Fright Nights 2016

Graw

Just now, Coaster Jamie said:

Bit strange that the AP day is after the first weekend, it was always a "preview" day before.

Probably because AP holders moaned too much about stuff not being ready. At least making it later gives them time to iron out any creases before the Annual Problem day event.

Is the first weekend of fright nights always the quietest?

As in 2014 I went the day before Halloween and queued 2 hours for Blair witch and when I went on opening weekend last year I got on saw in 45 mins, big top in an hour and MBV was literally walk on. So overall I queued less for 3 mazes

12 minutes ago, Jack said:

Is the first weekend of fright nights always the quietest?

As in 2014 I went the day before Halloween and queued 2 hours for Blair witch and when I went on opening weekend last year I got on saw in 45 mins, big top in an hour and MBV was literally walk on. So overall I queued less for 3 mazes

Usually its very busy around the October Half Term, but the first weekend should be alright.

But OH god avoid Halloween like the plague, then its practically 3 Hours for any Popular Ride/Maze.

38 minutes ago, Jack said:

Thanks imindetonator! 

Also I know this is off topic, but I live in a place called poundhill in Crawley which is literally less than 5 minutes away from tulleys farm, is it scarier than fright nights or should I finally make my first visit there this season?

Oh definitely, Tulleys is consistantly better than Fright Nights despite the fact the actors there can't touch you. Chop Shop, The Cellar and Haunted Hayride are outstanding attractions which are far superior to anything Thorpe have ever churned out. If you're prepared to travel though, I would definitely reccomend Screamland at Dreamland Margate. I personally think that's one of the best events in the entire country. 

Anyway, back on topic, has anybody noticed that there appear to be solid chipboard walls inside The Big Top from the photo's we've seen? It looks like we may have seen the end of the scaffolding and black felt from last year. Definitely a promising sign that The Big Top will be significantly improved from last years shambles. 

2 hours ago, Jack said:

Thanks imindetonator! 

Also I know this is off topic, but I live in a place called poundhill in Crawley which is literally less than 5 minutes away from tulleys farm, is it scarier than fright nights or should I finally make my first visit there this season?

Everyone has different opinions, I've always say Fright Nights is a lot better but last year I'd say Tulleys was better. 

I'd go Tulleys if I was you seeing as they're all new mazes, but go to both if you can

Does anyone know out of all the dates Fight Nights is running, which are the best ones to go for in order to get the shortest queues? Went last year on the second Saturday and the queues were about 1.5/2 hours for each maze!

Looking at the area around Big Top, it looks like they still have a lot of space to work with for another tent or an outside section...

The red box is where the tent currently is, the blue area is where there is space to use since it can all be closed off (with some of it having been already), and the purple arrows are where the maze could finish.

Screenshot_125.png

6 hours ago, StevenVig said:

Theres nothing on that advert that suggests we will be able to "pick the roaming characters", not sure where this idea has come from

It says on the text at the bottom 'choose who roams the island'.  Unfortunately the picture didn't come up very well. 

You'll just have to take TPM's word for it... ;)

Right, I've now got tickets for this wonderful event! I am jumping on board the hype train and so excited for my first ever Halloween theme park event. Platform 15 should be great.

Does anybody know if there is a ban on cameras within the mazes? I do a YouTune channel (see my Sig below) so I'd like to capture a little of Platform 15 at least :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, cptnmingo said:

Does anybody know if there is a ban on cameras within the mazes? I do a YouTune channel (see my Sig below) so I'd like to capture a little of Platform 15 at least :)

Any photography or recording is strictly prohibited in all mazes. Last year people were allowed to film at the press/passholder night but other than that they have zero tolerance for photos/videos inside the mazes. 

Any photography or recording is strictly prohibited in all mazes. Last year people were allowed to film at the press/passholder night but other than that they have zero tolerance for photos/videos inside the mazes. 

Darn... Not to worry I respect those rules :) I'm gonna aim to become a Merlin Pass Holder next year anyway so theres always that. Hopefully there's still some cool stuff to film like actors around the park (outside of mazes) but who knows!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hey all! Been around ages but here's my first post! I've visited Thorpe several times over the past few days, and have taken a stroll down our infamous Monk's Walk, so I'm taking a guess from what I've gathered as to the route of Fright Night's upcoming PLATFORM 15. Excuse the shoddy Word edited photo, it was just a rough guide. Alongside this, I can certify dearest Miles' previous comment regarding the selection of roamers for this year's event. It will be done similarly to 2013's choice for CITW, that is, voting for given options via Facebook. A more detailed photo of the board by King Pig's Wild Dodgems is here. New advertising was put up both within and out the park I'm assuming on Wednesday night. A banner now hangs where the recruitment poster used to outside. Without spoiling anything of much importance, I believe that the original advertised theme for P15 will be the premise of the maze: venturing down the rail tracks, through the forest, over Logger's lake, encountering the Sleeper Express, and being chased along the trail by it's menacing inhabitants. Although at present being unable to confirm or deny this fact, I believe from the position of the train outside, there will not be an inside section within the maintenance bay. The Big Top continues to have work done, with yellow foam protectors much like last year being placed around the tent support poles. From what can be currently seen, it appears black cladding will again be used to wall the interior. A question I cannot answer yet is why the wooden ramps, used last year to walk over the beach's rock lining and down into the soothsayer's tent, were delivered around Thursday 25th. My only presumption being the possible erection of a final, or further tent. The space is there, although as of Thursday 1st, is currently filled with construction materials. Happy Thorping everyone!

SAM_7143.JPG

SAM_7131.JPG

SAM_7144.JPG

PLATFORM 15 v2.png

9 hours ago, MilesK said:

Any idea if this was the case the year before? I'm sure I remember seeing a few people taking Go Pro's into Studio 13 but I might have imagined it!

27 minutes ago, EpicSmatty said:

Any idea if this was the case the year before? I'm sure I remember seeing a few people taking Go Pro's into Studio 13 but I might have imagined it!

Photography and videos have always been banned from all of Thorpe's (indoor) mazes.  Doesn't stop people trying mind.

Strictly speaking, last year during the AP / media preview, it was only meant to be the media guests who were allowed to film within the mazes.  But it just wasn't enforced properly.  Might be one reason why the media preview is on a different day to the AP preview this season.

• Marc unpinned this topic