Fright Nights 2016

Graw

Spoiler free review of Fright Nights this year:

The Big Top - 9/10 - Massive improvement on last year! Extremely disorientating and extremely scary! I was tickled, grabbed, pinned in the corner; absolutely crazy!

Cabin in the Woods - 8/10 - Very good maze once again this year. Lots of actors, great theming. Finale was slightly anti-climatic however.

Containment - 6/10 - Also massively improved from last year. Some new rooms, some returning rooms. Puzzles were quite challenging too. Still not that scary though

Saw Alive - 5/10 - Saw wasn't great. Minimal actors and the ones who were there clearly wanted to go home.

Blair Witch - 3.5/10 - Only just better than Platform, due to the spooky red lights and the fact that it actually made me jump in places. Still a poor maze with very little actors.

Platform 15 - 3/10 - Very very poor. Started off promising but from the train onwards it was terrible. No more than 5 actors in the entire thing.

The roaming actors from Experiment 10 were fantastic; saw them quite a lot as well. One of them knew my name somehow :mellow:

Overall, this Fright Nights is great. While it's an awful lot better than last year, there is still huge room for improvement!

Not surprised they got told to tone it down but still looking forward to it! I'm curious to see how they do it for Platform 15 but I secretly want Big Top again <3 had a really good night tonight! did The Big Top 3 times and the second run was incredible. Platform 15 was really good tonight also, actors went hard and it showed. Saw is definitely the weakest maze for me this year though

Face It Alone in Saw last year was just a whole another level like it was just extreme and lasted for what seemed to be forever, Its a shame this year it was tonned down but also there was less actors and the experience was alot shorter. It was still good though but not the best...I secretly wanted Platform 15 or Big Top as done Cabin in 2014

9 minutes ago, Ben Mower said:

Face It Alone in Saw last year was just a whole another level like it was just extreme and lasted for what seemed to be forever, Its a shame this year it was tonned down but also there was less actors and the experience was alot shorter. It was still good though but not the best...I secretly wanted Platform 15 or Big Top as done Cabin in 2014

what did they change this year for Saw?

Spinning tunnel hasn't been active for few years now, I remember they mentioned about 2 years back in a backstage tour that the reason it is out is because it was using to much power and kept cutting everything else in the maze out. It is basically too much money to remove it from the building so now it just sits there broken which sucks.  

19 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Does anyone know why several of the effects are not in use in Cabin this year?  There was the air blast coming from the wolf head, spinning tunnel, moving patterns on the walls in the queue (now static), all of which were not working on my run-throughs this year.

Haven't seen any of those work since 2014, well the Tunnel has been broken since Cabin's first year..

I guess special effects in Merlin's hands don't last long anyways..  Scorpion Express anyone? :lol:

18 hours ago, imindetonator said:

Haven't seen any of those work since 2014, well the Tunnel has been broken since Cabin's first year..

I guess special effects in Merlin's hands don't last long anyways..  Scorpion Express anyone? :lol:

I do hope that's sarcasm, Scorpion rarely has all of its effects off, if any (true the water was off for a while not long ago... but still)

1 hour ago, ChessingtonSam said:

I do hope that's sarcasm, Scorpion rarely has all of its effects off, if any (true the water was off for a while not long ago... but still)

After a few rides on Scorpion this year, the effects are very infrequent, or off completely..

Scorpion is just one example.. Inferno's mist effects, Tidal Waves fire, Ect.

1 hour ago, imindetonator said:

After a few rides on Scorpion this year, the effects are very infrequent, or off completely..

Scorpion is just one example.. Inferno's mist effects, Tidal Waves fire, Ect.

That's weird, I've never seen the fire off, and the water tends to have one long period of being off a year - but then again so does water in general at Chessie.

On 13/10/2016 at 9:16 PM, Coaster Jamie said:

Does anyone know why several of the effects are not in use in Cabin this year?  There was the air blast coming from the wolf head, spinning tunnel, moving patterns on the walls in the queue (now static), all of which were not working on my run-throughs this year.

Wolf head was working last night! 

After going in containment I would love to see that idea of doing the tasks but instead in saw alive, ofcourse this will never happen but I always thought it would give the maze and tasks more meaning and a more saw feel but this will never happen :((((

• Marc unpinned this topic