Fright Nights 2016

Graw

7 minutes ago, adam_sparks1 said:

The map really does show how close every fright night attraction minus Containment is... I actually kind of like that. But I feel the rest of the park will be really bland on the Halloween side of things.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not a fan for that exact reason. A Halloween event needs something happening in every area in my opinion. It's why I prefer the Scream Park concept as opposed to the Theme park with a Halloween event. A lot smaller, localised round just the mazes and plenty of actors around to keep the atmosphere 

3 minutes ago, adam_sparks1 said:

Despite this 'old town' should have a pretty good atmosphere if they do it well... good audio, roaming actors in the queue and lighting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah but then nothing :D

Towers has a bit of an upper hand with filling out there park with family attractions too. It's going to have a Halloween atmosphere in pretty much the entire park (except for Mutiny bay and Katanga)

Although it depends where Freak Show goes

5 minutes ago, Amarghh said:

Roaming actors should help bring it all together! It'll be interesting to see which areas they put them in. Lots of people didn't see them last year!

I reckon the Actors will stay near the scare mazes, get more traffic going towards that heavily populated area. However I hope they hire more and spread them out. I bet that's what that Zombie Academy is for, Dress 'em up and send them out for an hour or two to make the park look busier with actors ;) 

This year for fright nights I think they need a bit more themeing, last year they experimented a bit more FN Near the Bush BBQ but 

I think they need to put the saw police car back to its original position and just add more themeing to areas that lack themeing like The Jungle and

the Dome/Port.

But apart from that I'm looking forward to FN this year, I'm going on the 15th and 16th of october!,

:D

-Callum

I like how they've included the Roaming Actor route on the park map, nice touch!

Agreed with comments that it feels very much like one half of the park is Halloween and the other isn't, hopefully there will be some parkwide theming and possible actor "shows" (like the fire eaters by Stealth if that's happening this year?) to make up for that.

2 hours ago, LK_ said:

First Sunday, is it normally quiet or busy? 

First Sunday last year was fairly quiet, ride queues were walk on - 15 minutes after 3 o clock. Mazes were about an hour each from 3-5 and about 30 mins after 5, MBV was walk on all day, but Blair witch was 2 hours the entire time it was open

I'm going on the first Saturday. Wanted to do Sunday for that very reason (being much quieter) but unfortunately that was the only date my group was free. Hoping queues won't be awful, I didn't get round all of the mazes last time so BWP still new to me but I think I went later in the season. Getting there for 10, hopefully will fit everything in.

The queue-times.com website is pretty useful for historic queue times although doesn't have mazes on there. Being a stats geek I'm all over that.

Definitely would prefer to do platform 15 after dark though, I know its open from 3 but I don't feel like it will have the same effect unless its just a ton of shipping containers joined together for 400m lol... also I couldn't seem to find where Thorpe park are asking which roaming characters to bring back, I remember they had weird monk people one year? And you're next actors another.

3 hours ago, jessica2 said:

I'm going on the first Saturday. Wanted to do Sunday for that very reason (being much quieter) but unfortunately that was the only date my group was free. Hoping queues won't be awful, I didn't get round all of the mazes last time so BWP still new to me but I think I went later in the season. Getting there for 10, hopefully will fit everything in.

The queue-times.com website is pretty useful for historic queue times although doesn't have mazes on there. Being a stats geek I'm all over that.

Definitely would prefer to do platform 15 after dark though, I know its open from 3 but I don't feel like it will have the same effect unless its just a ton of shipping containers joined together for 400m lol... also I couldn't seem to find where Thorpe park are asking which roaming characters to bring back, I remember they had weird monk people one year? And you're next actors another.

I believe the roaming actor reveal and voting will be released soon :)

Interestingly they have used the name Creek Tours, when the area is now known as Old Town?

I have very very low expectations for this, I truly believe this will be just like Dead End, the shockingly laughable Scare Zone they once had. Simply reusing old ride theming and parts, this seems no different. We shall see though

I imagine Creek Tours is a nod to the previous name of the area (and it sounds a bit better than Old Town Tours in my opinion).

I think one thing this has really going for it is the location - it seems to start at CCR and finish by Samurai, so you'll be going along next to a heavily forest.  Definitely has potential to be very creepy at night! 

• Marc unpinned this topic