Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

That explains that then, they rode it and said "HEY THIS IS HOW IT HAPPENED". Trust me, they're lying.

And again there has NOT been a single backstage tour.

To be fair they said no cameras and don't reveal secrets but let the press strap go pros on and film it and put online

With this ride, I want to love it but I can't change it from 4.5/10 after yesterday.

When I rode it yesterday I was hoping to maybe end up liking it and I was also hoping a few things would be fixed since the technical rehearsals. However, it gave me the same opinion as I've always had and it just left me saying "was that it?", like at the technical reheasal.

1 hour ago, Equoaster said:

With this ride, I want to love it but I can't change it from 4.5/10 after yesterday.

When I rode it yesterday I was hoping to maybe end up liking it and I was also hoping a few things would be fixed since the technical rehearsals. However, it gave me the same opinion as I've always had and it just left me saying "was that it?", like at the technical reheasal.

Did you experience anything different at all? Different characters, ending etc? 

Having gone to Thorpe today as part of a network camp I finally rode dbgt, much earlier than expected to be honest.

Unfortunately first time the ride stopped at the beginning of the first vr sequence. So the ride skipped the first vr and we were rushed to the actor bit with no introduction to what was going on at all. The ending then looked shocking, some ps1 games have better graphics. Anyway we were then offered to ride again which we did. Unfortunately this time the actors didn't care. They didn't touch anyone and the whole thing was very disappointing. I can't give it more than 3/10 just because the way I experienced it. I wouldn't queue more than 20 minutes for it which is disappointing as it had so much potential.

10 hours ago, Project LC said:

Having gone to Thorpe today as part of a network camp I finally rode dbgt, much earlier than expected to be honest.

Unfortunately first time the ride stopped at the beginning of the first vr sequence. So the ride skipped the first vr and we were rushed to the actor bit with no introduction to what was going on at all. The ending then looked shocking, some ps1 games have better graphics. Anyway we were then offered to ride again which we did. Unfortunately this time the actors didn't care. They didn't touch anyone and the whole thing was very disappointing. I can't give it more than 3/10 just because the way I experienced it. I wouldn't queue more than 20 minutes for it which is disappointing as it had so much potential.

I had a very similar experience to you last Sunday. Two rather terrible rides on it that lowered my opinion on it.

Luckily, I got on a third time during the day, and the experience was a whole lot better! Loads of effects, very immersive VR, actors trying their hardest! The graphics of the second VR though are awful though, I do have to agree. It's the worst part of the ride for sure. 

23 hours ago, Equoaster said:

It was more or less the same with some slight differences, there were more demons and there wasn't a guy getting snatched by a demon like before. Apart from that, it was the same.

Do you mean V2 demons? I have never seen anyone get snatched by a demon. 

I have to say I must be very unlucky, fair enough I have only been on it twice but it was exactly the same for me each time! 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic