Fright Nights 2016

Graw

1 hour ago, jessica2 said:

I also read a review on the asylum one that the actors were fully nude, are they allowed to do that :o lol I suppose they warn you before you go in but what do you say, can they at least put some pants on haha.

There a nude woman in Saw last year, you have to sign a form before going in which basically states you may be exposed to nudity, strong language, violent scenes etc. and there not lying, It all depends which actors are in that maze on how extreme it is, out of all three I have done the actors in Saw last year were just on a whole another level and they did everything and anything they were allowed! 

EDIT - I can confirm I was stripped to my boxers last year in saw and things just got more extreme as it went on

oh my god!! I mean I wouldn't mind the actors wearing (or not wearing) whatever, but for them to ask you to do that aswell probably a bit too much for me if I'm honest. The line has to be drawn somewhere lol

I'd love to do something scarier than the typical fright night maze experience which is what attracted me to it, but I don't understand how me taking my jumper off is going to add anything to my experience haha. Agreed on the extreme=nudity, its like the channel 4 of the maze world...

and I'm guessing the actors are allowed to do more than just a tap on the shoulder? lol. I think its a good thing they can express themselves more so than when the maze is open to the public though.

I did The Big Top Face It Alone - and spent most of it on my knees with a ball gag in my mouth haha. It was pretty fierce - did get pushed about a fair bit and shouted at etc. but it was still in good humour! I'd definitely do it again - the best bit was seeing the actors afterwards in Finn's Bar asking "Did you enjoy that guys?" :D And you think - wait a minute - just now you were a big baby covering my face in shaving foam and straw :P

I'm not much of a horror maze guy,so I guess I'm pretty naive when it comes to face it alone. I used to think that the maze and the actors behaviour would be the same as on conventional run-throughs, only with the twist of doing the maze on your own. However, after reading others experiences, I can safely say that FIA sounds like my absolute idea of hell. 

I just don't find being scared enjoyable. My fear is probably spurred from doing The asylum 3 years ago. It was my fist ever maze and the whole experienced really terrified me. There was absolutely no let up in the asylum - not time to relax. Actors absolutely everywhere. 

Since then I've done Blair, Cabin and Saw twice each. Though I didn't really enjoy any of them.

Cabin in the Wood: The Maze****

FRIGHT NIGHTS veterans will be familiar with this classic as it returns for its third season. In this attraction be prepared for anything including getting totally lost and even separated from your group as you take on the who’s who of the horror genre. Discover the secret that lies within the seemingly innocent rustic cabin and keep your wits about you to outsmart the creatures that embody the secret of the Cabin in the Woods.

The Blair Witch Project: Scare Zone**

Don’t be fooled by this scare zone’s two-star rating, the legend of the Blair Witch is alive and well and waiting for you to enter her domain. Following Lionsgate's recent release of Blair Witch, the highly anticipated sequel to horror classic The Blair Witch Project, we’ve upped our game with this chilling journey into the cursed woods with new scenes and twists. Venture deeper into the Black Hills Forest and face the truth behind the legend of the Blair Witch. Remember: Never spend the night. Never look in her eyes. Never turn away from the corner. There’s something evil hiding in the woods - dare you enter after night fall?

SAW Alive: The Maze****

FRIGHT NIGHTS favourite Jigsaw is back, and guess what? He wants to play a game. There’s a reason we keep inviting him back year after year and now it’s time for you to come face to face with the sadistic Billy puppet and face his nightmarish challenges. Wind your way through his lair, escape his twisted traps and discover what it means to be alive. Live or die, make your choice.

THE BIG TOP *****

Completely reimagined for 2016, grab your tickets for the greatest scare on Earth as the carnival comes to town once again this October. If creepy clowns aren’t your thing, we advise you to stay away from the Figaro Bros. and their cast of warped miscreants whose particular brand of entertainment we can guarantee will do anything but leave a smile on your face.

Platform 15

Before Dark**

After Dark*****

All aboard! NEW FOR 2016, take your turn to walk the Island’s deserted railroad in the newest live action scare maze to join the notorious FRIGHT NIGHTS line-up. Depart on a one way ticket and trek along the overgrown railway line, the last known route of the vanished locomotive – the infamous Sleeper Express. Don’t lose your tracks and risk disturbing the haunted souls that were once aboard or you may just experience the same chilling fate. Can you outrun what lies at the end of the line? Dare you try it after dark and take on a whole new level of fear?

22 hours ago, imindetonator said:

Well considering its replacing MBV it should be a easy job.

Platform is basically replacing a 1 minute walk through dark shipping containers..

That is very true, but if you go back a few years the event ran with five high calibre mazes.  Whilst I agree that MBV was dross last year, I still think an indoor maze shouldn't be replaced with something that takes place mostly/partly outdoors unless the standard of said attraction is outstanding.

Cabin in the Wood: The Maze****

FRIGHT NIGHTS veterans will be familiar with this classic as it returns for its third season. In this attraction be prepared for anything including getting totally lost and even separated from your group as you take on the who’s who of the horror genre. Discover the secret that lies within the seemingly innocent rustic cabin and keep your wits about you to outsmart the creatures that embody the secret of the Cabin in the Woods.

This is Cabin's fourth season!

On 26 September 2016 at 10:25 AM, jessica2 said:

I also read a review on the asylum one that the actors were fully nude, are they allowed to do that :o lol I suppose they warn you before you go in but what do you say, can they at least put some pants on haha.

Sounds like the review I put on ? The asylum face it alone was by far the best brave it alone I've ever done 

1 hour ago, Mitchada04 said:

I liked the music from last year, was the only good thing about Big Top. Seems like an unnecessary expense but hey ho, really going all out to make it different to last year. 

yeah in their words 'completely reimagined' whatever that means, I don't know if there was much of a storyline last time but maybe this will change? I heard there was a poor opening scene with a clairvoyant or something like that before.

Also may have been asked before but can you buy single maze fast track?

I agree it's sad to see Thorpe history not being kept in its original condition, but given that train has set in a shed for nearly 5 years doing nothing but gathering dust and not being seen by anyone, I'd much rather it be given some purpose.  I'd be sadder if they had graffiti-ed some of the old Thorpe stuff stored on display elsewhere, since that's actually seen / used.

• Marc unpinned this topic