making an account, now I have and I want to know which is the hardest maze to lead in, like which has the darkest scenes to navigate etc. 

I have only done fright nights 3 times and only been in a total of 4 mazes as I am a huge wimp. This year I want to man up and do all the mazes and maybe even lead a few! Thanks to anyone who replies

Out of them all I'd say saw has the most dark scenes. But if u keep walking its not to hard

• Marc unpinned this topic