Fright Nights 2016

Graw

2 hours ago, StevenVig said:

I have very very low expectations for this, I truly believe this will be just like Dead End, the shockingly laughable Scare Zone they once had. Simply reusing old ride theming and parts, this seems no different. We shall see though

I hope it'll be better than that considering it's replaced a scare maze.  The standard of this attraction needs to be very high IMO.

Was on park today and its fair to say theres still ALOT of work going on around the big top! Is it just me or is it a lot bigger than it was last year? I know its different a tent but space for space wise it looks bigger.

IMG_2754_new_new.jpg

http://www.themeparkguide.biz/news/news-thorpe-park/fright-nights-2016-construction

They did say TBT has 'new scenes' on the park map so maybe it's extended by quite a bit? Didn't go last year so I'm hoping that when I go this year they've fixed the multitude of issues it has I've read about on this forum!

Cabin in the woods and saw alive don't say new scenes but I remember reading them saying saw alive has a 'new twist' for 2016 and mentioned jigsaw, wonder what that will be! 

7 hours ago, jessica2 said:

They did say TBT has 'new scenes' on the park map so maybe it's extended by quite a bit? Didn't go last year so I'm hoping that when I go this year they've fixed the multitude of issues it has I've read about on this forum!

TBF Big Top's problems didn't lie in the length.

The Maze was actually pretty long compared to the rest!

But I think the new layout/tent may iron out some of TBT issues.

On 23/09/2016 at 9:54 PM, Coaster Jamie said:

I hope it'll be better than that considering it's replaced a scare maze.  The standard of this attraction needs to be very high IMO.

Well considering its replacing MBV it should be a easy job.

Platform is basically replacing a 1 minute walk through dark shipping containers..

I think the stable-ness of TBT is really going to help it. The exterior last year was great with the stands and the outdoor bit but it lacked that stability inside. Hoping to do a backstage tour of TBT and platform 15 this year to see how much has changed since last year. Dunno if it'll be new new scenes or just new scenes meaning they moved an old one around a bit...

Can't remember if this has been mentioned somewhere, but I've noticed in the Megastore there is a sign saying that Fright Nights 15 merchandise is coming soon.  From what I heard, last year's merch was a trial to see if there was demand for it, and they were going to consider expanding the range if it proved extremely popular.

Will be interesting to see what they bring out this season - whether it'll be the same sort of stuff (mugs, t-shirts, pens, notepads, etc.) with new designs, or whether they do expand it more / bring out more maze-specific stuff!

1 minute ago, jonny9403 said:

Has anyone here done a bts of cabin in the woods before. If so I remember on my booking email it says something about being able to take photos and videos inside at some points, how much are you aloud to capture

I've done BTS for the last 2 years and they tell you when you can take pictures and stuff but not too sure what they said about videos so just ask when you get there :)

10 hours ago, jonny9403 said:

Has anyone here done a bts of cabin in the woods before. If so I remember on my booking email it says something about being able to take photos and videos inside at some points, how much are you aloud to capture

I did Cabin & Saw last year and was the only one on the tour so my host said take photos/videos of anything you wish, photos defiantly aloud but would ask about video as not sure if that was a one off :)

after seeing Blair Witch yesterday, I'm really excited to see how Thorpe have expanded on the maze. I'm hoping rather than just having a small shed at the end, they incorporate the actual house. there's loads of possibilities of new scares from the new film...I just hope they've done more than add an extra tent or something, which wouldn't suprise me

12 hours ago, imindetonator said:

TBF Big Top's problems didn't lie in the length.

The Maze was actually pretty long compared to the rest!

But I think the new layout/tent may iron out some of TBT issues.

Well considering its replacing MBV it should be a easy job.

Platform is basically replacing a 1 minute walk through dark shipping containers..

lol MBV seemed quite lacking in actors on my go through it, all I remember is the crawling through the tunnel which didn't scare me was just a bit strange.  I think mixing the indoor and outdoor for P15 could be interesting, Ouija boards sounds a cool idea too.

Regarding TBT, I meant I hope they have taken the feedback and are making changes for the better, good to know it isn't short though!

For face it alone, can you go in a 2 or 3 or does it have to be alone? I think I am too chicken to do it actually alone, but I did the tom spindler mazes in London when they popped up in a group of 2 which was great fun and terrifying. It sounds like the only experience that could compare to those ones in terms of scare factor!

2 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

lol MBV seemed quite lacking in actors on my go through it, all I remember is the crawling through the tunnel which didn't scare me was just a bit strange.  I think mixing the indoor and outdoor for P15 could be interesting, Ouija boards sounds a cool idea too.

Regarding TBT, I meant I hope they have taken the feedback and are making changes for the better, good to know it isn't short though!

For face it alone, can you go in a 2 or 3 or does it have to be alone? I think I am too chicken to do it actually alone, but I did the tom spindler mazes in London when they popped up in a group of 2 which was great fun and terrifying. It sounds like the only experience that could compare to those ones in terms of scare factor!

Face It Alone has to be Alone, the staff usually send you in one by one, previous years I have been the only one in there but for Saw last year we got sent in separate then joined the rest of the group where the actors basically just made it feel like the actual movie! 

3 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

It's fully alone, although at one point in big top last year I was handcuffed to a pipe next to Jack and Amy, but they soon split us up again :P 

Never had my clothes taken off during FIA, it's more about the feel of terror. Won't say what happened properly but being made to crawl for a substantial amount of time and being handled in a way when actors are screaming at you in pitch black is a form of 'extreme' without touching on the McKamey Manor-feel of things. I liked it waaaay more when the group joined up at the end and the joint interaction! 

I've never experienced anything overtly sexual in Face it Alone.  A couple of things, but they've all been in context. 

The extreme experiences offered in Face it Alone were all well thought out last year and had context within the maze added to them.  It's not just "let's get nude and chuck people about" (which ws what Asylum was like at times I believe).

• Marc unpinned this topic