Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

There were articles out in the Metro (and another paper I can't quite remember) online within an hour of the incident...

What made me laugh was members of the public proposing the tickets that sold out so quickly this morning had gone to workers and their friends and family... Though I guess they don't know about the amount of free tickets workers are given already  :rolleyes:

It was probably not their fault that it started before 10:00! For goodness sake, Merlin might not be the best company in the world for customer satisfaction, but can they help it if the system went live too early? Had it started on time, people STILL would be claiming that it was unfair, that they did not last long enough. I'm not the biggest Merlin fan ever, but people honestly want to bash them whenever possible.

Go and buy your 12p tickets that will inevitably arrive on eBay in the upcoming days.

I contrast to you. I normally love merlin. But once a person spends an hour of their life which is wasted, a person won't be happy. This is one of the first things that has annoyed me about merlin.

I understand that Alton towers has midweek closures but enthusiasts just moan about it. This shows how negative enthusiasts are sadly (generally). This time it was the GP angry which is a LOT worse for the park.

To the honest for merlin, any media is good media (not Smiler) so I am now less angry than I originally was.

The sense of entitlement is hilarious. Think about it, if they sold out that quickly, the chances of getting one would have been remote anyway.

I find it genuinely amazing and hope the anger brigade, once they find something really worth caring about, fight for it because all this over 12 pence tickets has to be my favourite Merlin moment of the last five years.

I contrast to you. I normally love merlin. But once a person spends an hour of their life which is wasted, a person won't be happy. This is one of the first things that has annoyed me about merlin.

I understand that Alton towers has midweek closures but enthusiasts just moan about it. This shows how negative enthusiasts are sadly (generally). This time it was the GP angry which is a LOT worse for the park.

To the honest for merlin, any media is good media (not Smiler) so I am now less angry than I originally was.

Surely you still would have been angry if They had gone up at 10 exactly and you missed out despite trying for an hour?!

Surely you still would have been angry if They had gone up at 10 exactly and you missed out despite trying for an hour?!

I think what personally bugged me the most was the fact that the tickets were sold out by 9:54-9:55am at the latest and now thorpe park claim that tickets went on sale 2-3minutes early due to a technical difficulty. The tickets must have been on sale by 9:52-9:53 LATEST to sell out by 9:54 so either someone within the customer services/social media department has appalling maths or they are just placing another lie on top of the fact that the tickets would be released at 10am in the first place.

It doesn't affect me that much, because I wasn't planning on going unless I managed to get a 12p ticket and now I have no more intentions of going anyway(will be at Blackpool and Paultons Park instead) however I think thorpe park personally deserve a lot of negative press as they've been skating along on thin ice for a long time, with operations and customer care at a minimum level so maybe a dip in attendance for this new ride opening will give them a kick up the backside and make them realise they need to actually show they want to be providing a high quality, customer-caring day out.

All these people had just bought fastrack tickets to the sale, it's the Merlin way!

I thought it was damn obvious from when it was announced that this stunt would piss if more people than it pleased with such a limited number. And so it came to pass.

Shop and merch looks stunning.

The thing is this sale was never a sale in Merlin's eyes. It's a publicity stunt and releasing the tickets early has made the stunt even more successful. Most read story on BBC news for hours mentioning DBGT throughout the article. They couldn't have got better advertising if they tried. For once I think Thorpe have done pretty well.

Oh and the shop is looking pretty damn good.

It was probably not their fault that it started before 10:00! For goodness sake, Merlin might not be the best company in the world for customer satisfaction, but can they help it if the system went live too early? Had it started on time, people STILL would be claiming that it was unfair, that they did not last long enough. I'm not the biggest Merlin fan ever, but people honestly want to bash them whenever possible.

Go and buy your 12p tickets that will inevitably arrive on eBay in the upcoming days.

It's not rocket science to set a page to go live at a specific time, most servers clocks are more accurate than the clock on your kitchen wall, if you tell it to go live at 10.00am, it's not going to go live at 9.55am by 'mistake'.

I got the sold out message at 9.57am, so this was either deliberate, or a monumental ****up, if the former, their web developer should find another career.

It's a fudge up, and Thorpe's statement later in the day was also very poorly worded in a slightly unprofessional manner... Do not turn around to annoyed public and essentially go "We don't wanna listen to your constant moaning about this"...

Wonder what people on here are like when they try and book gig tickets, Muse lasted a similar amount of time for two nights worth!

Shop looks decent, most of the PROPER Merlin shops (I.e. Not shipping containers) are though, probably because it's more likely to get goons spending top dollar...

I understand that Alton towers has midweek closures but enthusiasts just moan about it. This shows how negative enthusiasts are sadly (generally).

How did you devise that? And how are we meant to be positive about that?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic