Graw

Fright Nights 2016

Ok so, this is gonna be kind of a review but probably mostly rambling because I can't help it xD and apologies in advance for the photo dump!!

I went 3 days to Fright Nights this year, on the first Sunday and then again on the 30th and 31st staying at the hotel in between.

There was definitely a huge difference in queue times between the first time we went and the last couple of days, though that's to be expected. If we hadn't had fast track wristbands for the 30th and 31st it would probably have been a miserable time queuing as almost everything was over an hour, with all the mazes being almost constant 120 minutes even in the last hour before closing. On 31st the queue for the ghost train was 180 minutes from the gate with a 1 hour long snake of people before you even got to join the 180 minute queue o.O that's crazy! For some reason we were allowed to use our fast track bands and so only had to queue 30 minutes.... (We were confused as we thought the ultimate FT didn't include Ghost Train, but we weren't gonna argue!)

Anyways, having FT over the last two days meant we were able to do all of the rides a couple times in the day and multiple times again at night. If I go the same time next year I will definitely purchase FT again because I can't stand queuing, it drives me nuts.

Rides wise, slammer was broken all weekend poor thing, but everything else I wanted to go on was fine, Stealth didn't break for once while I was there :D Swarm broke twice but not for too long.

Mazes on the first Sunday of Fright Nights were far better than on the last couple of nights. On the first Sunday we didn't have FT and queues were 45 mins max, we ran Cabin twice in a row because there wasn't a queue and we were being put in in groups of about 8. On the last couple nights they were squashing us into every maze in groups of around 16, sometimes more, which was pretty sucky! 

Saw Alive:

Ran this about 4 times this year, 2 out of 4 were good. When you get put in in a gigantic group and you end up running into the group in front it's just awful. I finally got to lead which I was happy about, but when I did there weren't many actors in there. I did the backstage tour and really enjoyed seeing the maze in all its glory. My main disappointment was not getting this one for face it alone T_T 

Platform 15:

Did this twice, first time was decent mainly thanks to one particular actor who separated me from the group when I was at the back and kept me back for a bit. Second time I lead and there were barely any actors in there :( the ones that were there just ignored me to go for the huddling group of girls behind me xD I guess I needed to look more scared! At least I got to see the conducter being at the front, as I totally missed that bit being at the back. It starts out decent but that tunnel bit is just pointless >.<

Cabin in the Woods:

Probably my favourite maze just because it's easy to ditch everyone and run it by yourself xD Did it 4 times and 3 of those I managed to lose everyone the entire way through. Finally got to see the sugarplum fairy so that was nice :3 Creepiest dude in there was the killer clown, he was pretty good haha. I also got Cabin as my second face it alone and I enjoyed it. Come away with a lot of bruises but they're worth it haha. Got a mask souvenir too which is cool :3 The actor who was picking the order of ppl going into face it alone was epic!! Best actor I saw out of the 3 days I was there. He was pretty damn creepy but also had us in stitches laughing at the way he took ppl in, kinda wish I could've let him know just how awesome he was.

Blaire Witch:

Did this twice, easily the most rubbish one for me. First run through our group ran into the back of another and then the group behind ran into us, it ended up just being a queue in the woods in the dark >.< Second time I got to be at the front of the group, the red lights weren't working, kinda like Platform none of the actors really went for me, I guess I need to stop strolling forward casually xD and even though I tried to slow us down we still ran into the back of another group cos they had stopped before the hut and wouldn't go through for ages. 

Big Top:

I never got to do the old Big Top so I don't have anything to compare it to. I did this one 3 times. Definitely enjoyable and the strobes personally make it the creepiest of the mazes to me. Actor interaction was good in there everytime, much like in Cabin. Love the different rooms in there. It's true what people were saying about light bleeding through in the daytime which does ruin the strobes a bit so better done in the dark. 

I got my first face it alone in here and it was pretty epic xD I won't say much ofc but feel free to PM me if you want more info. I'll post a photo of me afterwards anyhow, those clowns were brutal xD haha, loved it though!

Containment:

Because we were hotel guests we had to book our slot, when we showed up it turned out it was just the two of us, we were worried at first but afterwards we were really glad to be in there without anyone else. The actors were fantastic, interaction was constant since it was just us two which made it extra special. We failed the first two rooms as we were finding our feet haha, but with hints from the actors we completed the last two at least :3 

Roaming actors:

We saw them on the first Sunday of Fright Nights, didn't get to interact with them but they were going for people. We didn't see them at all on 30th and 31st T_T I guess it was just way too busy. Loved how the ceremony actors on 31st terrorised everyone after the ceremony ended though haha. 

Overall I had a bloomin great time and can't wait for October 2017 <3

My dad took a couple of videos if anyone's interested, one is of the ceremony and the other is just when he realised I was last through Big Top face it alone so he whipped out his phone when he heard the chainsaw and caught the last surprise as I exited.

Ceremony:

Big Top face it alone exit:

IMG-20161101-WA0059.jpg

IMG-20161102-WA0024.jpg

IMG_20161030_222900096.jpg

IMG-20161101-WA0054.jpg

IMG-20161101-WA0073.jpg

IMG_20161031_093443840.jpg

IMG_20161101_110458718.jpg

On 4 November 2016 at 8:27 PM, holtjammy16 said:

They should go back to having fright nights on some non-half term weekdays if it's still consistently jam packed

I totally agree....I think this could help overcrowding because half term evenings are 90% teenagers.

Does anyone know where to find a high quality recording of the indoor audio for The Big Top 2016? I loved the soundtrack, and I think the really upbeat music worked quite well with the strobes. Gave it a sense of danger :) I know IMAscore said they'd release it but has anyone heard anything from that?

13 hours ago, Joester said:

Does anyone know where to find a high quality recording of the indoor audio for The Big Top 2016? I loved the soundtrack, and I think the really upbeat music worked quite well with the strobes. Gave it a sense of danger :) I know IMAscore said they'd release it but has anyone heard anything from that?

I have been meaning to ask this same question - I absolutely love that music!  

23 hours ago, Joester said:

I know IMAscore said they'd release it but has anyone heard anything from that?

Apparently Merlin won't allow them to release it :/