Marc

Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon - New for 2017

They are using a completely different headset though. New software etc, not thoroughly tested. If they can't even get the projectors in the smiler queue to work how will they manage all these headsets.

1) I am not bashing Merlin just bringing up a topic of conversation.

2) They are going into this blind, as they say they are doing something never done before here.

3) My only worry is that if the likes of Disney/Universal haven't done it yet, Why haven't they done it yet.......There must be a good reason. I think I would just prefer the use of screens and projections before going straight onto a VR hype train

4) Europa are using the headsets for a completely different use, same with Galactica, at the end of the day if the tech stops working you still have a great ride just minus the headset. I wonder how the Derren Brown ride will be impacted if the VR section goes down. 

I dont think they are going into it blind - it will be thoroughly tested - I cant really see headsets breaking etc being an issue, they will no doubt have spares.

AS for the VR section going down- if there was to be a problem I expect that would be a shutdown like a technical problem on any other ride and closed to be fixed.

I would have also thought that HTC would have been involved as they headsets are obviously not going to be the same as the public pre-order ones. I would guess that they are custom builds. What also might be interesting is if HTC are heavily involved then maybe there will be other specialnesses to these machines. We also may see HTC using it as a launch vector when the Vives are released too. Which would be more advertising for the ride, which is definitely a good thing.

How is that any different from say B&M building their first ever dive coaster though? The hardware may look the same but there's a whole world of unseen untested software running every new ride.

If anything they'll be less likely to fail, they've had almost 2 years of beta testing to get it right.

And lug it around the whole park for the rest of the day!

What's wrong with that. It would be no bigger than say a shoebox I would assume. People lug giant teddy's around the park  all day.

Is it just me or did some posts I saw earlier go walkabouts? Glad they did as they were very spoilerific! Didn't look at them for too long to save me from spoilers!

Is it just me or did some posts I saw earlier go walkabouts? Glad they did as they were very spoilerific! Didn't look at them for too long to save me from spoilers!

South Parks posted the images however Thorpe Park found them and requested them to be removed as they want to keep it top secret.

South Parks posted the images however Thorpe Park found them and requested them to be removed as they want to keep it top secret.

What did those pictures have in them exactly? And they must be exciting if Thorpe wanted to remove them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It contained 4 pictures of what the vr would look like as well as 4 pictures of construction updates. The queue looked complete now with plants around the area. It also showed us the inside of the warehouse with the train carriage.

Can you find it anywhere on the Internet or has it been removed completely?

Can you find it anywhere on the Internet or has it been removed completely?

I think it has been removed completely :(

Hopefully, more towards the opening day the pictures get revealed.