Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Surely the transit system on this is a simple evolution of the Immersive Tunnel (also by Simworx)? A full circuit version rather than about 5 feet of track?

I'm fearful that the terms of "ground breaking technology" have been used as a basis of a rather simple evolution of pre-existing technology... Though I am really simplifying the work no doubt put into some of it, from the sounds of it there are many similarities to the Immersive Tunnel system...

I'm definitely in the camp of 'I was expecting much more'. I agree Valhalla and Hex are better, although Hob's pit is pushing it!

It's an ok ride, and I'd go on it again but I don't think it was worth the money if it's as expensive as the rumours say. While the ride system seems quite clever (if it works how I think it does) it's still not really impressive and doesn't have the same wow factor as something like the new Pirates ride in Shanghai or even Ratatouille in Paris.

For me personally I would've stayed away from spoilers if it opened in May as I was there the end of May, so could've stayed away. Now there's a very slight chance I might be able to go on Sunday other than that I'm not going to the park until fright nights, and it would be impossible for me to stay away from spoilers for that long [emoji85] It's not going to dampen my experience of the ride though as whenever I finally get to ride it it will still be my experience, I can read about the VR as much as I want but it's not the same as actually seeing it.

1 hour ago, ThaliaKleio said:

For me personally I would've stayed away from spoilers if it opened in May as I was there the end of May, so could've stayed away. Now there's a very slight chance I might be able to go on Sunday other than that I'm not going to the park until fright nights, and it would be impossible for me to stay away from spoilers for that long emoji85.png It's not going to dampen my experience of the ride though as whenever I finally get to ride it it will still be my experience, I can read about the VR as much as I want but it's not the same as actually seeing it.

I'm going sunday too fingers crossed

I have rode the ghost train it has brilliant themeing and is fun has many jumpscares and is a good ride altogether but it does have some minor glitches but this is because it is Technical Rehearsals.The only thing I think they should improve on is the scariness as I did not get scared. Fair play to the actors as they did a good job by syncing up with everyone's storyline.

-Callum 

23 minutes ago, Owen said:

According to the Evening Standard, the attraction officially opens tomorrow. The ride sign has also been changed to "DEPARTIBG SOON".

As does an article posted this afternoon on the Guardian website! Perhaps they both know something we don't! :D

Link

The Guardian link just says 'latest reports', so the writer could be referencing the standard article or even just a punter confused between technical rehearsals and opening. The Standard quotes it as a fact, but it can't be true. Nothing on Thorpe's Twitter or Facebook apart from just telling people its open for technical rehearsals.

Press night is the 21st and I didn't see opening being before that when I rode the ride on Tuesday, still had its fair share of glitches 

1 hour ago, EpicSmatty said:

Teacher at my sixth form organising a trip to Thorpe Park said they told him on the phone that the ride should be open by the time they go (next week) :D

Or he's bull****ting and using 'Thorpe said' to cover his arse.  Teacher at my son's school told the pupils the ride was already open, when my son said 'but only for technical rehearsals and it's not every day', he was given the 'Thorpe staff said' line to and got told to shut up.

To which he replied "well the ride is crap anyway, I'd rather queue for Swarm than the breakdown train'.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic