Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

This must have been released early as well as some of the tweets about derren Browns new ride were on Twitter 10 hours ago!!

I think that was from the video Thorpe posted at midnight.

This has made it into the mainstream press too!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11954509/Derren-Brown-launches-Thorpe-Park-psychological-ride.html

Derren-Brown-brain_3482894b.jpg

I am so excited for this. I have been a fan of Derren's since Mind Control first aired on Channel 4 and his live shows are some of the best I have ever seen!

How his style will work in an attraction is going to be very interesting to see. Especially when they say "...where the guests will be unable to make the distinction between what is real or imagined!". And with all this talk of next generation technology, I really don't know what they have planned but it's definitely exciting!

I am so excited for this. I have been a fan of Derren's since Mind Control first aired on Channel 4 and his live shows are some of the best I have ever seen!

How his style will work in an attraction is going to be very interesting to see. Especially when they say "...where the guests will be unable to make the distinction between what is real or imagined!". And with all this talk of next generation technology, I really don't know what they have planned but it's definitely exciting!

Indeed - I do really really like Derren Brown - glad it's this IP and not the "others" that were mooted ;)

I do think, as others have said, he's not about to put his name to any old rubbish - which does lead me to hope this is going to be a cracking dark ride and addition to Thorpe Park. In some ways I hope the mystery as to what goes on inside that big old shed is maintained until opening day.

I imagine it will employ a lot of "old style" effects.

If Derren himself appears at all, I believe it will be in the pre-show and a peppers ghost illusion, instead of a video screen, will be used.

I just don't want it to be ABOUT him and a really self obsessed vanity project.

Look at Universal Creatives relationship with Spielberg..

He does not litter himself throughout the attractions.

I hope Derren is a humble man who has created and directed this thing.

I know I said if it is Derren I am out, However, I am very sure it could be the UKs best ride. If it is not a vanity project.

The man knows illusions, he knows showmanship, and he is not afraid to tell you how he does it.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic