Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

1 hour ago, Owen said:

It's really becoming quite irritating how sour people are being about the ride not opening on time, it's funny at first but honestly it's becoming painful to read this thread because of how many silly comments there are. :unsure:

Most of us are not sour, it's just fun to tease about it never opening and joking about stuff.Happened with the smiler too and most new ride openings come to think of it. It's not like Thorpe are keeping us entertained!

When interesting information is released, we will talk about it but until then, let's get silly!

11 hours ago, KingNemesis said:

Getting around 800 to 1'000 an hour in the peak operation times is not what could be termed as rubbish throughput... It certainly gets more now than Galactica does I'd wager... Which would make it the 4th highest throughput coaster on park now I believe...

Don't write opinions as facts

Galactica does about 28 per hour I think. I timed it once and got about that number ;)

Just come back from Europa park and I'm sure every coaster there eats queues silver star for example is 1800 people per hour, blue fire runs 5 trains ect you literally do not stop in the queues for more than like 20 seconds its like a slow walk to the station when the rides run at capacity

On 1 June 2016 at 11:40 AM, Benin said:

Getting around 800 to 1'000 an hour in the peak operation times is not what could be termed as rubbish throughput... It certainly gets more now than Galactica does I'd wager... Which would make it the 4th highest throughput coaster on park now I believe...

Don't write opinions as facts...

On the contrary, on a three train operation it was running perfectly when I visited last month. No stacking and a flawless operation. Galactia throughput is awful on two trains but its sublime on three. (although this is based on what I saw and not what the actual facts compared to Air may be)

SouthParks have posted a video showcasing the various steps in creating the advert for Derren Brown's Ghost Train on their Facebook page.

It also includes a slightly differing version of the advert, including a new scene toward the end of the advert that may hint to some of the movement that riders may experience within the ride.

It's a pretty poor behind the scenes video to be honest...

It shows the how the most obvious sections were done...

The problem is it was a video the same length as the advert and it played the full advert... They brushed over things very quickly.

If you want to see how a proper behind the scenes video is done. See here:

Also before anyone starts... I know this is for a multi million dollar film, I'm not expecting the same quality but it should at least show the effects a bit more rather that:

THORPE PARK! NEXT! FOG! NEXT! PEOPLE SAT ON GREEN SCREEN BOX! NEXT! TRAIN!!! NEXT!

On 01/06/2016 at 6:29 PM, Owen said:

It's really becoming quite irritating how sour people are being about the ride not opening on time, it's funny at first but honestly it's becoming painful to read this thread because of how many silly comments there are. :unsure:

Its not being sour TBH.

There isn't all that much to talk about as we don't much information yet as KingNemesis said..

Plus its just teasing, it isn't like were Merlin bashing..

On 02/06/2016 at 1:28 AM, Morgan.B said:

I'm surprised none of you are mad that the new Maze Runner film has been pushed back to 2018... Imagine if we were all in that community instead...

They can always read the books...

(There probably better than the film anyway)

Not really ride related but I found it faintly amusing...

For those that don't know I work at a place that runs youth schemes for disabled teenagers, and being back from uni now I'm back at work over half term. The kid I was with on Wednesday demanded that I typed into YouTube 'Derren Brown's Ghost Train' and he chose a few videos almost at random; and we spent the next 20 minutes watching through one of MilesK's vlogs. What a coincidence :)

12 minutes ago, Benin said:

I hope they open it midweek just to watch all the schoolchild tears because they couldn't get first public ride...

Well they commonly do this anyway

Swarm - Thursday

Stealth - Wednesday

Colossus - Friday

DBGT - (Originally) Friday

I know Friday isn't midweek but it's still within school time and I don't think any of them were half term (I'm too lazy to check).

A month on from the original proposed opening date, I can't help thinking that this delay will have had a massive effect for Thorpe's attendance. 

It's been 30 days that have undoubtedly seen people hold off from visiting the park due to the unavailability of the parks new BIG ride.

It's been 30 days which could have seen Thorpe's attendance rise due to a new major investment.

Its been 30 days which have left this thread with little to talk about...

I'm just hoping, for Merlin's sake, that this ride opens soon!

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic